It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Is there any documentation for how initiative mode works? It's not mentioned in either the supplied MOO2 manual, nor is it in the 1.50 notes.
j7r7r7: Is there any documentation for how initiative mode works? It's not mentioned in either the supplied MOO2 manual, nor is it in the 1.50 notes.
There is a paragraph 'Ship Initiative' in the chapter Gameplay Changes/Tactical Combat of the fan patch manual (pdf).
In addition there is the youtube vid about it that can be seen via following link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3exmO6VlCQ
Post edited January 09, 2017 by Rocco.40
I remember when I first tried ship initiative, that came with an update to the game, and was like wow, never going back to the original.
j7r7r7: Is there any documentation for how initiative mode works? It's not mentioned in either the supplied MOO2 manual, nor is it in the 1.50 notes.
Rocco.40: There is a paragraph 'Ship Initiative' in the chapter Gameplay Changes/Tactical Combat of the fan patch manual (pdf).
In addition there is the youtube vid about it that can be seen via following link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3exmO6VlCQ
Thanks for the YouTube video, that's exactly what Iwas looking for. How was I supposed to find it? It's not mentioned in either manual nor the moo2mod website, eh? Ship init is mentioned in that "GameplayChanges" section of manual_150.pdf, but it just talks about the changes to initiative combat, not how it works in practice.
j7r7r7: Thanks for the YouTube video, that's exactly what Iwas looking for. How was I supposed to find it?
You were supposed to find it exactly as you found it: Ask on appropriate forum > get a reply > found it.
Alternatively, searching with keywords "master of orion 2 ship initiative" could have led you to the answer.
Post edited January 11, 2017 by Rocco.40
"
Version 1.31 Changes
====================

New Features
------------
Tactical combat ship initiative is now an option on the Game/Settings
screen. When this option is enabled, ships in combat will move in
the order of their initiative rating. The initiative rating is equal
to the ship's total beam offense bonus divided by 10 plus the ship's
current combat speed [Offense/(10+speed)]. Thus, smaller ships should
move before bigger, slower ones.
"
Bah, in Master of Orion 2 readme from patch 1.31 (where it was introduced).
Post edited January 11, 2017 by DarzaR
Enveloping torpedoes (anti-matter, at least; I generally ignore plasma) don't appear to use the same shield animation that enveloping beam weapons do.

Also, is there a color table anywhere for possible wormhole colors? Manually cycling through all 256 is a pain.
srhill: Also, is there a color table anywhere for possible wormhole colors? Manually cycling through all 256 is a pain.
wormhole color chart:
Attachments:
Rocco.40: wormhole color chart:
Thanks much!
Same bug I encountered in post 148 met me in a new game, this time I have a save though. To repeat: Two empires vanquished in one turn and a GNN report only for one of them.

Just remove the .jpg part
Attachments:
save1gam.jpg (209 Kb)
Themken: Two empires vanquished in one turn and a GNN report only for one of them.
The game can manage only one instance of a certain event at a given time. Unilkely it will change any soon.
Themken: Two empires vanquished in one turn and a GNN report only for one of them.
DarzaR: The game can manage only one instance of a certain event at a given time. Unilkely it will change any soon.
Alright, thanks for telling me. :-)
I am using the unofficial patch and ice - does anybody know of a compatible save game editor?
Wow, an actual crash!

Attached is the Orion2.Log and save10.gam as zip renamed to jpg,

I was in colony view for one of the southwest stars, herculis I think (Antarans incoming in a few turns). I had just I had just mousedover a bunch of buildings looking for a hydrofarm (there wasn't one).. Then I started tapping random f-keys because I forgot which one is to switch to the next colony.
Attachments:
orionzip.jpg (12 Kb)
Was able to reproduce the "Select a blank entry" bug.

In Trilar IV, I had been building Housing. I added marine barracks before housing. Eventually the turn report screen told me that the marine barracks had finished and next in queue was housing. I clicked on the message to go into the Trilar IV screen, the only thing in the list was Housing but I could select the blank area below Housing and switch it above housing.

When I click on it, it does not turn red to enable "delete". but I can switch it.

Savefile attached.
Attachments: