It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

When run GoG Galaxy, it always says version 1.31 even when I just downloaded version 1.50.11 and I can run 1.50.11 independently without GoG.
How do i get GoG to recognize the updated version?
Is there a file I have to edit to tell it to look in the new folder?
plasmatime: When run GoG Galaxy, it always says version 1.31 even when I just downloaded version 1.50.11 and I can run 1.50.11 independently without GoG.
How do i get GoG to recognize the updated version?
Is there a file I have to edit to tell it to look in the new folder?
We organized the 1.50 patch files in such way that when you use gog shortcuts you still run the gog version and when you use 1.50 laucnher you get latest 1.50 version. Both versions live peacefully side-by-side. If you want 1.50 to run via gog shortcuts then you need to reorganize your moo2 folder/files.

BTW, can i assume from 'gog version 1.31' that you are running a german, french, italian or spanish version, since english one normally is 1.40b23?
GoG version says 1.31 on GoG, but it actually runs as 1.40b23, no idea why, but it doesn't effect our multiplayer games to the computer next to me.
When I run the 1.50 icon, as host from one computer and the other tries to join as client to the host's ip address I can't see the host's game.
So, we are forced to resort back to GoG and 1.40b23. ;(

I am fine with GoG and 1.50 running seperately.
I would like to know how I can run the 1.50 from the icon multiplayer to the computer next to me.
Post edited June 10, 2018 by plasmatime
plasmatime: [...]
When I run the 1.50 icon, as host from one computer and the other tries to join as client to the host's ip address I can't see the host's game.
I would like to know how I can run the 1.50 from the icon multiplayer to the computer next to me.
see if this guide can help you further:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=882018286
That Worked! :) :) :) Thanks!
I'm not on Steam yet. I hadn't thought to look on their forum for the same question.
I am forced to question your negotiating skills, ambassador.

https://imgur.com/aJlmjFS
Post edited July 04, 2018 by srhill
srhill: I am forced to question your negotiating skills, ambassador.

https://imgur.com/aJlmjFS
hah, interesting deal.
There seems to be a bug in customizing the BUILD queues.

I like to have the cloning center in after soil enrichment to help build up pop. But my changes to 150/build/BUILD.CFG don't seem to take effect?

Any ideas?
jcpunk: There seems to be a bug in customizing the BUILD queues.

I like to have the cloning center in after soil enrichment to help build up pop. But my changes to 150/build/BUILD.CFG don't seem to take effect?

Any ideas?
by default the cloning center is commented out so it will not appear in queue by pressing Q.
are you sure you have removed the '#' sign before cloning_center?
if it's still there it won't work the way you want to.
that's the only thing i could think of for now.
Post edited July 13, 2018 by Rocco.40
jcpunk: There seems to be a bug in customizing the BUILD queues.

Any ideas?
Rocco.40: by default the cloning center is commented out so it will not appear in queue by pressing Q.
are you sure you have removed the '#' sign before cloning_center?
if it's still there it won't work the way you want to.
that's the only thing i could think of for now.
Perfect!

That fixed it thanks!
Bug report: Running 1.50.11.3
Hiring leaders after you've rejected them

If I go to the Leaders screen to hire them some turns later when I get the BC for it, when I press their portrait the game doesn't show the hire screen and freezes. Music keeps playing but I have to restart dosbox. Tested the same save without 1.50.11.3 and I am able to successfully hire the leader. Sorry if this was reported before but I'm at work and wanted to write this quick. Thanks
yasagani: Bug report: Running 1.50.11.3

If I go to the Leaders screen to hire them some turns later when I get the BC for it, when I press their portrait the game doesn't show the hire screen and freezes. Music keeps playing but I have to restart dosbox. Tested the same save without 1.50.11.3 and I am able to successfully hire the leader. Sorry if this was reported before but I'm at work and wanted to write this quick. Thanks
Thanks for report!
It'd be very helpful if you can share that save.

Btw what do you mean by ".3" in version number "1.50.11.3"?
He may be referring to the launcher version (which shows up as 1.3 if you don't bother to rename the directory you unzip it to).
yasagani: Bug report: Running 1.50.11.3

Rocco.40: Thanks for report!
It'd be very helpful if you can share that save.

Btw what do you mean by ".3" in version number "1.50.11.3"?
Terribly sorry for the late reply. I kept wanting to do this but I was just swamped with real life and never got around to playing. And yes, what I meant by ".3" was in fact that the "-1.3" in the archive name that got stuck in my head as "...11.3" as if it was the third release of 1.50.11, very sorry for the confusion.

Unfortunately the original two saves (two different games) where I had this issue were overridden as I didn't have the presence of mind to keep them, but I have been able to replicate this bug almost every time in a new game, so here's another save with it. Trying to hire Crasus from the leader screen freezes the game, same thing happens to Gizmo in the ship officers tab.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=10-tu7teq83YXd004Bue_BxPKJcpvBLI3

Some additional background, I do use a non-standard DOSBox, which is to say the latest DOSBox ECE (found here https://blog.yesterplay80.net/dosbox-ece-en/) which is simply a version with some extra things on top of the original DOSBox' latest SVN release from sourceforge. I find it very stable and faster what with literally years of bugfixing differences between 0.74 and this one. I also launch all my DOS games through a modified D-Fend Reloaded front-end. I mention this because while I don't believe it matters, who knows. However, every time I launch GOG's 1.4 Moo2 (with the same settings and DOSBox I just mentioned) and load the save file, I can recruit both ship officers just fine.

Lastly, pardon my ignorance but, how do you guy(s?) (the team behind the upatch and ICE) call yourselves? I'd love to add it to my Developer/Publisher description lines in D-fend.
Post edited July 23, 2018 by yasagani
yasagani: [...] but I have been able to replicate this bug almost every time in a new game, so here's another save with it. Trying to hire Crasus from the leader screen freezes the game, same thing happens to Gizmo in the ship officers tab.[...]

Some additional background, I do use a non-standard DOSBox, which is to say the latest DOSBox ECE (found here https://blog.yesterplay80.net/dosbox-ece-en/) which is simply a version with some extra things on top of the original DOSBox' latest SVN release from sourceforge. I find it very stable and faster what with literally years of bugfixing differences between 0.74 and this one. I also launch all my DOS games through a modified D-Fend Reloaded front-end. I mention this because while I don't believe it matters, who knows. However, every time I launch GOG's 1.4 Moo2 (with the same settings and DOSBox I just mentioned) and load the save file, I can recruit both ship officers just fine.

Lastly, pardon my ignorance but, how do you guy(s?) (the team behind the upatch and ICE) call yourselves? I'd love to add it to my Developer/Publisher description lines in D-fend.
Thanks for the save. I played it on my DOSBox / 1.50.11 and got no crash with it. Perhaps this 'ECE' version plays a role in crashes after all. We only test the game patch under DOSBox (tho I did test patch under real DOS also once or twice.. :) )
Have you tried running it under regular DOSBox?
Also, what mod are you playing, a custom mod or one included with the version 1.50.11 pack?

We go by the name of "MOO2 1.50 Patch Team" as well as "ADR Team".
I have designed the ICE mod "Rocco". :)

edit: .. ok, looks like you were playing 1.50 improved.
Post edited July 24, 2018 by Rocco.40