It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Release 1.50.10 is out:

- bugfixes,
- updated mods,
- improved launcher,
- experimental Mac OS support.
Alex.150: This bug has been fixed in 1.50.10, the game can be continued from your save. Thanks for the report.
Thank you so much for fixing the bug!!! May I ask what was the cause for the freezing? Was it the Fungi problem?
Post edited February 10, 2018 by Sir.Edward
Sir.Edward: May I ask what was the cause for the freezing?
The changelog entry is "Fixed the game freezing when an AI without Fungi tech gets stuck optimizing pop for food on a liberated and blockaded non-food planet in case previous owner has Fungi". Rebellion on Ursa 3 caused it.
Sir.Edward: Is there any chance to finish the match?
Alex.150: This bug has been fixed in 1.50.10, the game can be continued from your save. Thanks for the report.
Note that you'll be continuing your game under ICE 17 rules which differ from 16 rules (nothing that prevents finishing the game). You might wanna check the ice readme before playing.
README_ICE.TXT
1.50.10.1 has just been released to fix a few issues with version 1.50.10.
The changelog got the details
Post edited February 19, 2018 by Rocco.40
Hello,

First of all, many many thanks for the mod, this is amazing

Quick question, in the latest 1.50.10.1, it is possible to make a mod to enable/disable certain technologies?

I'm reading the example.cfg file and managing to get a few modifications to the 1.50 improved, but I'm stuck so far on disabling techs or buildings

Thanks!
fernandodx: Hello,

First of all, many many thanks for the mod, this is amazing

Quick question, in the latest 1.50.10.1, it is possible to make a mod to enable/disable certain technologies?

I'm reading the example.cfg file and managing to get a few modifications to the 1.50 improved, but I'm stuck so far on disabling techs or buildings

Thanks!
Great that you're liking it!
To disable a technology:
open file extract.cfg, and find the tech table.
in that table you'll find the disabled phase shifter tech:
tech phase_shifter = 125 -1 38 0;
2nd value after = sign is -1, meaning the tech is disabled. (that column links each tech to a tech field)
Now copy the techs that you want to disable into your mod config and put them to -1, and presto!

Note that the pdf manual also has a few tips on techtree modding, look for "Notes on modding technology positions".
Post edited February 21, 2018 by Rocco.40
It worked! thank you very much!
Not sure if you'd call it a bug or a feature, but telepathic races cannot possess captive colonists (except maybe in the case of a surrender). Telepathic races normally use mind control instead of ground combat, which instantly assimilates the population of a captured colony. The exception is for other telepathic races and colonies protected by telepathic leaders, which must be invaded (or destroyed). However, telepathic races still instantly assimilate colonies they invade, regardless of whether or not the target race is telepathic. Because it is impossible for telepathic races to capture colonists, they cannot commit genocide/exterminate prisoners. Incidentally, for races that are both telepathic and have a unification government (like my boilerplate race), this makes the alien management center a completely useless tech (that can still be researched) because all of its effects are nullified by other factors.
Post edited March 05, 2018 by srhill
srhill: Not sure if you'd call it a bug or a feature, but telepathic races cannot possess captive colonists (except maybe in the case of a surrender). Telepathic races normally use mind control instead of ground combat, which instantly assimilates the population of a captured colony. The exception is for other telepathic races and colonies protected by telepathic leaders, which must be invaded (or destroyed). However, telepathic races still instantly assimilate colonies they invade, regardless of whether or not the target race is telepathic. Because it is impossible for telepathic races to capture colonists, they cannot commit genocide/exterminate prisoners. Incidentally, for races that are both telepathic and have a unification government (like my boilerplate race), this makes the alien management center a completely useless tech (that can still be researched) because all of its effects are nullified by other factors.
Let's call all this a feature. :)
Agreed tho that it's a weird storyline that a Telepathic race cannot be mindcontrolled but when it gets invaded by troops of a Telepathic enemy instantly assimilates anyway.
Rocco.40: Agreed tho that it's a weird storyline that a Telepathic race cannot be mindcontrolled but when it gets invaded by troops of a Telepathic enemy instantly assimilates anyway.
Not a problem - they can't be mindcontrolled from space, but they can still be put through the Mindblock Squelch-o-Matic Booth at gunpoint.
I haven't tested this thoroughly, but it appears as if you can't salvage a more advanced drive tech by scrapping a ship. Not sure if drives are race-specific or ship-specific (since all your drives are upgraded whenever you get a new one).
srhill: I haven't tested this thoroughly, but it appears as if you can't salvage a more advanced drive tech by scrapping a ship. Not sure if drives are race-specific or ship-specific (since all your drives are upgraded whenever you get a new one).
that's correct and same goes for fuel cells.
note that in 1.50 the possibility to acquire a shield tech from a scrapped ship was added.
Sorry for offtopic (and my bad english too), but it this is one of the few places, where discussion about moo2 still alive.

When i played in multiplayer game, i saw that tactical combat start like standalone app in separate dosbox window. It possible (!and how difficult!) to parse data about combat (info about ships, planet, etc) and substitute combat app with my app (where i can improve AI or make new graphics effects, for exapmle)?

And, of course, when my app will be closed, give data about combat to main game. Has anyone ever done this before? I try search some information about it, but fails.
YetAnotherSpaceFox: When i played in multiplayer game, i saw that tactical combat start like standalone app in separate dosbox window.
I am not sure I understand. You mean you have several dosbox (non-console) windows? I think it's impossible, provide screenshot if you're sure.

YetAnotherSpaceFox: It possible (!and how difficult!) to parse data about combat (info about ships, planet, etc) and substitute combat app with my app (where i can improve AI or make new graphics effects, for example)?
It's possible to extend patch's Lua API to allow control in combat. Then anyone can write improved AI for original moo2.

Alternatively AI can be coded in C inside patch. Same with new graphic effect, but coding graphic effects in C without comprehensive graphic library is no picnic.

Regarding external app, I think it's possible, but hard. Full rewrite of battle module as separate app is comparable effort with better results imo.