It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi all,

We've uploaded a new patch called "Patch 2.1.17", surprisingly enough, to your game shelves. Please download this new patch in order to get the latest and greatest version of the game :)

Changelog for version 2.1.17:

– tweaked a treasure instruction hint
– improved sewer pentomino puzzle reset logic
– fixed some cosmetic issues in levels
– mods: improved support for custom classes, races, skills and spells
– mods: added lots of new scripting functions and hooks
– bug fix: burnt out torch deal fire damage
– bug fix: ghost item appears on the ground when spawning an item into champion’s inventory
– bug fix: game can crash while digging in cemetery
– bug fix: saving the game while falling crashes
– bug fix: magma golem’s spit attack crashes after loading a save game
– bug fix: block puzzle in sleet island can get into unsolvable state
– bug fix: minor ceiling shaft visual glitch in Ruins of Desarune
– bug fix: fixed typos in item descriptions
– bug fix: an item on a magic bridge sometimes does not fall when the bridge disappears
– bug fix: healing crystals slowly drift from their initial position during the course of the adventure
– bug fix: dungeon editor crashes when ‘[‘ is typed into asset browser’s find box
– bug fix: dungeon exporting fails if dungeon contains script entities with external scripts
– bug fix: audio volume is not correct when changing current level immediately after waking up

Thanks and have a nice day :)
Patch 2.1.17 does show up in my account, but whatever I do the file that is downloaded is the patch 2.0.2.3.

I think something went wrong during the upload :)
Post edited November 12, 2014 by canarindamix
canarindamix: Patch 2.1.17 does show up in my account, but whatever I do the file that is downloaded is the patch 2.0.2.3.

Install the update and launch the game. You'll notice at the bottom left corner of the menu page the updated version is now 2.1.17.
canarindamix: Patch 2.1.17 does show up in my account, but whatever I do the file that is downloaded is the patch 2.0.2.3.

BurntSoul: Install the update and launch the game. You'll notice at the bottom left corner of the menu page the updated version is now 2.1.17.
Almost , it shows 2.1.13 O_o
And I forgot to mention that the patcher reported errors.
BurntSoul: Install the update and launch the game. You'll notice at the bottom left corner of the menu page the updated version is now 2.1.17.
canarindamix: Almost , it shows 2.1.13 O_o
And I forgot to mention that the patcher reported errors.
Weird! Worked okay for me. However (for the record) I've seen this done by GOG. They will announce a new patch and the downloaded filename will look different than the actual version. Why they do this I don't know.
Post edited November 12, 2014 by BurntSoul
The 2.0.2.3.exe is the GoG installer version. The patch it contains brings the game version up to 2.1.17. If you're seeing 2.1.13 in the game after those errors then the patch was not installed correctly. There's no way to troubleshoot that without knowing what the errors were.
Thanks for the explanation about the install version number, makes more sense now :)

Though it would be much simpler and clearer if that number matched the one of the patch :)

And now that I think about it, I think the previous patch I installed for LOG2 came from the developper website, so I guess that's why the GoG patcher got confused.

I guess I'll just reinstall the whole game and that should take care of it.
Post edited November 13, 2014 by canarindamix
The Error i get is:

Legend of Grimrock II patch log
Update from version 2.0.0.1 to 2.0.2.3

Incorrect version of: e:\GOG Games\Legend of Grimrock II\grimrock2.dat

My current version = 2.1.13
Best bet is if you are still having the issues, re-download the original game from your library again. Then uninstall the previous version and make sure the folder is gone. Install the newly downloaded version and apply the patch if you have to (not sure if they already have a fully patched game available for the download).

I've recently seen weirdness with a downloaded patch has wreaked havoc on the whole game, and re-downloading the updated full game will take care of it (Wasteland 2).

I don't like it and I'm not sure who's at fault (GOG or the Developers), but it is what it is.

Tell us what happened when you get the chance!
It looks like I can't dl the proper patch. When I click on the patch to download it: it downloads the previous version in stead. That's why it can't update.
Jarkeld: The Error i get is:

Legend of Grimrock II patch log
Update from version 2.0.0.1 to 2.0.2.3

Incorrect version of: e:\GOG Games\Legend of Grimrock II\grimrock2.dat

My current version = 2.1.13
Got that error as well. I am using it through wine though.