It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I've played Larry before, long time ago, in fact, so long ago that I actually own the official hint book released by sierra when Larry 5 was put out (well, second edition).

So, I think this is great that I get all the games again.

Well, I've played through and beaten Larry 1 VGA version three times now, and I always wind up 5 points short.

I used the official walkthrough.

I've used IGN.

I've used GameFaqs.

I've used this site:
www.sierrahelp.com/Walkthroughs/LSL1VGAWalkthrough.html

And all of them say I should have 222, but all I get is 217.

Each of the playthroughs I noticed one thing - am NOT receiving 5 points for picking up the inflatable doll in the penthouse suite.

You're supposed to.

You're supposed to get 5 points for picking up the doll, and 5 points for inflating it.

The only way to pick up the doll is to put your mouth to it.

Which automatically inflates it for 5, giving you 0 for picking it up.

That means you are permanently losing 5 points.

I need confirmation that this is a bug, and no one else has received 222 points with the GoG.com version of this game.
Post edited January 11, 2014 by dalbozofgurth
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Hi dalbozofgurth,

GOG has version 2.0 of the game AFAIK, but I have a very old copy of version 2.1, perhaps that's the answer.
If you attach some saved games near that scene (preferably just before giving the pills to Faith), I can test it for you.
dalbozofgurth: I've played Larry before, long time ago, in fact, so long ago that I actually own the official hint book released by sierra when Larry 5 was put out (well, second edition).

So, I think this is great that I get all the games again.

Well, I've played through and beaten Larry 1 VGA version three times now, and I always wind up 5 points short.

I used the official walkthrough.

I've used IGN.

I've used GameFaqs.

I've used this site:
www.sierrahelp.com/Walkthroughs/LSL1VGAWalkthrough.html

And all of them say I should have 222, but all I get is 217.

Each of the playthroughs I noticed one thing - am NOT receiving 5 points for picking up the inflatable doll in the penthouse suite.

You're supposed to.

You're supposed to get 5 points for picking up the doll, and 5 points for inflating it.

The only way to pick up the doll is to put your mouth to it.

Which automatically inflates it for 5, giving you 0 for picking it up.

That means you are permanently losing 5 points.

I need confirmation that this is a bug, and no one else has received 222 points with the GoG.com version of this game.
Your attention to detail, sir, is staggering, and I am impressed.

I have played point & click adventure games for literally 25 years, enjoying them for the story mainly. I would never have noticed that, or looked it up to confirm it. Bravo. Really.
I just noticed people replied to this thread. I would have to replay the game again. None of my current saves are at the end. I'd get up to the penthouse and then complete the game from there. But, twice I tried to get points from the doll and didn't. Doubt it'd change a third time.