It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

srhill: Woo-hoo, double armor!
And its correct behavior.
srhill: Woo-hoo, double armor!
not very useful, but correct behavior indeed, death ray plus up to 3 xenon techs plus up to 2 normal techs
The presence of a cloning center is not reflected in population growth rates on the Colonies screen. It might be worth checking to see if that's just a quirk of the interface or if the building works at all.
srhill: The presence of a cloning center is not reflected in population growth rates on the Colonies screen. It might be worth checking to see if that's just a quirk of the interface or if the building works at all.
Unable to reproduce, some save would be good.
The colony of Komoku has a cloning center, but the population growth rate is only 43k per turn.

SAVE1.GAM
Post edited September 04, 2017 by srhill
srhill: The colony of Komoku has a cloning center, but the population growth rate is only 43k per turn.

SAVE1.GAM
And its correct behavior.
DarzaR: And its correct behavior.
So is the figure being quoted incorrect, or is the cloning center not cloning?
DarzaR: And its correct behavior.
srhill: So is the figure being quoted incorrect, or is the cloning center not cloning?
Correct and cloning. Center's bonus is shared between races on a planet, otherwise it would be doing +200 bonus if player is able to add colonist of some other race to planet. While its not any big deal on its own, Simtex decided to prevent it. So natives dont use up their share of cloner, and still grow to +0, other race get bonus of own share, as it always was.
DarzaR: Correct and cloning. Center's bonus is shared between races on a planet, otherwise it would be doing +200 bonus if player is able to add colonist of some other race to planet. While its not any big deal on its own, Simtex decided to prevent it. So natives dont use up their share of cloner, and still grow to +0, other race get bonus of own share, as it always was.
Is the presence of natives mangling the bonus? Testing indicates that a cloning center gives a flat +100k/turn to the existing growth rate (even for a race with population growth penalties), so on a two-race planet with an even split, you'd still be looking at a minimum +50k bonus in addition to whatever the normal growth rate for that world would be. Theoretically, you shouldn't have any number lower than 50k/turn (unless you had a world with several different races on it, and even then, they'd all still be contributing something to growth).
Post edited September 06, 2017 by srhill
srhill: so on a two-race planet with an even split, you'd still be looking at a minimum +50k bonus in addition to whatever the normal growth rate for that world would be.
Look at your save now. Sell cloners, and see a +25 decrease in growth, as only 1/4 of colonists actually use it for some result. Natives cant grow, but still use a cloners share. Its not something particularly about natives, non-subt pop will slow down cloners the same way on a planet where only subt race can grow still etc.
Found an inconsistency. Uncolonized planets with artifacts are not listed as such on the Planets screen unless monsters are present. May also affect other bonuses.
srhill: Found an inconsistency. Uncolonized planets with artifacts are not listed as such on the Planets screen unless monsters are present. May also affect other bonuses.
Well spotted! DarzaR has this little one squashed for the next release.
1.50.9 just arrived!
also contains updated launcher v1.2 and ICE 16.
I am starting a game. I am patched up to 1.50.9. I'm not sure of the options so I am choosing 1.5 improved. I did notice one issue when I exit the game. I am playing in full screen. When I exit the game the desktop is all messed up. There is a black bar on the top and bottom of the screen. It makes it very difficult to do anything else. I have to reboot the computer with the power button. Do I need to change a setting?
Post edited September 25, 2017 by abbayarra
First game on 1.50.9. Not sure if it's a bug or a feature. :)

Attacked Antares and won. By bizarre coincidence, the attack took place on the same date as a Galactic Council vote. After the battle, the game didn't end immediately, but instead went to the vote, which I also won. So my end-of-game score reflects both destroying Antares and winning the election. (The multiplier comes from unused Evolutionary Mutation points.)
abbayarra: I am starting a game. I am patched up to 1.50.9. I'm not sure of the options so I am choosing 1.5 improved. I did notice one issue when I exit the game. I am playing in full screen. When I exit the game the desktop is all messed up. There is a black bar on the top and bottom of the screen. It makes it very difficult to do anything else. I have to reboot the computer with the power button. Do I need to change a setting?
You could check your system for updated graphics drivers and see if that resolves anything, but odds are that you'll need to avoid the situation entirely by playing in windowed mode (i.e., at a lower resolution). The higher resolutions are larger than what my monitor will support, always cutting off parts of the screen, so I'm stuck in 640x480.
Attachments:
hiscore.png (203 Kb)
Post edited September 25, 2017 by srhill