It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

So, having a Dell XPS 8300 with 9 GB of RAM and a 1 GB dedicated video card, I know I can use all of the highest settings for the game. It all works except the resolution. When I put it on 1600x1200 and hit "Apply", the game crashes and the little window with the command lands shows a flashing red message saying something like "OpenGL error" or something of the sort. Because of that, I have to restart the game in Safe Mode and reset all the graphic options back up and I now can only play the game with the second-highest resolution (1200 somethingx I forgot, but you all know), which doesn't look bad still, but I would've loved to use the full resolution. Any of you familiar with this issue and what the solution may be?
Chewy1015: So, having a Dell XPS 8300 with 9 GB of RAM and a 1 GB dedicated video card, I know I can use all of the highest settings for the game. It all works except the resolution. When I put it on 1600x1200 and hit "Apply", the game crashes and the little window with the command lands shows a flashing red message saying something like "OpenGL error" or something of the sort. Because of that, I have to restart the game in Safe Mode and reset all the graphic options back up and I now can only play the game with the second-highest resolution (1200 somethingx I forgot, but you all know), which doesn't look bad still, but I would've loved to use the full resolution. Any of you familiar with this issue and what the solution may be?
Did you try using the custom resolution solutions as mentioned in this thread:

[url= http://www.gog.com/en/forum/medal_of_honor_allied_assault_war_chest/widescreen_support ] http://www.gog.com/en/forum/medal_of_honor_allied_assault_war_chest/widescreen_support [/url]

unnamedsoldier.cfg file, which can be found in the [your mohaa installation folder\]main\configs folder (mainta\configs and maintt\configs for Spearhead and Breakthrough respectively).

r_customwidth "1600"
r_customheight "1200"
r_mode "-1"
Chewy1015: So, having a Dell XPS 8300 with 9 GB of RAM and a 1 GB dedicated video card, I know I can use all of the highest settings for the game. It all works except the resolution. When I put it on 1600x1200 and hit "Apply", the game crashes and the little window with the command lands shows a flashing red message saying something like "OpenGL error" or something of the sort. Because of that, I have to restart the game in Safe Mode and reset all the graphic options back up and I now can only play the game with the second-highest resolution (1200 somethingx I forgot, but you all know), which doesn't look bad still, but I would've loved to use the full resolution. Any of you familiar with this issue and what the solution may be?
Alfie3000: Did you try using the custom resolution solutions as mentioned in this thread:

[url= http://www.gog.com/en/forum/medal_of_honor_allied_assault_war_chest/widescreen_support ] http://www.gog.com/en/forum/medal_of_honor_allied_assault_war_chest/widescreen_support [/url]

unnamedsoldier.cfg file, which can be found in the [your mohaa installation folder\]main\configs folder (mainta\configs and maintt\configs for Spearhead and Breakthrough respectively).

r_customwidth "1600"
r_customheight "1200"
r_mode "-1"
I just tried that, but the first problem was that I didn't see any customwidth or customheight areas in that file. I did see the mode area which had 8 in it. So I just added the customwidth and customheight parts right above the mode part and of course, changed the mode to -1. Once I tried to save it, it said that access to saving the file was denied, so I couldn't save it with the changes. Am I supposed to add the customwidth and customheight parts to a different part of the file?
Chewy1015: I just tried that, but the first problem was that I didn't see any customwidth or customheight areas in that file. I did see the mode area which had 8 in it. So I just added the customwidth and customheight parts right above the mode part and of course, changed the mode to -1. Once I tried to save it, it said that access to saving the file was denied, so I couldn't save it with the changes. Am I supposed to add the customwidth and customheight parts to a different part of the file?
Add them under the "cvars" section. If it can't save the file, try saving it to the desktop then copy and paste it back into the folder to overwrite it. Make sure your running the game and the configure.exe as an administrator (Right click --> Properties --> Compatibility --> Always run as administrator)

Also if that doesn't work. Try deleting the unnamedsoldier.cfg files then run the game and adjust all the settings except the screen resolution. Now edit the new unnamedsoldier.cfg with the resolution settings. It might also benefit if you make it read only afterwards (Right click --> Properties ---> Read only).
Chewy1015: I just tried that, but the first problem was that I didn't see any customwidth or customheight areas in that file. I did see the mode area which had 8 in it. So I just added the customwidth and customheight parts right above the mode part and of course, changed the mode to -1. Once I tried to save it, it said that access to saving the file was denied, so I couldn't save it with the changes. Am I supposed to add the customwidth and customheight parts to a different part of the file?
Alfie3000: Add them under the "cvars" section. If it can't save the file, try saving it to the desktop then copy and paste it back into the folder to overwrite it. Make sure your running the game and the configure.exe as an administrator (Right click --> Properties --> Compatibility --> Always run as administrator)

Also if that doesn't work. Try deleting the unnamedsoldier.cfg files then run the game and adjust all the settings except the screen resolution. Now edit the new unnamedsoldier.cfg with the resolution settings. It might also benefit if you make it read only afterwards (Right click --> Properties ---> Read only).
So I tried every single little thing you suggested here, and not only does it still not work, but I had lost my saved games and will have to start over now because I didn't know that when originally deleting the unnamedsoldier.cfg would do that.

I did write down the error message it shows on the command line when I try to run the game with the 1600x1200 settings, and it says "GLW_StartOpenGL () - could not load OpenGL subsystem"
Chewy1015: So I tried every single little thing you suggested here, and not only does it still not work, but I had lost my saved games and will have to start over now because I didn't know that when originally deleting the unnamedsoldier.cfg would do that.

I did write down the error message it shows on the command line when I try to run the game with the 1600x1200 settings, and it says "GLW_StartOpenGL () - could not load OpenGL subsystem"
Sorry about that, your saved games aren't deleted they should be in the virtual store folder. (C:/Users/<your username>/AppData/Local/Virtual Store/Program Files/GoG.com/MOHAA)
This folder is also hidden so you need to show hidden files to see it. Copy and paste them back into your normal saved games folder. This a feature of UAC on Windows Vista/7/8. Windows doesn't let programs write to the program files folder anymore unless you run it as administrator. To get around this its best to install old programs into a folder outside of program files (eg C:/Games/).

With the OpenGL error its usually because it can't display that resolution. I'm not sure why your game can't display that resolution since other people seem to be running it in 1600 x 1200. You could try setting the resolution using the console in the game (press the ~ key ) using the same commands. Or your going to have to use a smaller resolution that does play.
Chewy1015: So I tried every single little thing you suggested here, and not only does it still not work, but I had lost my saved games and will have to start over now because I didn't know that when originally deleting the unnamedsoldier.cfg would do that.

Alfie3000: I tried the thing with the command line in game, and that doesn't work neither. I too don't get it because I play other games in that resolution and it's fine. Well, most other games, it's in 1600 x 900. I may be able to try it that way, but I highly doubt it'll work.

Sorry about that, your saved games aren't deleted they should be in the virtual store folder. (C:/Users/<your username>/AppData/Local/Virtual Store/Program Files/GoG.com/MOHAA)
This folder is also hidden so you need to show hidden files to see it. Copy and paste them back into your normal saved games folder. This a feature of UAC on Windows Vista/7/8. Windows doesn't let programs write to the program files folder anymore unless you run it as administrator. To get around this its best to install old programs into a folder outside of program files (eg C:/Games/).

With the OpenGL error its usually because it can't display that resolution. I'm not sure why your game can't display that resolution since other people seem to be running it in 1600 x 1200. You could try setting the resolution using the console in the game (press the ~ key ) using the same commands. Or your going to have to use a smaller resolution that does play.