If i have 4 banks of weapons, how do i set them to fire one by one instead of EVERYTHING at one target?
And what is the best way to take out fighters and missles? Im getting completely destroyed by those. I currently have cruisers setup with 12 PD mass drivers each. They kill like...2-3 missles per volley.
Also have warlord, +75 computer and battle scanners.
If you click on a weapon in the tactical screen, you can cycle trough 3 firing modes.
- fire on next attack (default)
- don't fire on next attack (reverts to default after the first time you fire the ship's weapon)
- only fire on incoming fighters/missiles (will remain in the mode until to change it manually, only affects point defense weapons)
There are several ways to take out missiles/fighters before they hit your ship
- point defense weapons
- normal beam weapons
- anti missile rockets
- intercepting them with your own fighters (they carry point defense weapons)
- lightning field (also works on energy torpedoes)
- ECM special
- there are also special weapons that deal damage to everything in a radius around the ship
It can also be useful to see what modifications were placed on those missiles