It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Very good find as usual, man. Original unnoticed bug there, the same one in Hydra's message too, actually. Will be fixed in next release, thanks.
Post edited December 12, 2016 by DarzaR
When a space amoeba is destroyed by an AI empire, the GNN report reads, "The space amoeba was destroyed by the [race name] glorious military."

From a purely grammatical standpoint, this should read, "The space amoeba was destroyed by the glorious [race name] military."
srhill: When a space amoeba is destroyed by an AI empire, the GNN report reads, "The space amoeba was destroyed by the [race name] glorious military."

From a purely grammatical standpoint, this should read, "The space amoeba was destroyed by the glorious [race name] military."
Funny you should mention this now, as we have been working on that GNN news for upcoming 1.50.7
The insert there actually is ["the" + race name] or, in case it was yourself destroying the beast ["your"], which explains why they have chosen the strange order of words.

Suggestion for improvement welcome.

For example instead of:
"The alien Space Amoeba was destroyed by [ ] glorious military."

We could do:
"In a glorious battle, the alien Space Amoeba was destroyed by [ ] military."
Post edited December 20, 2016 by Rocco.40
Rocco.40: Suggestion for improvement welcome.

For example instead of:
"The alien Space Amoeba was destroyed by [ ] glorious military."

We could do:
"In a glorious battle, the alien Space Amoeba was destroyed by [ ] military."
+
A fleet is en route to Orion to confront the Guardian. When the fleet wins the battle, Death Ray is missing from the list of awarded techs (meaning only three techs are displayed), but Tech Review confirms the player receives it.

SAVE1.GAM
srhill: A fleet is en route to Orion to confront the Guardian. When the fleet wins the battle, Death Ray is missing from the list of awarded techs (meaning only three techs are displayed), but Tech Review confirms the player receives it.

SAVE1.GAM
Curious enough, its a rare case when its actualy Locnar himself give that death ray tech, and it slightly ruin the message. Locnar possess knowledge of 2 random techs, not listed in message when you get them. We will try to include them to be displayed too.
And another bug ... The last buildingplace for ships suddenly turned into "transport".

Totally vanilla, huge and long game, save is here.
hohiro: And another bug ... The last buildingplace for ships suddenly turned into "transport".

Totally vanilla, huge and long game, save is here.
Can you provide more detailed description please? Where essentially to look at in the save and for what?
DarzaR: Can you provide more detailed description please? Where essentially to look at in the save and for what?
When you try to build a ship, the last buildplace suddenly becomes a transport instead of the "Armageddon" there. Just go to a colony and build. After closing down he game and starting up again, now ther eis a "Doom Star" instead of the transport or Armageddon.
DarzaR: Can you provide more detailed description please? Where essentially to look at in the save and for what?
hohiro: When you try to build a ship, the last buildplace suddenly becomes a transport instead of the "Armageddon" there. Just go to a colony and build. After closing down he game and starting up again, now ther eis a "Doom Star" instead of the transport or Armageddon.
I did tried exactly that and cannot reproduce it. Is there a need to do a turn? Some certain colony to see it? Doom star design there likely because initially it was some old save maybe? Or it was opened in 1.4 at some point?
upd. Ok, i can reproduce it about doomstar instead of transport, thanks.
Post edited December 27, 2016 by DarzaR
DarzaR: I did tried exactly that and cannot reproduce it. Is there a need to do a turn? Some certain colony to see it? Doom star design there likely because initially it was some old save maybe? Or it was opened in 1.4 at some point?
upd. Ok, i can reproduce it about doomstar instead of transport, thanks.
Nope it did overwrite my old design (you can see the Armageddon ships at Orion) with "Doom Star" ... i did reproduce it partially by creating a new Armageddon design and building 7 more at Orion and when queue was emptied and i did try to build another row of 7 the first worked, but then it switched to "Doom Star" again ... i never named my ships Doom Star, but used the standard name Armageddon.
Mrrshan home system of Fieras (located top center) does not show up as a player-owned system in either the planet map or the fleet navigation screen (or, incidentally, the space dragon attack map).

SAVE1.GAM

Also, I've noticed for a while that anti-pollution buildings (pollution processor, atmospheric renewer, core waste dumps) consistently get ignored when autobuilding at any given colony. This makes sense for tolerant races, like Silicoids, but can put a significant dent in the production of other races; rich and ultra-rich colonies can put out a lot of pollution, which requires more work to clean up.

Dimensional portal and artificial planet are also ignored by autobuilding, but that makes a little more sense, as there's no pressing need to build either of them.
Post edited December 29, 2016 by srhill
I finally got around to playing a bit with this, excellent work.

First bug I have encountered is harmless but here goes anyway: Single player. Two empires got vanquished the very same turn and both in the same way -- last planet bombed to hell, by two different empires (me and an AI). The GNN report only mentions one of them, making me look for a Gnolam planet that was not there. Sorry. no save game :-(

1.50.6.1 on GOG's version 16. Version 18 seems to be the current one. I guess I will download and change to that one then. Maybe they fixed the sound...

--------
Off-topic: I got side-tracked into playing Freeorion instead of MoO2 after a few hours.
Themken: 1.50.6.1 on GOG's version 16. Version 18 seems to be the current one. I guess I will download and change to that one then. Maybe they fixed the sound...
What does it mean?
Themken: 1.50.6.1 on GOG's version 16. Version 18 seems to be the current one. I guess I will download and change to that one then. Maybe they fixed the sound...
DarzaR: What does it mean?
You patch version. GOG's installer version. I mentioned that in case it matters. Something was funny with GOG's installer v 16 and at least one earlier one too (no idea which one) as they did not get the sound right but that was/is fixable by tweaking the DOSBox settings (I think, hopefully not mixing with first MoO now but that one never had sound issues). Sorry about the side comments that are unrelated to your patch.