It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

srhill: Mrrshan home system of Fieras (located top center) does not show up as a player-owned system in either the planet map or the fleet navigation screen (or, incidentally, the space dragon attack map).
Well spotted, hadn't noticed before. It was in fact a problem with all Brown star systems.

srhill: Also, I've noticed for a while that anti-pollution buildings (pollution processor, atmospheric renewer, core waste dumps) consistently get ignored when autobuilding at any given colony. This makes sense for tolerant races, like Silicoids, but can put a significant dent in the production of other races; rich and ultra-rich colonies can put out a lot of pollution, which requires more work to clean up.

Dimensional portal and artificial planet are also ignored by autobuilding, but that makes a little more sense, as there's no pressing need to build either of them.
iirc, autobuild will build a polution building when the actual pollution on the colony exceeds 10.
you are correct that the portal and artificial planet are never build by autobuild.
"105 percent of the comet threatening to strike the colony on Tripton II in five years has been destroyed by your military."

Good to know.

SAVE1.GAM

(Also, GNN will occasionally give updates on a comet due to hit a given colony in "0 years.")
srhill: .
Thanks again for very handy save and description, should be fixed next release.
Post edited January 06, 2017 by DarzaR
Been playing the new patch and ran into some bugs.

- Once in a while some stray orange dots show up in the UI, in areas that ought to be transparent. Usually around the outer edge of dialog boxes/popup windows. This went away after I quit and reloaded, maybe my video card is on the fritz.
- I had auto-delete trade goods set to on, and at a planet that was set to trade goods, refit a ship. The trade goods did not get auto-deleted (no prompt). Sorry, didn't keep the save.
- It's still possible to swap one of your build queue with nothing. Some sequence of swapping around, adding and deleting items, and buying rush production allowed me to select a blank row in the queue and swap with the first item. Didn't keep the save.
- Here is the savegame:
https: 1drv.ms /u/s!Av8fyfSdRLR0iFPyWgjA9uQtOnvm
This was my first time getting to endgame techs. Had no idea how much firepower was necessary to take down Antares, so sent 30 doomstars and 18 battleships, all max tech, plus Locnar in his ship and some other random Antaran ship I had captured. All my bships and dstars had stasis field. Antarans get first turn, start hammering on my bships. I think they pop one. They also deploy interceptors, which don't quite reach my fleet. I send Locnar over to pew pew the interceptors with his point defense beam. He gets all of them but one. Then I march my dstars and bships up to each antaran ship and stasis them all, except one which I accidentally destroyed by forgetting to turn off my missiles. (My plan was to take a few turns to get everybody into position, then unfreeze one and destroy it, so they never get a turn.) But when I end turn, the game hangs. My suspicion is that the interceptor was trying to return to its mothership, but one was destroyed and the rest were in statis, so it had nothing to do.
Post edited January 06, 2017 by j7r7r7
j7r7r7: .
Great thanks for info, some really deep stuff there from you.

1. - Impossible to tell without exact popup names and how to reproduce sadly.
2. - Unable to reproduce too. It happens all the time, or maybe some certain order of actions required for?
3. - Immense one, lead to fixing some of our own bugs and also of som original ones, unnoticed prior. THe only problem is what we cannot reproduce exact described action, ability to "select a blank row and swap it with the first item" . Is there some chance its not exactly worded, and only eventual result (getting a bough blank row) is described? Otherwise it would be massive if exact sequence requred can be provided.
4. - Reproduced a stall in a combat without initiative when all the ships of some side is in stasis. We're seeing non-initiative combat as a legacy (more like obsolete) feature, so less testing time there. If you getting it with initiative enabled - please tell.
I've still been playing this; it's really breathed a lot of life into the old game.

I've been playing around with the VDC patch these days, and I don't know if this only happens there, but I've seen a strange thing where I will ask to trade techs with aliens, and they will ask for techs that I never researched - and that are a few tiers above what I've researched or stolen - in exchange. Oddly, if I agree, the deal goes through as if I really had those techs! I'm not sure if there is a bug with tracking which techs I have, or if there is a message about me getting a tech through a random event that is somehow being suppressed. I'll send saves next time it happens.

Also, I have another request for a config option: could we have an option that makes it so that when a colony base is built, the free first population is based on the race of the colony that built the base, rather than the empire that controls that colony? When I play conquest-focused races, I like to use conquered peoples with +industry, +growth and such to do a lot of my warship building for me, and so they get shuttled to new territory while my original population gets shuttled back to less valuable worlds. It'd be convenient if I didn't have to do that - plus, it's a bit odd that my expansions by Klackon builders in what was once Klackon space refuse to populate with Klackons when given the chance. (Especially strange if things went bad for me in a war and I don't have any of my original population left anymore. Where are the new guys coming from?)
This here looks like a good idea: https://www.gog.com/forum/master_of_orion_series/if_you_could_change_moo2/post36
Stumbled across a crash, which I'm pleased to say is an increasingly rare occurrence.

A large fleet is en route to the Sakkra colony of Dhira. The resulting battle crashes during super-fast mode. (Haven't tried regular auto mode.)

SAVE1.GAM
srhill: Stumbled across a crash, which I'm pleased to say is an increasingly rare occurrence.

A large fleet is en route to the Sakkra colony of Dhira. The resulting battle crashes during super-fast mode. (Haven't tried regular auto mode.)

SAVE1.GAM
Unable to reproduce it. Any chance for some custom config options being set involved?
Post edited January 08, 2017 by DarzaR
DarzaR: Unable to reproduce it. Any chance for some custom config options being set involved?
It's happening reliably for me. I haven't changed anything in the config files, and the only in-game switches I have flipped are to turn fast animations on and missile warnings off.

I tried running it on auto, and it looks like the problem has something to do with the three captured Sakkra titans in the attacking fleet. On the first round of combat, one of these is hit by a stellar converter, but survives; on the second round, the same ship is hit by missiles and explodes, and that's when the game crashes. Scrapping the titans before entering combat avoids the crash, but doesn't address the root cause.
Thanks for confirmation, can you tell, when you press a turn there - you get a battlle on Dhira of Juga first?
(DarzaR, GOG isn't letting me see your latest post when I'm logged in; no clue why.)

If the titans are scrapped, Juga comes first. If the titans are not scrapped, Dhira comes first.

Different problem: a large fleet of Doom Stars is at Yuzh. Preparing to scrap them in preparation for a redesign, but the player is offered no credits when scrapping the fleet.

SAVE2.GAM
srhill:
Excellent, looks like we're located it, seems to be a rather huge bug, very weird what it wasnt noticed prior, huge thanks as usual.
(was unable to see own post for some time too, something with gog)

upd. The value of scrapping ships was too high and caused overflow, fixed too.
Post edited January 08, 2017 by DarzaR
I found a tiny grammar mistake. An Antaran fleet is inbound and clicking on it gives the fleet info window telling how many and what size ships the fleet consists of and also who the fleet belongs to. Problem is, it says Antarans when it should be Antaran (with no S). Quick check of the other fleets in the galaxy reveals all other spelt correctly with no s at the end.

The game is almost 1½ stars above version 1.31 with this patch :-) Anyone sticking to the Windows version sure is missing out.
Post edited January 09, 2017 by Themken
Themken: I found a tiny grammar mistake. An Antaran fleet is inbound and clicking on it gives the fleet info window telling how many and what size ships the fleet consists of and also who the fleet belongs to. Problem is, it says Antarans when it should be Antaran (with no S). Quick check of the other fleets in the galaxy reveals all other spelt correctly with no s at the end.
tiny mistake will be fixed next release ;)