Here's a tip that the Readme failed to mention: If you prefer playing in ScummVM with the original MIDI soundtrack and you like the environmental ambience tracks, besides copying track25.ogg through track29.ogg to the game folder, also copy track22.ogg through track24.ogg. Those are three environmental tracks that the CD-ROM edition added. Track22.ogg, for example, is the waves and seagulls that you hear when you first walk down to the docks at the beginning of the game.
As mentioned above, if you copy track22.ogg i will lose intro song (and why do you want that?!).
Does these preferences works in ScummVM? Shows nothing when i press any combination (works in DOS version) and there is no monkey.cfg to manually set this options..
- CTRL-a toggles narrator mode.
- CTRL-p toggles Spiffy mode between "SE based VGA", "EGA scan" and "no closeup".
- CTRL-q toggles subtitle mode between "keep original text" and "match voice acting".
- Preferences are stored in monkey.cfg, which is loaded automatically whenever a new game is started.
- Music volume is saved whenever one of those toggles are used.
- Savegames contain their own settings overiding monkey.cfg when loaded, except for music volume.