It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Alex.150: I am not sure I understand. You mean you have several dosbox (non-console) windows? I think it's impossible, provide screenshot if you're sure.
Can't repeat this on local multiplayer game, may be in some of these days, when combat appear im my turn.

Alex.150: Full rewrite of battle module as separate app is comparable effort with better results imo.
Yeah, i mean this. Sniff the data (ships, planets, info about players connections) before combat, make combat on my engine, then input result in game. Where is startpoint to make this? I think i need search autocombat calc (?it will more easy, then rewrite combat module with it's dependencies?) function input point and embed code to start external app, which will returning results of battle on close. But i have problems with low-lewel code, like C or assembler.

What information should I have to make my life easier?
Post edited March 21, 2018 by YetAnotherSpaceFox
It appears that Operations bonuses for leaders are not cumulative, and that only the best bonus is used. If this is intended behavior, it is undocumented.
srhill: It appears that Operations bonuses for leaders are not cumulative, and that only the best bonus is used. If this is intended behavior, it is undocumented.
that's indeed intended behaviour.
note that only for the instructor skill it's explicitely mentioned that only the best bonus applies.
this is somewhat inconsistent, because best bonus applying is the base case and the two exceptions are researcher and megawealth bonuses, which are cumulative.
YetAnotherSpaceFox: ...
It's indeed a bit off topic, I've created a separate thread for it, let me know what you think there.
I cannot help but wonder, why isn't this thread sticky?
Sdfghj: I cannot help but wonder, why isn't this thread sticky?
Because its on teh top anyway, what use of being pinned?
Odd little bug. On the previous turn, the Sakkra surrendered to the player. At the time, a Sakkra fleet was either stationed at or en route to star system Hinde (located just beneath Rigel, center-right), which had not been previously visited by the player. Instead of a "newly discovered" window popping up, a generic "unexplored yellow star" window appeared (with the text in it displaced out of the box, to the left). As you can see, Hinde remains unnamed on the galaxy map, and is listed as unexplored in the planets tab, despite the presence of a player-controlled fleet there.

(I would liked to have preserved the save file for the turn when all this happened, but I accidentally clicked "Next Turn" and was unable to recover the data. Sorry.)

SAVE1.GAM
srhill: Odd little bug. On the previous turn, the Sakkra surrendered to the player. At the time, a Sakkra fleet was either stationed at or en route to star system Hinde (located just beneath Rigel, center-right), which had not been previously visited by the player. Instead of a "newly discovered" window popping up, a generic "unexplored yellow star" window appeared (with the text in it displaced out of the box, to the left). As you can see, Hinde remains unnamed on the galaxy map, and is listed as unexplored in the planets tab, despite the presence of a player-controlled fleet there.

(I would liked to have preserved the save file for the turn when all this happened, but I accidentally clicked "Next Turn" and was unable to recover the data. Sorry.)

SAVE1.GAM
Thanks for the report. Surrenders happen after ships have been moved and explored stars marked. So system is explored by Sakkra but not by player. I think knowledge of explored stars isn't transfered on surrender, will change it if it's so.
I'm using"crystal_keep = 1"
My scout got captured, and when I visit the system after, the game crashes.

Save: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=818070582850509467

Edit: I also tried with latest version after capturing this save. Same result.

Edit2: Seems that it's no longer possible to disable a tractor beam (as opposed to stock moo2). For instance when trying to capture antaran ships it would be prudent to disable it after a failed capture attempt as to not trigger the self destruct.
Post edited April 23, 2018 by stefaen
stefaen: I'm using"crystal_keep = 1"

Save: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=818070582850509467

Edit: I also tried with latest version after capturing this save. Same result.

Edit2: Seems that it's no longer possible to disable a tractor beam (as opposed to stock moo2). For instance when trying to capture antaran ships it would be prudent to disable it after a failed capture attempt as to not trigger the self destruct.
Your save causes crash on my installation too. To be investigated...
The Tractor change you describe is indeed a change in 1.50. Current ways to cease the Tractor is to find another target or move out of range.
I personally don't use this patch, it for some reason prevents my pickhack program from canging the costs of the traits when customizing my race, the edited file that has the info is ignored, which is a pity, it adds some cool features, but if i can't play how i like, i won't use it.
Your pickhack program is obsolete with this patch.

READ: http://moo2mod.com/patch/MANUAL_150.PDF
Page 90: "Custom Race Options"
stefaen: I'm using"crystal_keep = 1"
Fixed, thanks for the report.
JamieK.413: I personally don't use this patch, it for some reason prevents my pickhack program from canging the costs of the traits when customizing my race, the edited file that has the info is ignored, which is a pity, it adds some cool features, but if i can't play how i like, i won't use it.
It gets ignored, because pick costs have been moved to configuration. For quick substitute do Edit->USER.CFG in launcher and correct picks however you like, e.g.:

number_of_race_picks maximum_positive_picks = 15; # more picks
number_of_race_picks evolutionary_mutation_bonus = 5; # better mutation
race_pick growth1_cost = -6 -25; # negative grow pick gives -25% and costs -6 picks
race_pick industry3_cost = 8 2; # prod +2 costs 8
race_pick democracy = 5; # cheaper democracy
race_pick subterranean = 7; # costlier subt

save the file, and run the game. This will override all mod settings. Note that unlike pickhack pick values can be also changed, as well as various pick-related bonuses like feudal discount and trans-d speed boost.
Post edited May 02, 2018 by Alex.150
Bug report:
Version 1.50.11 and 1.50 Improved

When playing as a lithovore race and after having researched evolutionary mutation, the picks screen allows you to select cybernetic, which automatically deselects lithovore. Cybernetic can then be de-selected (giving you 14 picks, though you can still only spend 4), but lithovore cannot be re-selected (because it costs more than 4). After getting into this situation, the race does actually lose the lithovore trait after a turn.