It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi there,
Is there any way to use the D-Pad (the small cross left of the joystick under the xbox symbol) instead of the actual upper right joystick? On any console when playing beat em ups I always used the dpad and left the joystick alone.
Is there a way to configure this for MK 3 (or 1 and 2 for that matter)?
When I try to configure the controlls it will only allow me to use the upper left joystick :which doesnt work at all in MK3, it will just do random stuff (random walking, jumping etc. without me even moving it).
Thanks in advance!
No idea if this works with 360 controllers, but with ps3 ones I use the program motioninjoy and set up the dpad to the keyboard controls so that I can play with the ps3 controller.
Might want to take a look at this. Works fine for my gamepad (it's not an official XBOX controller, but has an XInput mode, so it should work with yours too) with DOSBOX.
I will try this out once I'm back home. However it is quite awkward gog Team said it just works fine however for me the character will move at compete random. Even Punches and Kicks will come at complete random in MK3 :/
Roin: I will try this out once I'm back home. However it is quite awkward gog Team said it just works fine however for me the character will move at compete random. Even Punches and Kicks will come at complete random in MK3 :/
Once you get a key mapping program for your controller, it'll work better with that than if you were using the controller the old school way anyway.
Follow the info here:
http://archive.jonnys-place.com/index.php?topic=10495.0

to instal the custom made drivers for Xbox 360 controllers. Then you can use the dpad and triggers in old games like these.
So for me in MK1 and the XBox 360, to use the control pad I did the following:

1 - Navigate to the installed directory and edit: "dosboxMortalKombat.conf".

2 - Go down to the Joystick section and set your stick to FCS.

3 - Launch MK1 and open the mapper built in (CTRL+F1).

4 - Map the buttons to what you want them to be on your joypad. **NOTE** this is using the mapper to map keyboard controlls to your gamepad, you will NOT be using the actual in game options to to select joystick controlls.

5 - Save and exit and now your Xbox 360 uses the gamepad for movement.

**Additional Notes**
As the XBox 360 pad only has "four" buttons, don't forget to map the block key to one of your trigger buttons (or low/high kick/punch as you prefer).