I installed the main game and the DLC using the
sudo dpkg -i <gog linux installer name>
command in terminal.
I just got done playing a bit of the DLC level.
How are you installing the game if I may ask?
My rig is basically Mint 17 64-bit :)
edit: it's best to just install the main game + the DLC package and THEN play :)
I have the DLC running after trying the debs now, but I think there may be an issue with the tarball for the dlc.
After applying the update, the game appears unchanged (same splash screen, main menu, ect). Am I the only one?
Yes, I too have had this problem: run the Special Edition installer and it says "Installation complete!", but the extra content has NOT been installed.
NB This is on the Mac. I can't make any comment about other platforms.
Luckily, it's not hard to do the installation manually. Here's how:
1. Right-click over your installed copy of Mark of the Ninja and choose "Show Package Contents" from the pop-up menu. The resulting window will show 'Contents' and 'Extras' folders.
2. Double-click on the 'Contents' folder to open it. You'll see a window containing five folders and two files, including 'MacOS' and 'Resources' folders. We'll call this Window A.
3. Find your Special Edition installer; it's called "(Double-click to install)". As with the main game, right-click on it and choose "Show Package Contents" from the pop-up menu. NB If you're working from the mounted disk image of the installer (i.e. you haven't copied the installer elsewhere), a new Finder window should open, rather than the one showing the installer being reused.
4. In the resulting window, again double-click on the 'Contents' folder. The window will change to show three folders and two files, again including 'MacOS' and 'Resources' folders. Double-click on the 'Resources' folder. Now the window shows three files and three folders; the first of the files is 'app.icns', which has a preview just like the game icon. You'll also see that one of the folders is called 'game'. Double-click on that to open it. That contains just a single folder, called 'Contents'. Finally double-click THAT to open it! Phew! We're finally where we need to be. The folder you should now be looking at contains just two folders: 'MacOS' and 'Resources'. Let's call this Window B.
5. To recap, you should now have two windows open, showing the contents of folders buried within the game itself (Window A) and the Special Edition installer (Window B). To double-check that each is showing the correct folder, you could turn on the Path Bar for each window (on the Finder's View menu, choose "Show Path Bar" if it's not already enabled). Then, you can check the path at the foot of the window. Starting from the application or update installer, the paths should be:
Window A: Mark of the Ninja > Contents
Window B: (Double-click to install) > Contents > Resources > game > Contents
6. OK? Right. Be sure to get this the right way round! From Window B, drag the 'MacOS' folder into Window A and let go. Be careful not to drop it on top of a folder that's there already, as you don't want to copy it inside another folder. You want to replace the MacOS folder in Window A with the MacOS folder from Window B. In the Finder's warning window that pops up, click "Replace".
(Inside the 'MacOS' folder is the game binary itself, so you're replacing the non-expanded one with the special edition version here.)
7. Finally, in both Window A and Window B, double-click the 'Resources' folder to open it up. Window B will now show just a single folder called 'dlc' (the extra game content); Window A will show two folders and an icons file. Just drag the 'dlc' folder from Window B into Window A to copy it across.
That's it. Your game is now upgraded.
You can close Window B and eject the Special Edition installer disk image. In Window A, click the 'Back' icon three times to come out of the application contents and get back to the window showing its icon. If you double-click on the Mark of the Ninja game icon now, hopefully it'll launch and run correctly, with the new game content installed and working.
To confirm that the new content's there, go to the title screen and there should be a little exclamation mark near the 'Start game' option. And if you choose 'Start game', on the next screen there'll be a new option, 'Dosan's Tale', which is the new Special Edition content.
We tested the Mac version and the installer + DLC worked. Could you send us a Support ticket about this so that we can investigate this issue with the Mac version further? Thank you :)