It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Here are a few quotes from various Master of Orion: Conquer the Stars user reviews from the past:
The game cannot be played in multiplayer without GOG Galaxy, and requires linking of one's GOG account to a WarGaming.net account.
-----
So, it appears that, when playing single player, the game has a lot of network activity (...) and the license terms allow Wargaming.net to track and record a whole shitload of things, including where you click, or whole conversations, etc.
-----
Requires installation and use of GOG Galaxy. Requires creation of WarGaming.net account.
-----
There is a lot of tracking software that silently gets installed alongside the game, that you can't easily remove, even if you uninstall it.
I'm going to play single player mode only. Do "problems" quoted above still exist in 2018?

1. Can I go online, download the game, go offline, install and just play? Or no?
2. Do I need to have Galaxy installed?
3. Will I need to link my GOG account to WarGaming.net?
4. Will this "tracking software" still install for single player only mode? If yes, is it hard to remove it?
Post edited April 22, 2018 by Lexor
Games does require the acceptance of a third party EULA.

1. You can download the game, install and play, without having a network connection (Single Player Only)
2. No, unless you want to play Multiplayer
3. Not needed for single player, possible for multiplayer - do not know
4. This one I do not know about, never checked
WhatIsSol: Games does require the acceptance of a third party EULA.

1. You can download the game, install and play, without having a network connection (Single Player Only)
2. No, unless you want to play Multiplayer
3. Not needed for single player, possible for multiplayer - do not know
4. This one I do not know about, never checked
Thank you very much for the answer.

The most important thing for me is that for single player mode I won't need to share my GOG's data with any other service. Still I'm a little worried about that "tracking software" - I hope it can be disabled (for example in firewall).