It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

srhill: Well, how about that, a bug.
Confirmed, player cant get a system special while arriving via wormhole event. Well, how do you manage to find such well hidden ones? Deep respect, man, really, and huge thanks.

How to Update to 1.50
(...)
1. Unzip package anywhere. On Windows run "MOO2 Launcher.exe". On Linux open
a terminal, cd to unzipped directory, and run ./moo2-launcher.
(...)
On subsequent runs the Launcher won't prompt installation, and will allow to start the
game right away. Use desktop shortcut created during installation to start it.(...)
That's wrong, it is not 'anywhere': We must 1st put the unziped package on a good and reachable area, for "MOO2 1.50.9.Ink" is called by the launcher once the mod is installed. It should be warned.
Post edited January 07, 2018 by ERISS

How to Update to 1.50
(...)
1. Unzip package anywhere. On Windows run "MOO2 Launcher.exe". On Linux open
a terminal, cd to unzipped directory, and run ./moo2-launcher.
(...)
On subsequent runs the Launcher won't prompt installation, and will allow to start the
game right away. Use desktop shortcut created during installation to start it.(...)
ERISS: That's wrong, it is not 'anywhere': We must 1st put the unziped package on a good and reachable area, for "MOO2 1.50.9.Ink" is called by the launcher once the mod is installed. It should be warned.
Can you suggest an edit? "Good and reachable" sounds unclear imo.
Post edited January 08, 2018 by Alex.150
Alex.150: Can you suggest an edit? "Good and reachable" sounds unclear imo.
Yeah I don't write english very well. I think there should be a warning that what is downloaded is not only an installer, it's the very mod too, the folder is needed to launch the moded game. So, the best is to put the mod folder in the Master of Orion 2 folder of the game, and then launch the mod exe.
I had installed the mod from my data harddrive, but if I remove it from my pc then, I can no longer play. I had to reinstall the mod from into my pc, not from an external drive.
ERISS: I had installed the mod from my data harddrive, but if I remove it from my pc then, I can no longer play. I had to reinstall the mod from into my pc, not from an external drive.
Actually will update launcher so it copies its files too. That way readme won't need to change. Thanks for the heads up.
I wonder about how to use the mod with Galaxy, if it will be able to have synchronized saves.
Maybe by using the recent command line in Galaxy, in Parameters tab.
Just wondering, that's not a so problem.
But I think it won't be easily possible, with the excellent mod launcher.
Post edited January 08, 2018 by ERISS
The "supernova" random event may need some tweaking. I can't remember the last time I saw it end in an actual nova; whenever an AI empire is affected by it, they always seem to develop a solution within a few turns.
srhill: The "supernova" random event can't end in an actual nova; AI empire always develop a solution within a few turns.
I think it doesn't have to be stronger: I'm not happy when it strikes me, it may even destroy my game when it strikes early.
The GNN text for a successful space crystal attack reads something like "A space crystal has killed millions of [race name] colonists in an attack in [colony name]. The buildings have been left intact as lifeless monuments to the dead." This would read better as "on [colony name]."
srhill: The GNN text for a successful space crystal attack reads something like "[...] an attack in [colony name]. The buildings have been left intact as lifeless monuments to the dead." This would read better as "on [colony name]."
> updated.
Game crashed while exiting Construction Orders Screen back to The Colony Screen. Video became somewhat scrambled then crashed with the following message:

An unexpected error occured, MoO2 version 1.50.9 will now terminate.
MoO2 internal error:
AIL error

If you think this is a bug consider reporting it to the patch authors,
see README_150.TXT for the appropriate links.
thisguyyouknow: Game crashed ... AIL error
Is it reproducible? If yes, then do provide a save.
Bug: I'm playing an ICE-X 16 match against computer opponents. Unfortunately the game freezes after pressing the turn button in turn 238. It's reproducible and I have attached the save game. Is there any chance to finish the match? I have already tried the change the build queue of all planets and the destination of all ships without any success.

wikisend.com/download/901552/SAVE5.GAM
Post edited February 07, 2018 by Sir.Edward
Sir.Edward: Bug: I'm playing an ICE-X 16 match against computer opponents. Unfortunately the game freezes after pressing the turn button in turn 238. It's reproducible and I have attached the save game. Is there any chance to finish the match? I have already tried the change the build queue of all planets and the destination of all ships without any success.

wikisend.com/download/901552/SAVE5.GAM
thanks for the report and save.
the save froze my game too, i guess thats the good news for now.
tbc!
Sir.Edward: Is there any chance to finish the match?
This bug has been fixed in 1.50.10, the game can be continued from your save. Thanks for the report.