It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm not quite sure whether this is a bug or whether there is some new way to do this. On newly conquered colonies, it used to be possible (in 1.4) to toggle between eliminating 1 colonist per turn and not by clicking on the colony name at the top center (until the first captured colonist was assimilated). In 1.5, it seems you can reverse your decision to eliminate colonists by clicking on the red "Eliminating..." text at the top center, but you can't then go back to eliminating.
zevbenjamin: Bug report:
Version 1.50.11 and 1.50 Improved

When playing as a lithovore race and after having researched evolutionary mutation, the picks screen allows you to select cybernetic, which automatically deselects lithovore. Cybernetic can then be de-selected (giving you 14 picks, though you can still only spend 4), but lithovore cannot be re-selected (because it costs more than 4). After getting into this situation, the race does actually lose the lithovore trait after a turn.
This is a known classic bug.
Post edited May 15, 2018 by Rocco.40
zevbenjamin: I'm not quite sure whether this is a bug or whether there is some new way to do this. On newly conquered colonies, it used to be possible (in 1.4) to toggle between eliminating 1 colonist per turn and not by clicking on the colony name at the top center (until the first captured colonist was assimilated). In 1.5, it seems you can reverse your decision to eliminate colonists by clicking on the red "Eliminating..." text at the top center, but you can't then go back to eliminating.
Perhaps i missed something here, but in versions 1.31 and 1.40 I do not know a way to go back to "Eliminating" after I have cancelled it. Toggling back on colony name at top center does not work for me. Do you get the pop-up "Annihilate the Conquered occupants of this colony at 1 per turn" when toggling back to annihilating?
zevbenjamin: I'm not quite sure whether this is a bug or whether there is some new way to do this. On newly conquered colonies, it used to be possible (in 1.4) to toggle between eliminating 1 colonist per turn and not by clicking on the colony name at the top center (until the first captured colonist was assimilated). In 1.5, it seems you can reverse your decision to eliminate colonists by clicking on the red "Eliminating..." text at the top center, but you can't then go back to eliminating.
Rocco.40: Perhaps i missed something here, but in versions 1.31 and 1.40 I do not know a way to go back to "Eliminating" after I have cancelled it. Toggling back on colony name at top center does not work for me. Do you get the pop-up "Annihilate the Conquered occupants of this colony at 1 per turn" when toggling back to annihilating?
I did not get another pop-up; it just toggled back to "Eliminating." I unfortunately don't have a game on-hand to test this.
On the next turn, the Alkari and the Gnolam will both surrender to the Sakkra simultaneously.

I'd like to request that surrenders be rebalanced, if not outright eliminated. This isn't the first time I've seen this happen, and it's the third empire to surrender to the Sakkra in this game alone. Now that technology transfers upon a surrender, this has the potential to dramatically change the balance of power in a game, and when multiple races surrender to the same empire, it has the potential to make them unstoppable.

SAVE1.GAM
srhill: On the next turn, the Alkari and the Gnolam will both surrender to the Sakkra simultaneously.

I'd like to request that surrenders be rebalanced, if not outright eliminated. This isn't the first time I've seen this happen, and it's the third empire to surrender to the Sakkra in this game alone. Now that technology transfers upon a surrender, this has the potential to dramatically change the balance of power in a game, and when multiple races surrender to the same empire, it has the potential to make them unstoppable.
Poor Gnolam. What are they to do? They have no fleet. They lost the Capitol (-35% morale) and their only remaining planet is a HG world, for which they have no gravity generator tech (-50% gravity). Imaging those 3 pop toiling for some meager outputs! The option to surrender is a sane choice imo.

Then the Alkari. They have some life in them left, altho looking at the history graphs they are hopelessly behind in everything. Their fleets are pestering you with blockades but the (combined) fleet is nowhere near strong enough to break your planetary defenses.

I like how surrenders in your save shakes up the game a bit because due to the newly aquired systems, the Sakkra fleet is suddenly in range of your systems. I played a few turns and indeed they mounted an attack a few turns later (on Omicron in my case).

Neither the Gnolam, nor the Alkari have any techs that the Sakkra don't already possess. Note btw that tech transfers is not a new mechanic in 1.50, it already exists in 1.31 but was bugged causing that only the first 83 techs from the tech list could be surrendered (now all 203 are possible).

By changing "ai_surrender_delay = 150;" you can set from which turn AI's can surrender. (Add it to user.cfg if you wish it to apply to ANY mod.) In your case, setting it to 500 for example should be just fine.

Alternatively, I have attached a manipulated version of your savegame - still at same turn 407 - where there will be no surrenders on clicking next turn (even with surrender parameter at default 150)

http://moo2mod.com/gam/SAVE1_surrender_2x_in_turn_no.GAM
Post edited May 27, 2018 by Rocco.40
I've noticed some strange food numbers in my 1.5.11 game and I'm trying to figure out if this is some WAD change I've been unable to find documentation for, or a bug caused by either the 1.5 patch or the updated Corion2 editor.

In base MOO2 1.31, the highest food value for a planet that I'm aware of was 7. Gaia (3) + Soil (1) + Weather Controller (2) + Astro University (1). It would be 8 with Biomorphic Fungi if that worked. I found uncolonized Terran planets with values of 4 and Gaian planets like Orion had 6.

In my game I was seeing values of 8 without Astro Universities or Fungi (Assuming it works on farm-able planets in the version I have, not clear on that.) Leaders don't modify the base number to my knowledge, but they weren't involved anyway.

It seemed nearly every planet capable of producing food in the galaxy had incorrect numbers to it.

If it was the Corion2 editor I'm not sure how that would cause it as the wrong numbers were everywhere including places I'd never poked around in. If it were the editor though it doesn't explain why I've been able to fix the values without ever observing it changing them on its own again.

I thought it had something to do with the original food producing planets only. Some of the planets DID have the right numbers. Sometimes even in the same system with the same food related improvements, which was what originally tipped me off that something was wrong. I suspected these were originally Barren planets and thus had been left out of whatever change had taken place.

But then a newly terraformed Barren->Tundra planet with 2 food popped up. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I did check with a new game and the Terran Homeworld at least was 2, so it's not as though everything started with more from the beginning.

Anyone else experience something like this?
Zogundar: I've noticed some strange food numbers in my 1.5.11 game and I'm trying to figure out if this is some WAD change I've been unable to find documentation for, or a bug caused by either the 1.5 patch or the updated Corion2 editor.

[...]
If it was the Corion2 editor I'm not sure how that would cause it as the wrong numbers were everywhere including places I'd never poked around in. If it were the editor though it doesn't explain why I've been able to fix the values without ever observing it changing them on its own again.

[...]
So you have been editing this save with Corion2?
Played/loaded the save in 1.31 and then in 1.50 by any chance?

Manual states following:
"Patch versions 1.50.6+ have save file format version 2, which differs slightly from classic format (version 0) and 1.50.3-5 format (version 1). 1.50.6+ will load older saves correctly. Saves from 1.50.6+ also can be loaded in 1.31/1.40, but food output will appear doubled on all planets. If you want to use a save editor, use Corion2 version 1.1 or higher, older Corion2 versions will discard 1.50’s extra data. Other save editors might not support the new save file format."
Post edited May 30, 2018 by Rocco.40
Zogundar: I've noticed some strange food numbers in my 1.5.11 game and I'm trying to figure out if this is some WAD change I've been unable to find documentation for, or a bug caused by either the 1.5 patch or the updated Corion2 editor.

[...]

[...]
Rocco.40: So you have been editing this save with Corion2?
Played/loaded the save in 1.31 and then in 1.50 by any chance?

Manual states following:
"Patch versions 1.50.6+ have save file format version 2, which differs slightly from classic format (version 0) and 1.50.3-5 format (version 1). 1.50.6+ will load older saves correctly. Saves from 1.50.6+ also can be loaded in 1.31/1.40, but food output will appear doubled on all planets. If you want to use a save editor, use Corion2 version 1.1 or higher, older Corion2 versions will discard 1.50’s extra data. Other save editors might not support the new save file format."
That shouldn't be the case. I did accidentally load 1.31 at some point but quit immediately (And wasn't using an auto-save file, not that I advanced any turns.) I've been consistently using the launcher; I have to use a command prompt to load 1.31, and have very different Dosbox settings so I'd notice pretty quickly if I were playing the wrong one. Not unless merely loading the save file without even saving it still changes it somehow (God, I hope not.)

I've also only ever used one version of 1.5, and I'm relatively sure I never used the old Corion2 editor, just the new one that specifically mentions being updated for 1.5.

And unless something can preemptively change the food value for Barren planets somehow so that it's adjusted to take effect upon Terraforming then I don't understand why I'd keep seeing it, I definitely haven't been loading 1.31 since then.
Zogundar: And unless something can preemptively change the food value for Barren planets somehow so that it's adjusted to take effect upon Terraforming then I don't understand why I'd keep seeing it, I definitely haven't been loading 1.31 since then.
Exactly such a thing exists.

I know nothing about 1.5 and how it changes save file format, but back in the day I had written map editor for the original (so save format 0 as it referenced here), and thus know: there is a bit in the planetary data that stores kind of base food value/bonus with isn't listed anyhow other than just modify food output if terrain type allows any, so you can have a world that will have arbitrary large food output as soon it is terraformed above barren (those bonuses survive even planet building, so you can have asteroid chain that construct to artifacts world with production bonus and extra food output), and each next change still will adding the expected amount. The original game use this value different as expected on some monsters guarded worlds I believe, and/or in conjunction with natives if I remember that right (but it is decades ago I was doing that research).
Post edited May 30, 2018 by Enneagon
Zogundar: [...]
Have you used Corion2 to create new systems or new asteroids-planets-gas giants?
If so, did you take care to change the base food value to the correct amount? It defaults to '2' there, regardless of what satellite you create.
Zogundar: Not unless merely loading the save file without even saving it still changes it somehow (God, I hope not.)
Merely loading doesn't change saved game.

Zogundar: And unless something can preemptively change the food value for Barren planets somehow so that it's adjusted to take effect upon Terraforming then I don't understand why I'd keep seeing it, I definitely haven't been loading 1.31 since then.
You should have uploaded saved game, otherwise it's guesswork. I presume that you (despite saying it's unlikely) have somehow cycled formats, so classic->1.50 transformation has been applied. That means that all planets have base food doubled. If that's the case it can be fixed in the following steps:

1. In launcher select Edit->Scripts->MAIN2.LUA, file should open in editor.
2. Delete all contents.
3. Paste the following code:

pp = get_planets()
for i,p in pairs(pp) do
p.food_base = p.food_base / 2
end
set_planets(pp)
msgbox("it works")

4. Save the file.
5. Load your game and in main screen press Alt+LUA (hold alt and type lua, as if a cheat). It should say "Scripting full access enabled".
6. Press 2, should say "it works". Check your planets food output, should become correct.
7. Press Alt+LUA again to disable unsafe mode.

Note that:

- This will mark game as if cheat has been used, so no hall of fame for you.

- If you played for some turns since base food has been corrupted, then newly built artificial planets may have correct food so it will be halved and will become incorrect. In the same way if you built soils since corruption, you have incorrect base mixed with correct soils bonus, which can't be fixed easily.

Btw, if you figure out how you arrived at such save, please report it. It may just be that there's a bug in corion2 or in patch. Also, can you describe what you change with corion2? It may provide a clue to what happened.
Post edited May 31, 2018 by Alex.150
Zogundar: [...]
Rocco.40: Have you used Corion2 to create new systems or new asteroids-planets-gas giants?
If so, did you take care to change the base food value to the correct amount? It defaults to '2' there, regardless of what satellite you create.
Yeah, I added a planet to a system that only had an asteroid belt. Hmm, come to think of it, I think the problem might have already happened by then, because I remember at the time I didn't yet know if the values in the editor were double or quadruple. I wrongly went with the latter because when I checked the untouched Terran and Gaian planets, I saw values of 8 and 12.

In the end I wound up using Corion2 to fix all of the values manually. Unfortunately despite having extra save backups I don't seem to have a save from before the doubling occurred.

Unless it happens again I'm going to assume that I must have absentmindedly loaded and saved in 1.31 without remembering it.
In certain rare circumstances (i.e., a system with a short name, five colonies, and a 4-1 balance of one race against another), a system will not show up as "co-habitated" (system name highlighted by different colors) on the main map.
srhill:
This was a problem in v 1.31 as well. (I think, at least in 1.4.whatever)
Post edited June 03, 2018 by Themken