It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ragmand: I know this topic is 4 years old, but there's a similar problem now. I had this experience with libfmodex64.so.

libGLEW.so is included with the game, as is libfmodex64.so, the problem is that the startup script is badly written. In ~/GOG\ Games/Mount\ Blade\ Warband (or wherever you installed the game), you have to add the line export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:"`pwd`/game" between the #Action and run_game() { in start.sh.

$LD_LIBRARY_PATH is consulted at runtime by ld, the dynamic linker (finds all of your shared libraries (Linux equivalent to Windows' DLLs)). The game includes all of the necessary dynamic libraries, which is the good and correct thing to do, but the script left out this crucial step. I wouldn't expect a new Linux user, or even a semi-experienced one without programming experience, to know this or figure it out.
It said i was missing libGLEW.so.2.1, but thanks to you, it was solved.
Post edited July 08, 2022 by Grzegorz_Baltissen
Ragmand: I know this topic is 4 years old, but there's a similar problem now. I had this experience with libfmodex64.so.

libGLEW.so is included with the game, as is libfmodex64.so, the problem is that the startup script is badly written. In ~/GOG\ Games/Mount\ Blade\ Warband (or wherever you installed the game), you have to add the line export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:"`pwd`/game" between the #Action and run_game() { in start.sh.

$LD_LIBRARY_PATH is consulted at runtime by ld, the dynamic linker (finds all of your shared libraries (Linux equivalent to Windows' DLLs)). The game includes all of the necessary dynamic libraries, which is the good and correct thing to do, but the script left out this crucial step. I wouldn't expect a new Linux user, or even a semi-experienced one without programming experience, to know this or figure it out.
Hi!

The easiest way to solve that, is to change the "./mb_warband_linux" part in the GOG start.sh script, for '"/mb_warband.sh", which contains all the necessary trick to point to the rigt directory with the DLLs.

Also, I advise to edit mbw_config.sh to explicitly add a
cd "$PROGRAM_DIRECTORY"
before the line calling the "mbw_config_linux" binary. On my side, without this change, the configuration app was not able to see the Modules.

Hope it helps :)

-- Cuines
Post edited July 23, 2022 by cuines

Thank you so much. This fixes all the issues! Runs on Ubuntu Jammy 22.04
I tried all your suggestions, one after another, but would keep on getting

malloc_consolidate(): unaligned fastbin chunk detected
Aborted (core dumped)

I already downloaded the game again, reinstalled, added the line from Ragmand's suggestion to the #Actions. That's what it looks like:

# Actions
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:"`pwd`/game"
run_game() {
echo "Running ${GAME_NAME}"
cd "${CURRENT_DIR}/game"
chmod +x *
./"mb_warband.sh"

}

Any suggestions?
nickalreadytaken: I tried all your suggestions, one after another, but would keep on getting

Aborted (core dumped)

I already downloaded the game again, reinstalled, added the line from Ragmand's suggestion to the #Actions. That's what it looks like:

# Actions
run_game() {
cd "${CURRENT_DIR}/game"
chmod +x *
./"mb_warband.sh"

}

Any suggestions?
Hi,

Did you try this: https://www.gog.com/forum/mount_blade_series/linux_warband_missing_libglewso110/post17 ?
The mb_warband.sh file already contains the tricks to load the dlls.

-- Cuines
nickalreadytaken: I tried all your suggestions, one after another, but would keep on getting

Aborted (core dumped)

# Actions
run_game() {
cd "${CURRENT_DIR}/game"
chmod +x *
./"mb_warband.sh"

}

Any suggestions?
cuines: Hi,

Did you try this: https://www.gog.com/forum/mount_blade_series/linux_warband_missing_libglewso110/post17 ?
The mb_warband.sh file already contains the tricks to load the dlls.

-- Cuines
I am also getting the same "unaligned fastbin chunk detected" bug, and really don't know what to do. I don't think it has anything to do with the missing libglewso110, since I solved this problem.

Any ideas ?
Post edited January 08, 2023 by Magnin

Thanks a lot, it worked for me