It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Is it actually possible to satisfy an empire's demand to remove ships from a given star system? Whenever I run into this, it doesn't seem to matter where I move the ships, or even whether the systems belong to me or not; the AI just gets more and more riled up and inevitably declares war on me (for keeping fleets around my own homeworld!). The only way to avoid this appears to be to scrap the ships in question entirely.
Not a bug report, exactly, but been running into some odd random number behavior lately. In my last game, I had no less than three AI empires surrender to each other. I wish I could take a screenshot of my current galaxy map; I'm about 70 turns in and have explored about 18-20 systems, and fully half of those are connected by wormholes.
Patch version 1.50.6 has just been made available, containing another 3 dozen bug fixes or so.
Note that for this edition, a lot of parameter names have been changed.
Your personal mods will need an update to run on 1.50.6.
srhill: Is it actually possible to satisfy an empire's demand to remove ships from a given star system?
Don't know. AI is the least explored part of the code, and a very messy one. Frequently you can't tell what's a bug and what's a feature there.
Bug in new Version 1.50.6 i haven`t seen before.
A clone of Trilar planet is in Geph system, but not accessible (see ). It should be a toxic planet belonging to Meklars (see [url=https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/88142565/SAVE2.GAM]here)
hohiro: Bug in new Version 1.50.6 i haven`t seen before.
A clone of Trilar planet is in Geph system, but not accessible (see ). It should be a toxic planet belonging to Meklars (see [url=https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/88142565/SAVE2.GAM]here)
Good catch, and thanks for the savegames!
Btw, was this a fresh game, or a save game from a previous version?
Also, did you use some mapeditor, or is it just a standard run from New Game screen without editing involved?
Thanks...
I'm able to mind control Elerian colonies after the Elerians surrendered to another race.

EDIT: Also, I was able to sign a peace treaty with a race that won the galactic election after I refused to accept the ruling. (And by "won," I mean that I won and turned down the office, because that's boring.) I didn't know that was even possible, and in MOO1, I'm fairly certain that it's not.
Post edited December 06, 2016 by srhill
Rocco.40: Btw, was this a fresh game, or a save game from a previous version?
Also, did you use some mapeditor, or is it just a standard run from New Game screen without editing involved?
Thanks...
Fresh run, totally vanilla without any editing.
This nasty bug has now been fixed with the 1.50.6.1 hotfix

srhill: I'm able to mind control Elerian colonies after the Elerians surrendered to another race.

EDIT: Also, I was able to sign a peace treaty with a race that won the galactic election after I refused to accept the ruling. (And by "won," I mean that I won and turned down the office, because that's boring.) I didn't know that was even possible, and in MOO1, I'm fairly certain that it's not.
Once the Elerian population is no longer part of the Elerian Empire, they also loose their resistence to mind control.
In general, conquered population keep the following traits: growth, food, production and science bonus (but not money) and special abilities low-g / high-g, aquatic, subterranean, tolerant, lithovore, cybernetic.

About you defying the council win, did you win the vote or another race?
Post edited December 08, 2016 by Rocco.40
Rocco.40: This nasty bug has now been fixed with the 1.50.6.1 hotfix
Thanks for your great work guys :)
Rocco.40: About you defying the council win, did you win the vote or another race?
I won (which is generally easy to do, especially in the mid-to-late game), then rejected the ruling, which resulted in my opponent being elected leader of the council.
Minor glitch. The player has two fleets. Scrap the smaller one (or the larger one and then the smaller one) and the name on the fleet display will default to "ANTARANS FLEET." Not only is this incorrect, but there are no Antaran ships present in the galaxy.

SAVE1.GAM
srhill: Minor glitch. The player has two fleets. Scrap the smaller one (or the larger one and then the smaller one) and the name on the fleet display will default to "ANTARANS FLEET." Not only is this incorrect, but there are no Antaran ships present in the galaxy.

SAVE1.GAM
Thanks very much for the report & save. This item will fixed in next release.
A space dragon attack will occur next turn. The subsequent GNN report fails to identify which empire (Silicoid) is being attacked.

SAVE2.GAM