It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Thanks for a great work!

Is it possible to mod a game to add these features:
- a Colony ship that can colonize an asteroid belts and a gas giants (with planet construction tech).
- an ability to destroy unowned planet with Stellar Converter?
sytnik.aa: Thanks for a great work!

Is it possible to mod a game to add these features:
- a Colony ship that can colonize an asteroid belts and a gas giants (with planet construction tech).
- an ability to destroy unowned planet with Stellar Converter?
Unlikely that we will add such features to 1.50.
Rocco.40: Unlikely that we will add such features to 1.50.
It's a pity! I hope you'll change your mind.

Also, many thanks for the "leaders_no_limit" option. This limitation was very annoying in the original game.

Is it possible to finetune the number of turns that takes a leader to move to a location?

Oh, and the "leader_warlord_bonus" option -- can it be applied to the ship officiers only?
Post edited January 12, 2019 by sytnik.aa
Could you help me with "planet_specials_chance" setting, please?

I would like to have more planets with specials.

For testing, I've added following in my USER.CFG:

planet_specials_chance no_special = 0; # was 64
planet_specials_chance wormhole = 0; # was 5
planet_specials_chance space_debris = 0; # was 3
planet_specials_chance pirate_cache = 0; # was 2
planet_specials_chance gold_deposites = 100; # was 3
planet_specials_chance gem_deposites = 0; # was 2
planet_specials_chance natives = 0; # was 9
planet_specials_chance splinter_colony = 0; # was 4
planet_specials_chance hero = 0; # was 3
planet_specials_chance monster = 0; # was 0
planet_specials_chance ancient_artifacts = 0; # was 5

My expectations -> every planet will have a "gold_deposites" special. Reality -> only a few planets have this special.

The settings are parsed, if I set something like planet_specials_chance gold_deposites = 1000 the game produces an error.

Is there another setting to increase the chance for a planet to have a special?
Post edited January 13, 2019 by sytnik.aa
sytnik.aa: [...] Is it possible to finetune the number of turns that takes a leader to move to a location?

Oh, and the "leader_warlord_bonus" option -- can it be applied to the ship officiers only?
- The 5 turns ETA (or ETA's if value is kept for both star and fleet officers..) hasn't been exposed atm.
- The warlord option is not tunable for star and fleet officers separately.

sytnik.aa: I would like to have more planets with specials.

For testing, I've added following in my USER.CFG:

planet_specials_chance no_special = 0; # was 64
planet_specials_chance wormhole = 0; # was 5
planet_specials_chance space_debris = 0; # was 3
planet_specials_chance pirate_cache = 0; # was 2
planet_specials_chance gold_deposites = 100; # was 3
planet_specials_chance gem_deposites = 0; # was 2
planet_specials_chance natives = 0; # was 9
planet_specials_chance splinter_colony = 0; # was 4
planet_specials_chance hero = 0; # was 3
planet_specials_chance monster = 0; # was 0
planet_specials_chance ancient_artifacts = 0; # was 5

My expectations -> every planet will have a "gold_deposites" special. Reality -> only a few planets have this special.

The settings are parsed, if I set something like planet_specials_chance gold_deposites = 1000 the game produces an error.

Is there another setting to increase the chance for a planet to have a special?
You are right that allowed input is relaxed here, the maximum value per line is 99 and the sum of values should not exceed 100, otherwise mapgen can stall.
The percentages of the planet_specials_chance table are not a percent of total present planets in a galaxy, so you can never get all planets in the galaxy to have gold deposits. First, only 1 special per star even if that star has multiple planets. Second, this chance table applies only when a star was assigned to have a special. This first part, that determines if a star has a special or not, is not tunable atm. If you like to experiment with HEX, then this can be influenced for example by upping a roll value in hex 0x112232 that is 100 (64) by default to for example 250 (FA) and you will see much more systems with a special.
Post edited January 15, 2019 by Rocco.40

The percentages of the planet_specials_chance table are not a percent of total present planets in a galaxy, so you can never get all planets in the galaxy to have gold deposits.
I suspected something like this...

Thanks for a clarification!

Again, thank you very much for the hard work of your team, looking forward for a new amazing features from you!
Hi, I'm having problems getting the changes I made in the PICKS.cfg file to take affect.
I made changes only to the cfg file and nothing else. Did I miss a step?
Ranma: Hi, I'm having problems getting the changes I made in the PICKS.cfg file to take affect.
I made changes only to the cfg file and nothing else. Did I miss a step?
The missing step is that you need to enable picks.cfg in the parent file '150i.CFG' (one directory level up).

change in that file:
include 150\mods\150\cfg\RACES.CFG; # classic picks and corrected AI race designs.
# include 150\mods\150\cfg\PICKS.CFG; # new picks and matching AI race designs.

to:
# include 150\mods\150\cfg\RACES.CFG; # classic picks and corrected AI race designs.
include 150\mods\150\cfg\PICKS.CFG; # new picks and matching AI race designs.
Okay, I made the changes to the 150i.cfg. I still get the default values for the race picks.
Ranma: Okay, I made the changes to the 150i.cfg. I still get the default values for the race picks.
Did you select the core mod '1.50 improved' in the Launcher?
Yes, I have it set to 1.50 improved. I haven't experienced any errors with the launcher.
Ranma: Yes, I have it set to 1.50 improved. I haven't experienced any errors with the launcher.
have you checked that you made your changes in the right picks.cfg, the one that is used by the game and not for example the picks.cfg in your installation directory?
to find out check the location of your actual orion150.exe that is used. the correct file's relative location is 150\mods\150\cfg\PICKS.CFG
Ah, I'm an idiot. I've been using the wrong picks.cfg file. Sorry about that.
It's working now, thanks for the assist.
Ranma: Ah, I'm an idiot. I've been using the wrong picks.cfg file. Sorry about that.
It's working now, thanks for the assist.
no problemo.
actually the Launcher can be helpful for further modding: In menu 'Tools' click 'Mods Directory', that will take you to the correct location for modding cfg files.
Hello,

I'm french, and i have the version 1.40 of the GOG version, in french.

When i install the 1.50 patch, the language turns to english.
Is there an option (or a method) to set the language to french when i install the 1.50 patch ?

Thank you very much by advance

Laurent