It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

At the beginning of the game, you need to enter a phone number from the manual in order to start the game. However, the newer version game features an unversal phone number working with each girl - 555-0724. This number has been "taken" from Al Lowe's birthday date (July 24, 1946).

This "Master Code" does the following things:
- skips the intro, throwing you into the gameplay
- enables inventory cheat. Type "get object' (replace the word object with item name in order to get it

It appears that GOG version is the older version of the game. This phone number does not work. It gives me a "bad number" message instead.
JamesBond007: At the beginning of the game, you need to enter a phone number from the manual in order to start the game. However, the newer version game features an unversal phone number working with each girl - 555-0724. This number has been "taken" from Al Lowe's birthday date (July 24, 1946).

This "Master Code" does the following things:
- skips the intro, throwing you into the gameplay
- enables inventory cheat. Type "get object' (replace the word object with item name in order to get it

It appears that GOG version is the older version of the game. This phone number does not work. It gives me a "bad number" message instead.
I haven't bought the games yet but from looking at the forum and reading that gog's using scummvm to play the games then more than likely it's a limitation from scummvm. I remember having this issue with secret of monkey island 2. I was playing a version of the game I borrowed from my gf and it had no copy protection if I played it in dosbox but if I played it in scummvm the copy protection would pop up every time.
TarkinMX: I haven't bought the games yet but from looking at the forum and reading that gog's using scummvm to play the games then more than likely it's a limitation from scummvm. I remember having this issue with secret of monkey island 2. I was playing a version of the game I borrowed from my gf and it had no copy protection if I played it in dosbox but if I played it in scummvm the copy protection would pop up every time.
Tried on DOSBox. Bad news. 555-0724 still does not work on GOG (English) version. However, it does work on my Polish version of the game.
Well, I have the version from the 2nd collection from Sierra, the "Leisure Suit Larry: Collection Series", and the cheat code works.

Maybe someone can try to contact GOG about trying to update to the latest version.

Are there any other differences?
Baggins: Are there any other differences?
I found the version number. There are two versions of Larry 2 - 1.000.011 and 1.002.000.
It looks like GOG version is 1.000.011, because the master phone number works only in version 1.002.000.
This is now fixed :)
I'm an idiot. :P
Post edited September 30, 2013 by tinyE