It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Goodaltgamer: Who was watching something while typing ;)
Guilty, zombies, sorry :)

What srhill says about subt+android can happen in theory, exactly because androids don't reproduce. It can happen when tolerant habitability is greater than subt habitability (as far as I know it's not the case in classic mod, but can happen in ICE mod on tinies). So imagine tiny radiated 1 pop, say subt max is 3 pop, tol (android) max is 4 pop. And 3 pop is already reached. Then the game will mark all races with max pop 3 or less as exempt from growth, leaving only droids, which don't grow, so no growth at all, while planet is still 3/4.

Shouldn't happen in classic tho, if it did please provide the save.
Post edited September 30, 2017 by Alex.150
Goodaltgamer: Who was watching something while typing ;)
Alex.150: Guilty, zombies, sorry :)
No prob ;)

Not happening in classic, are you sure?

One reason why on let;s call it original MoO2 I never build Androids was because of this. Wasted space. UNfortunate no save from those games anymore as I gave up on Androids after this :D

Actually a side question: I was never able to get rid of Androids or is there any way to how to say it friendly ;) recycle them back into the economy? (another reason for me why I never used them anymore)

Mainly talking about the old CD-Version 1.2 and 1.3 (first in English, second in German). Haven't tried with the new(er) version of GOG or the unofficial patch though (old habits die hard :D )
Goodaltgamer: Not happening in classic, are you sure?
I am sure, that android + subt couldn't cause that. Android + non-subt non-tol race could cause that easily. EDIT: i speak of 1.31, 1.40 or 1.50, should be the same in 1.2, but don't know for sure.

Goodaltgamer: Actually a side question: I was never able to get rid of Androids or is there any way to how to say it friendly ;) recycle them back into the economy?
Not that i know of. They can be moved to fully populated planet, where they will die on arrival (best used on gaia). But that's a waste, not recycling.
Post edited October 01, 2017 by Alex.150
Alex.150: I am sure, that android + subt couldn't cause that. Android + non-subt non-tol race could cause that easily.

Not that i know of. They can be moved to fully populated planet, where they will die on arrival (best used on gaia). But that's a waste, not recycling.
hmmm....I always liked to play as subt....I try to find my old 1.2 Version, maybe it had to do with another attribute (the English version gave you one more race pick, hence why I liked to play this version most of the time :D )
Was it maybe tolerant? Hard to say and no more saves from this time anymore :D

Sorry Alex, my recycling was meant ironical, sorry if it was getting lost ;)
I think I tried what you suggested, but never worked, might give it a new try. I only remember being stuck with them forever.....
Colony Berel II is a terran world that contains a mixed population of androids and Meklar. Current population is 21, but planetary max is 22, with no growth being shown.

SAVE1.GAM
srhill: .
"Shouldnt be a case with subterranean tho, if it happens - a save would be really useful as usual. "
Anyway it actually happens now with subt too, and it could prevent a proper grow in case of mixed population (note, what you should still get some grow in this case). With androids it will still be able even after a fix to get a colony with pop less max, but without growth, as androids do not grow on their own.
If you repeat build androids on a planet that has no more room, then cancel when notified that you have no more room, the androids will disappear from the build queue, but "Repeat" will remain, all by itself.

Antares does not appear on the mini-map in battle.
srhill: If you repeat build androids on a planet that has no more room, then cancel when notified that you have no more room, the androids will disappear from the build queue, but "Repeat" will remain, all by itself.

Antares does not appear on the mini-map in battle.
Thanks, androids + repeat fix will be included into next release.

Antares problem is known, but no fix yet.
I'm using regular CD install version (no GOG, no Steam) where files get installed in game root folder and some remain on CD. The ones from CD I've placed in .\CD sub-folder and mounted that as cd-rom (so I could ditch the CD). Then installed everything up to 1.40b24 and everything works. So far so good.

But I can't get 1.50.9 to work because I think it expects all game files to be placed in root folder (I get those standard missing *.lxb messages). I purposely avoid that primarily because I dislike root file clutter (not that vanilla isn't messy already, but what can I do). Another reason I do it like that is to keep in with authentic install style. That makes me happy and I can't do nothing about it.

Tired both automatic install with launcher, and manual using every trick I could think of in both occasions but I couldn't get 1.50 to see the missing files inside .\CD. Is there anything I can do presently (without dumping it all to root)?

If not, would it be too much to ask to you guys get ORION150.EXE to scan sub-folders for *.lbx in a future update?
Nilex: .
Read Me

Installation FAQ:

Q: Game doesn't start, complaining about the absence of info.lbx, credits.lbx
and diplomse.lbx.
A: This happens when the game is installed from original CD. To fix it: copy
all files from CD to e.g. C:\GAMES\MOO2, remove read-only attribute from
all files, install patch 1.31, install patch 1.50 via Launcher. THE ORDER
OF ACTIONS IS IMPORTANT, install 1.31 AFTER you copied the files. Don't
put the game to Program Files, or you'll need to run Launcher as
administrator every time.
@DarzaR
This isn't relevant to my question. In fact it's implied I've read it already.
Nilex: @DarzaR
This isn't relevant to my question. In fact it's implied I've read it already.
This is essentially relevant to your question. Its a solution for your problem, and its already in readme in package. Or you supposed we decided to hide from users a possible other way to do it , not published it, and waited for a question of "how to do it other way" to arise? Or you meant we should do some totally useless work of making it read some weird locations because you because you dislike root file clutter and what can you do (spend about 2 minutes copying files). What next, "can you make it work using only original game files, coz i'm not so fond bout downloading something and even less bout putting it into original game folder, it will make it different from creators intents, not mention to run it"?
@DarzaR
I assume you are part of the dev team then. I guess you answered my question without answering it.

Pro tip for others in the team: put a leash on this guy, think he missed his pills today. Take it ez bro :)
Note that the solution has nothing to do with putting files in the root folder, nor does it cause the game to recognize your virtual CD-ROM. Copy the game files to the game folder, then patch and update.

We all hate root clutter, that's not relevant, since nothing is going there. Expecting a game to patch up without first copying game files to a specific directory - the game directory - is not reasonable. Virtual CD or original CD, most patchers are not going to grab the files from there and move them for you - that's your job, and by what you wrote, you have not done this yet.

Good luck! The patch is well worth trying.
This patch sure fixes a lot of problems and I like the ICE mod very much! However, playing 1.50.9 I could help but notice a few introduced bugs. Sadly, there seems to be no associated forum or e-mail to report these bugs that I am aware of. Anybody knows how to report problems to the devs?