It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Oh my goodness!
EDIT: moved poll to separate thread.
Post edited November 01, 2017 by Alex.150
Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions!

Alex.150: No, just when tactical is off. AI battles by tactical rules if tactical is on.
So, there is actually a simulation of the AI battles? If I could be more impressed by MoO2 I would be now.^^

Alex.150: There is no way currently. It's possible to add some new per hull modifier, but that'll make formulas even more obscure and I doubt it'll improve the game.

You can tune hull hp/space to make it more attractive, ICE does it.
Well, I still would like to see the smaller ships to be harder to hit, since they present smaller targets. But that is just my opinion. Another approach would be to make the larger ships slower, especially the Doom Star. I will try a game with these stats:

drive nuclear_drive = 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 11 8 6 5 4 2 15 13 11 10 9 7 2;
drive fusion_drive = 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 13 10 8 7 6 4 17 15 13 12 11 9 3;
drive ion_drive = 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 15 12 10 9 8 6 19 17 15 14 13 10 4;
drive anti_matter_drive = 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 17 14 12 11 8 9 21 19 17 16 15 12 5;
drive hyper_drive = 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 19 16 14 13 12 9 23 21 19 18 17 14 6;
drive interphased_drive = 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 21 18 16 15 14 11 25 23 21 20 19 15 7;

Another thing - is there currently a way to turn off the auto hit for weapons like the Mauler or the Stellar Converter?

And, are random events scalable for starting Tech Level? It seems that currently only Antaran attacks are scaled for pre-warp.
Post edited November 01, 2017 by Sdfghj
Sdfghj: Another thing - is there currently a way to turn off the auto hit for weapons like the Mauler or the Stellar Converter?

And, are random events scalable for starting Tech Level? It seems that currently only Antaran attacks are scaled for pre-warp.
you can tweak the weapons behaviour in the weapons table.
there you can turn of Always Hit for Mauler, but not for Stellar since its not a actual beam weapon but a special weapon.
check the manual_150.xls file, tab 'Weapons' (open via Launcher Help or go to /docs manually).

random events are indeed not scaled for starting tech level, so in pre-warp or average they always have the same 50 turns delay. you can edit the delay(s) with config
Post edited November 01, 2017 by Rocco.40
Six turns later

What is happening

SAVE4.GAM
Attachments:
srhill: Six turns later

What is happening

SAVE4.GAM
Not sure if it is the patch....

I do remember in one of my many games (vanilla) that I had similar (okay not so many though).
Don't forget MoO2 is using random rolls for those events.

Funny enough in the game directly afterwards, I got the Antares screen, already shitting my trousers and only getting a measly kind of scout :D.
And it continued like that.

But see it this way, if you manage to capture those you will get a nice fleet :D ;)

What is happening

SAVE4.GAM
Wow, Antarans are on a roll, rampaging the galaxy with 6 titans over and over!!
Seriously, this should only happen when Antaran setting in Launcher is on 'Brutal' or 'Insane'.
But I have seen it with your saves on vanilla too.
We'll look into it..
In the mean time, try and launch some assault shutlles and go capture them :)
Post edited November 02, 2017 by Rocco.40

What is happening
In your save antarans have accumulated 100 offensive titans in their stock. They attack more frequently since they are always stocked, although they are limited by 6 ships per raid. I can see how it works in your save but can't produce such save myself.

I also don't see an explanation for this (except for memory corruption which is a generic one). A few questions just to be sure about details:

1. Did it happened suddenly? Like till some turn you saw little antarans and the next moment they attacked with 6 titans and keep attacking frequently?

2. You didn't hex edit the file or used save editor?

3. Do you happen to have a save of this game before the bug appeared? EDIT: i see now that your prev save is from the same game, will try it.
Post edited November 03, 2017 by Alex.150

What is happening
Alex.150: In your save antarans have accumulated 100 offensive titans in their stock. They attack more frequently since they are always stocked, although they are limited by 6 ships per raid. I can see how it works in your save but can't produce such save myself.

I also don't see an explanation for this (except for memory corruption which is a generic one). A few questions just to be sure about details:

1. Did it happened suddenly? Like till some turn you saw little antarans and the next moment they attacked with 6 titans and keep attacking frequently?

2. You didn't hex edit the file or used save editor?

3. Do you happen to have a save of this game before the bug appeared?
1. Completely normal Antaran behavior up until the first group of titans jumped in. Nothing unusual.

2. No save editing of any kind, ruleset is 1.50.9 standard. The only significant change on my end is a single line in Orion2.cfg (or whatever it's called now) changing wormhole color to 70 so they're easier to see.

3. This save is from the same game, but I don't know how long it takes before the Antarans start jumping in (I don't have access to the game right now); the next post marks their first wave of titans.
283 is about 20 turns before the first Antaran mega-attack.

Did a little testing and decided not to attack Tammech while picking random techs to research and neglecting to build anything new, just for the sake of letting some time pass. Antaran attack takes place on 3543.0. Three cruisers.

Reload. Attacked Tammech as described in 283. Made a few more strategic choices (actually building new structures, picking out tech I want). Antaran attack on 3540.4. Six titans.
srhill: 283 is about 20 turns before the first Antaran mega-attack.

Did a little testing and decided not to attack Tammech while picking random techs to research and neglecting to build anything new, just for the sake of letting some time pass. Antaran attack takes place on 3543.0. Three cruisers.

Reload. Attacked Tammech as described in 283. Made a few more strategic choices (actually building new structures, picking out tech I want). Antaran attack on 3540.4. Six titans.
Which techs did you pick up?

Just a gut feeling, but I always had the impression that certain techs did increase the Antaran threat. Working out of memory, but did the manual not say something about them only being concerned about tech?

Also some of the in-game cut-scenes?
It would appear that the tables have turned.
Which techs did you pick up?

Just a gut feeling, but I always had the impression that certain techs did increase the Antaran threat. Working out of memory, but did the manual not say something about them only being concerned about tech?

Also some of the in-game cut-scenes?
I don't know how much of a difference it would make, but from the attack on Tammech to the first Antaran attack:

- Tractor Beam (stolen)
- Tachyon Scanner (stolen)
- Galactic Unification; selected Core Waste Dumps
- Core Waste Dumps; selected Disrupter Cannon
- Graviton Beam (stolen)
- Disrupter Cannon; selected Planetary Flux Shield
- Tritanium Armor (stolen)
Attachments:
Post edited November 04, 2017 by srhill
srhill: It would appear that the tables have turned.
very nice fleet indeed!
yet another question; are you playing on linux or windows system?
srhill: It would appear that the tables have turned.
Rocco.40: very nice fleet indeed!
yet another question; are you playing on linux or windows system?
Windows 10
srhill: Reload. Attacked Tammech as described in 283. ... Six titans.
Fixed. The problem was indeed in 'empty fleet' bombardment. Thanks for the amazing report, this bug is hard to catch.