It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Not a bug so much as an exploit, I guess, but if you create a custom race in vanilla MOO2, switch to ICE, and then use the "last race" option, you can play as a custom race that violates the new racial trait pick limits.
j7r7r7: Wow, an actual crash!

Attached is the Orion2.Log and save10.gam as zip renamed to jpg,

I was in colony view for one of the southwest stars, herculis I think (Antarans incoming in a few turns). I had just I had just mousedover a bunch of buildings looking for a hydrofarm (there wasn't one).. Then I started tapping random f-keys because I forgot which one is to switch to the next colony.
This crash was caused coz sometimes tapping random F keys causes the game to play some random sound. In case a sound file that it tries to access does not exist, the game crashes. It will be fixed in the next release.
j7r7r7: Was able to reproduce the "Select a blank entry" bug.

In Trilar IV, I had been building Housing. I added marine barracks before housing. Eventually the turn report screen told me that the marine barracks had finished and next in queue was housing. I clicked on the message to go into the Trilar IV screen, the only thing in the list was Housing but I could select the blank area below Housing and switch it above housing.

When I click on it, it does not turn red to enable "delete". but I can switch it.

Savefile attached.
So far, we haven't been able to reproduce this with your save. Could still be an issue tho. Lemme know when it happens again.
srhill: Not a bug so much as an exploit, I guess, but if you create a custom race in vanilla MOO2, switch to ICE, and then use the "last race" option, you can play as a custom race that violates the new racial trait pick limits.
This should no longer be possible in v1.50.7 that we just launched.

The new patch contains more exciting stuff, like:
- Beam weapon mods on star bases!
- Telepathic leaders Mind Control blocking finally works!
- When you defeat the Guardian, the techs that are given by Loknar are listed too now!
- When you press '1' in the main screen, you get a popup with the techs that your enemies have, that you do not have!
And much more stuff and bugfixes!
This should no longer be possible in v1.50.7 that we just launched.
Sorry to spring another one on you guys right after a release, but I just found this one. Dunno if it's addressed in the new patch or not. This one takes a few steps:

- A fleet of battleships is en route to reinforce an existing fleet in Lar.
- On the next turn, attack the Sakkra colony at Lar, and allow the battle to play out. When it ends, you should have some surviving battleships and a captured Sakkra ship.
- On the same turn, scrap the Sakkra ship. When you do, Graviton Beam will appear twice in the list of acquired techs. (image attached)

SAVE1.GAM
Attachments:
graviton.png (96 Kb)
srhill: - On the same turn, scrap the Sakkra ship. When you do, Graviton Beam will appear twice in the list of acquired techs. (image attached)
SAVE1.GAM
No, why, very good find. Its about tech being aquired from HV and Reg slot here, will be fixed.
In the ship design screen, both anti-matter torpedoes and proton torpedoes can be modified to be eccm, enveloping, and overloaded.

For no readily apparent reason, "overloaded" appears on the left side of the mod menu for one type of torpedo, and on the right for the other.
Just completed my first full playthrough of ICE.

Good job, guys. :) Fast-paced, lots of fun, and a neat surprise at the end.

However, it's possible to build a Dimensional Portal in a multi-planet system that already has one.

Also, there are some possibly busted loadouts at Antares; one of the raiders is named "Jaider," the other one is just "aider," and neither one of them has any weapons.
Post edited February 22, 2017 by srhill
Thanks for the report.

srhill: However, it's possible to build a Dimensional Portal in a multi-planet system that already has one.
This is possible in classic too. We have it on our list, might fix it some day.

srhill: Also, there are some possibly busted loadouts at Antares; one of the raiders is named "Jaider," the other one is just "aider," and neither one of them has any weapons.
Jaiders & aiders are fixed, but turns out the bug's only effect is broken first letter for defensive Antaran raiders, otherwise it's harmless. So it won't be getting a fixup release.

About no weapons, this is intentional. Raiders are given wide area jammer and phasing cloak, and since AI has no reason to decloak them (no weapons), they provide jammer bonus from safety. They decloak automatically in few turns so that you can finish the battle.
In Vanilla+, when planets are selected for outposts/colonization from the "Planets" screen, the prompt to build on those preselected planets does not appear. The ships will travel to the system in question, but the planets to be settled must be manually selected. Intentional?
Post edited February 24, 2017 by srhill
srhill: The ships will travel to the system in question, but the planets to be settled must be manually selected. Intentional?
No, a bug, a side-effect of improved navigator functionality. Will fix.

UPDATE: fixed, will be included in next release.
Post edited February 24, 2017 by alex.123
Here's a curious one.

There are a couple of Antaran Interdictors one turn out from Orion. (You may have to zoom in to see them, but they're there.) Orion also happens to be locked down by a space-time anomaly. On the next turn, the anomaly ends and Orion returns to normal. The Antaran ships also vanish completely, and the attack never takes place.

SAVE1.GAM
I'm occasionally running into an issue where the text shown after a raid is displayed twice, which can result in so much that it overflows the message box. It's been popping up regularly during battles with Antarans, especially against orbital bases, but I'm having trouble reproducing it, as replaying the last turn causes the text to display properly. I'll try to grab a screenshot if it happens again.

EDIT: Here we are.
Attachments:
Post edited February 26, 2017 by srhill
You can defeat pirate fleets attacking freighters by building transports in the affected system. This probably makes sense as far as how the game calculates fleet strengths, but given that transports are unarmed, it is still silly.

I'd like to request a change: would it be possible to automatically grant certain techs if you already possess a superior version of the same tech? I've run into several situations where I acquire a high-grade type of armor, rifle, or engine, and then have to research their predecessors to advance up the tech tree (or will have my spies steal it from someone, even though I don't need it). This a waste of both RP and time, especially when you consider that you can never actually use these inferior techs, since--unlike shields and computers--engines, rifles, and armors don't cost money or take up space, and you can't select which one to use, always equipping the best by default.
Post edited February 27, 2017 by srhill
srhill: ...a raid is displayed twice...
Thanks for the report. A bug, should be fixed. From what i understand if you use Z in combat with raids, then in later combat first raid will have all super-fast raids prepended. If you don't use Z, then please do mention it, because it will mean the fix is incomplete.

Since next full release is far far away, we'll issue a fixup release somewhere soon, with this and previous bugs you found fixed.

srhill: I'd like to request a change: would it be possible to automatically grant certain techs if you already possess a superior version of the same tech? I've run into several situations where I acquire a high-grade type of armor, rifle, or engine, and then have to research their predecessors to advance up the tech tree (or will have my spies steal it from someone, even though I don't need it). This a waste of both RP and time, especially when you consider that you can never actually use these inferior techs, since--unlike shields and computers--engines, rifles, and armors don't cost money or take up space, and you can't select which one to use, always equipping the best by default.
With next iteration of scripting support this should be possible, so in upcoming full release. Can't tell when it will happen though.