It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Greetings Explorers!

Here are the current known issues in Master of Orion:

- [EULA] Localized EULA text is followed by unlocalized Privacy Policy in English
- [GOG] Game will stop responding if a player creates a Multiplayer lobby, leaves and then quits the game.
- [LINUX] Game application closes frequently on Linux.
- [LINUX] Upon minimizing and maximizing back again, black graphical artifacts appear on colonies tags (labels).
- [LINUX] Game interface becomes corrupted upon launching the game in windowed mode in certain configurations.
- [LINUX] Resolution changes are not applied in windowed game mode.
- [LINUX] The Cyrillic script symbols are not shown in game text fields.
- [LINUX] Changing certain graphics setting closes the game.
- [LINUX] [4K display issues] Game does not scale properly to desktop resolution when it is launched on 4K display.
- [LINUX] Player is experiencing video lag and heavy CPU usage when running the game
- [OSX] [LINUX] Korean version present severe visual issues (Japanese: fixed)
- [OSX] Game may crash or deadlock after opening 'View tech tree' and scroll when a player uses native Mac mouse.
- Game crashes during the splash screens when using a wireless Steel Series headset
- Game crashes during the splash screens when using an Afterglow Universal Wireless Gaming Headset
- Tutorial breaks at turn 4 after visiting Colony when Advisor asks Player to buyout the Frigate, if Player switches all 3 colonists to production instead of 1.
- Core Systems Modules do not show up in the Defense Rating
- Game client stops working after the opening movie
- Under certain situations, the player can't scrap structures on planets
- Commanding your fleet in Tactical battle will sometimes cause it to freeze
- Player's game crashes after clicking on ships and/or submitting their turn
- Non-aggression pact prevents user from attacking colonies, but not fleets
- Game went out of sync in multiplayer game on 80 turn.
- Tooltip about building civilian ship is not displayed in Russian
- Star Base tooltip says that multiple Doom Stars can be built in Russian

Here are issues that have been recently reported by players and will continue to be updated as we receive more reports:

- Graphical color saturation issue occurs during tactical battle
- Path algorithm for ships don't always account wormholes to take the shortest path
- Victory chances against the Amoeba space monster is misleading
- Plasma Rifle upgrade doesn't indicate how much of an increase it adds to Ground Marine combat rating
- Spy notification message changes when you assign them to a different location
- Combat sounds do not play when zooming in and out during Tactical Combat
- GNN reports discovery of the same monster twice in a single play session
- Orbital Defense structures don't appear to be repairing after combat
- Troop Transport counter doesn't display the correct information
- Commanding your fleet in Tactical battle will sometimes cause it to freeze
- Players can’t scrap structures in the Colony Management screen
- Planet graphic disappears when visiting the Empire Management menu
- Scouts sometimes don't move during the turn phase
- Notifications appear blank when constructing certain ships
- Buyout option for building a structure/ship should be completed within the same turn
- Colonize/Build option sometimes becomes unavailable when landing on a suitable location
- Stellar Converter sound effects do not play after the first time you destroy a planet
Post edited September 29, 2016 by Raizei
There still is no Linux version on GOG

Also, performance on windows is kinda bad, will look into it though, before complaining.
Neikius: There still is no Linux version on GOG

Also, performance on windows is kinda bad, will look into it though, before complaining.
Hello!

I will find out and confirm if MoO will be available for Linux players on GoG.

As for the performance issues you are experiencing on the Windows OS, you can try turning down you graphics settings in game until your performance improves.

If you are still experiencing issues, especially with a PC that meets or well exceeds the minimum requirements, please let me know so I can follow up with you.
I received confirmation that the Linux supported version will only be available on Steam.
Raizei: I received confirmation that the Linux supported version will only be available on Steam.
Who, what, why?
I really hope wargaming gets removed from gog.com
AiCola: I really hope wargaming gets removed from gog.com
I agree, this is bullcrap. The game gets a full release in beta stage at best, "cross platform" multiplayer with steam users is non-existent and now only steam gets linux support?

Oh and how about an update on the huge amount of issues the game has, at least an ETA of a future patch would be nice..

I have not been able to finish a single game yet because of various reasons and the lack of communication from the devs is not really encouraging.
AiCola: I really hope wargaming gets removed from gog.com
boenk: I agree, this is bullcrap. The game gets a full release in beta stage at best, "cross platform" multiplayer with steam users is non-existent and now only steam gets linux support?

Oh and how about an update on the huge amount of issues the game has, at least an ETA of a future patch would be nice..

I have not been able to finish a single game yet because of various reasons and the lack of communication from the devs is not really encouraging.
Could you please specify what issues you are encountering when playing? There are definitely a few issues that the development team are trying to fix and while we cannot address them all at once, we still would like to know what issues are affecting you currently so we know how severe and how many players are affected.
Aight:
The rts space comabat is still freezing if there are more than ~100 ships involved;
the ships' hp bars still only work in the first battle after starting the game;
diplomacy seems outright broken, it is almost impossible to maintain an allied relationship with someone and the one time i managed to do that my ally got run over without me getting at least a notification that he might need some help;
with a huge galaxy scrolling slows down really, really hard, not as bad as in "sins of a solar empire" for example and it is by no means a gamebreaker, but improvements would be nice;
no multiplayer with steam users just sucks, even though i can guess the reasons for that a hint before i bought it here instead of steam would have been a good idea

that is all that comes to mind right now, haven't really played in a while, a flooded basement really messes up your days, but i do appreciate your efforts to fix the game raizei :)
Í have the same issue with the health bars, this is sincredibly annoying.
Raizei: I received confirmation that the Linux supported version will only be available on Steam.
Well, that is disappointing. Saves me a good chunk of change though.
Here's a list of issues I've experienced on the 49.5.1.2.31357 version.
1) Tactical Combat - MIRV payload missiles reach the target, appear to get shot down, then the MIRV's launch again from the ship's original launch site instead of the closer payload missile location. This makes MIRV's take double time to hit a target, especially when launched from long range. The small missiles should pop at the end of the payload missile graphic, not the original launch location. This also causes a problem with the Dauntless Guidance System, since the MIRV's do not reacquire a new target when the main target is destroyed - especially since they start back at the original missile launch position and then just get wasted flying to an empty location again.
2) Diplomacy - Alliance Treaty means nothing to the computer. My ally refuses to declare war on a race I am at war with, and gets upset at me for several color levels when I request he declare war on the other race.
3) Graphics UI - All the galaxy map labels disappear. All planet names and symbols are gone. This only happens when I leave the game up and running long enough for my screensaver and monitor power save mode engage, but it requires that I save the game, exit the game, then restart and reload the game to correct.
4) Tactical Combat - Torpedoes are worthless against ships. I recall torpedoes were once described as "Direct Fire Missiles", which is what I believe is supposed to make them different from normal missiles. Even with the semi-guided enhancement, any capable human and the obviously near perfect AI can easily dodge the torpedoes. They're only really effective for killing stationary targets where they don't even need the semi-guided enhancement. I get the feeling that somebody decided to make torpedoes more like a slow submarine torpedo as opposed to the fast sci-fi torpedoes that I'm sure most of us are used to. I think that the torpedoes should at least have a 2-3 times speed increase to make them a more viable weapon - especially since they take much more space than missiles.
5) I'm not sure if it's just me again, but missiles appear to be OP again. Or possibly more accurate, beams and cannons appear to have become much weaker than missiles again.
6) Enhancement Request - I believe that a "Sandbox" or "Combat Simulator" mode or option should be available so that a player can test ship designs under a controlled environment. The scientist developing the new weapons obviously use them in their development (it's called testing), so a ruler, a.k.a. known as the player, should be able to request a specific demonstration of their ship designs to prove their viability. In addition, we could report back with weapon flaws, glitches, and balance issues much quicker if we had this option.
"2) Diplomacy - Alliance Treaty means nothing to the computer. My ally refuses to declare war on a race I am at war with, and gets upset at me for several color levels when I request he declare war on the other race."

Same here, and one turn later they send me a message that their honor our alliance and come to my aid (and declare war on the race i asked them too).
This just hows how amateurish the whole diplimacy system is done, it feels even worse than MoO2.
I also think it is really annoying that you cannot ask somebody to vote for you in the election if they are in an alliance with you.
If they are the 2nd largest emprire they will always vote for themselves and if you ask them to vote for you the game tells you "you are already in an alliance".
I haven't tried it but i wouldn't be surprised if your ally was really upset if you ask them to vote for you, but then they do it anyways.

"6) Enhancement Request - I believe that a "Sandbox" or "Combat Simulator" mode or option should be available so that a player can test ship designs under a controlled environment. The scientist developing the new weapons obviously use them in their development (it's called testing), so a ruler, a.k.a. known as the player, should be able to request a specific demonstration of their ship designs to prove their viability. In addition, we could report back with weapon flaws, glitches, and balance issues much quicker if we had this option."

Agreed and kudos to you for figuring out those issues with combat.
I have to be honest, i just click sklip every time now, because i know how horrible the ship AI is and i just can't stand watching my ships do insanely stupid stuff.
I also don't feel like i can influence a thing so i just skip the combat.
That alone should tell people how bad combat really is.
Post edited October 21, 2016 by AiCola
Game crashes (well, becomes unresponsive) in tutorial mode.... Any idea on how to fix this?
Thanks in advance,
Joe
Attachments:
As much as this is well done over all lthere are a few bugs that slipped into the DLC that should not have.

-Placeholder text for the elarian mind control
-Bombs are required on fleet before elarians can use mind control.
-mind control functions on pirate bases.
-minor races do not seem to have population icons or there is a bug rendering them invisible.
-conqouring minor races (at least via mind control) results in a graphical error that renders many icons invisible, both population and structure.

Now the last one please correct me if I have missed how to deal with this and is from before the DLC.
- You can not declare war, attack or repeal treaties if the AI will not accept meetings while a non aggresion pact is in play.

I have submitted reports on these via the in game command, but I would have expected some of the simpler ones such as the placeholder text to have been noticed.
Post edited December 03, 2016 by Mayhemeffect