It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

None of the other fixes(trying various Quicktime versions, compatibility settings, config files, etc.) worked on this laptop. The game would immediately go black screen as soon as I ran the .exe - sound was audible, however.

What worked for my system, was going into the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel, then under the "3D" tab, changing Vertical Sync from "On" to "Application Settings". After Applying and hitting Ok, the game loaded perfectly with no problems thus far. I am not using any other compatibility settings for the .exe - all checkboxes are clear under the Compatibility tab.

If you don't have an Intel HD Graphics icon in your system tray, you can access it by right-clicking a blank area of the Desktop, and clicking, "Graphics Properties...".

Once in the game, I was able to enable Vertical Sync from the video options menu, with no problems thus far. I doubt this will fix crashing or graphics corruption issues, but if you are getting black screen right from the get-go, I would definitely give it a whirl.

Alex
Post edited August 10, 2015 by theheartstrung