It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

As the title says, I'm curious about this. It seems a little odd that there's a Linux version on Steam but GOG doesn't get it.
I'd like to know that too. Last i saw apparently GOG were the ones holding up the Linux version for some reason. Unless I'm remembering incorrectly. They just updated both games with achievements but still no Linux version.
This made me scratch my head back then, and I'm still doing it now..
..This is indubitably odd.. :[
Especially if one considers how great of a support for DRM-free games one can find within the linux-gaming-community.. I obviously do not have the numbers, but my intuition tells me it jumps way up from the general PC-gaming crowd.
@GOG: I'd like to back this question about the Linux versions. Please count my buy of the Metro Franchise Bundle as a vote for the existing and upcoming Linux versions.
Might have something to do with the lackluster performance from those ports. I tried playing the native Last Light port and it was horrible. Had to force install the Windows version and play under Proton, which was a much better experience.

Considering how easy it was for me to install and play the GOG version of Exodus via Lutris and Proton, I'd imagine it'd be just as easy to get the GOG versions of 2033 and Last Light working.
This is strange indeed. Normally when GOG doesn't release a Linux version, it's because they don't have the rights to it.

But from what I can tell, the Windows, macOS and Linux versions of Metro Redux are made by the same developer and pusblisher...
Post edited October 24, 2020 by goldenapple3
TheSilentObserver: Might have something to do with the lackluster performance from those ports. I tried playing the native Last Light port and it was horrible. Had to force install the Windows version and play under Proton, which was a much better experience.
problem's on your end then.
TheSilentObserver: Might have something to do with the lackluster performance from those ports. I tried playing the native Last Light port and it was horrible. Had to force install the Windows version and play under Proton, which was a much better experience.
osm: problem's on your end then.
Like I said, the Windows versions of the games run perfectly fine on my system via Proton. The problem is with the Linux native ports being garbage, which is a fairly well-known issue with native Linux ports. The problem is NOT on my end.
osm: problem's on your end then.
TheSilentObserver: Like I said, the Windows versions of the games run perfectly fine on my system via Proton. The problem is with the Linux native ports being garbage, which is a fairly well-known issue with native Linux ports. The problem is NOT on my end.
typically challenged user you are then. 100% like I said.
finished both even on a an outdated rig, with pristine performance and all. no idea why they'd suddenly be garbage ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ problem's still on your end
Post edited December 04, 2020 by osm
TheSilentObserver: Like I said, the Windows versions of the games run perfectly fine on my system via Proton. The problem is with the Linux native ports being garbage, which is a fairly well-known issue with native Linux ports. The problem is NOT on my end.
osm: typically challenged user you are then. 100% like I said.
finished both even on a an outdated rig, with pristine performance and all. no idea why they'd suddenly be garbage ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ problem's still on your end
It's a shit port. Glad you had luck. But definitely not an uncommon problem with Linux ports.

Now, do everyone a favor, and buzz off.
Post edited December 04, 2020 by TheSilentObserver
Those ports were subsidized by Valve as part of the SteamOS and SteamMachines launch.
osm: typically challenged user you are then. 100% like I said.
TheSilentObserver: It's a shit port. Glad you had luck. But definitely not an uncommon problem with Linux ports.

Now, do everyone a favor, and buzz off.
I am sorry you had terrible luck, but I don't think you have played the port since your "horrible" experience.
However, I do have to agree with you, the original port released was a shitty one and GOG is probably working on that one.
In that case, the chances of seeing the Linux release on GOG are very slim. I would buy it again on GOG if it releases though.
Post edited February 05, 2021 by Abhishek_Papanna
For those interested here are wishlist entries:
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/metro_2033_last_light_redux_on_linux
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/metro_last_light_redux_linux_version
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/metro_2033_redux_for_linux

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/metro_exodus_linux_version
yes would be cool
I asked 4A Games on Facebook if GOG was getting the Mac and Linux versions of Exodus, and they confirmed that right now, those will only be released on Steam and the Apple Store, so I guess we're going to be restricted to just Windows for the entire series here.