It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ghosttab: So can we install mods with the free version or what? Anyone got a list which will work if any?
don2712: I have the original game on disk (not sure which issue number it is) which I purchased about 5 years ago, does anyone know if the GOG version is the latest including any upgrades since then?
The GOG version seems to be based on the latest regular v1.011 (mods specifically requiring the Enhanced v1.011 don't seem to work with this version). Mods that need Enhanced will specifically say so on the download page.
Arkose: The GOG version seems to be based on the latest regular v1.011 (mods specifically requiring the Enhanced v1.011 don't seem to work with this version). Mods that need Enhanced will specifically say so on the download page.
Ah, that's too bad. I heard the Enhanced edition can help with certain problems players might run into.
I have played this game for years, both enhanced and not. GOGs version is a mod as the stats of some items do not correlate to neither v 1.011 nor 1.011E despite them calling it the native mod.... What is going on here?

I also recommend Warband.
Not that I like to self-promote but until GoG can add the enhanced edition - I'd suggest reading what I posted here

You should be able to activate the enhanced edition with your Warband serial key.

Those of you who missed the free Mount and Blade giveaway will get 2 games in one!
Themken: I have played this game for years, both enhanced and not. GOGs version is a mod as the stats of some items do not correlate to neither v 1.011 nor 1.011E despite them calling it the native mod.... What is going on here?
That's super weird. I can understand "system" files being different -- no doubt due to DRM removal -- but item stats being altered for the GOG release?

Holy heck, it'd be nice if we could get some kind of semi-official word about what exactly people are getting here.
Post edited November 30, 2014 by Zeus
Hi sorry for necro posting but for anyone who is interested the GOG version is running the standard version of 1.011, for I have downloaded the enhanced version (Using your warband serial key is to activate is true) and differences are very apparent, the more mundane change is the paradox opening which comes before the tales world opening, Now the first real change is at the star menu, for when compared to the standard gog it is at a higher resolution and doesn't have that 'grainy' look to it.

Also I did just boot it so more testing is needed but it seem to have removed the prosperity notification from the game log

But anyway gog does in fact use the 2008 version.