It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi all,

We have uploaded a new patch, version 2.2.2.4, to your game shelves along with a brand spankin' new Mac version of the same game :)

Release Notes for version 2.2.4

– optimized performance of the graphics engine
– added max draw distance option to grimrock.cfg
– optimized input latency especially when frame rate drops below 60 fps
– added touchscreen mode to game options (enables attacking with left mouse button)
– improved dynamic lighting effects when using low quality rendering mode
– bug fix: tomb of guardians puzzle could end up in an incorrect state
– bug fix: projectiles don’t pass through open cemetery gate
– bug fix: a monster standing in a monster blocker square can’t be melee attacked
– bug fix: skeleton archers can be poisoned
– bug fix: projectiles stuck in a fire elemental are lost when the elemental hits the party and explodes
– bug fix: snakes inside force fields can be hit with projectiles
– bug fix: knockback can move the party while falling
– bug fix: spell panel remains open when using bare hands to cast and items are equipped into mage’s hands
– bug fix: loot dropped by monsters is sometimes (very rarely) spawned in wrong square
– bug fix: non-stackable throwing items stack when auto-picked up
– bug fix: removed “invisible” energy potion in shipwreck beach
– bug fix: click zones of menu options in main menu and pause menu are slightly off

Modding:
– improved error handling of illegal object references in scripts
– video *.ivf files are now automatically exported to mods
– added support for drawing portraits using the gui context
– added defineCondition function for creating custom conditions
– added 35 new scripting functions and hooks
– ItemComponent:setGameEffect() now accepts nil parameter
– bug fix: FirearmAttackComponent:setBaseDamageStats() has an incorrect argument type
– bug fix: ProjectileComponent:setCastByChampion() has an incorrect argument type
– bug fix: MaterialEx:setTexture() does not work for standard textures (diffuseMap, specularMap, normalMap, emissiveMap)
– bug fix: calling setDoorState() after the level has been loaded does not work
– bug fix: TeleporterComponent:getTeleportTarget() and StairComponent:getTeleportTarget() do not support multiple return values

Also, we've updated the main installer for the Windows version of LoG 2 in case any opf you wanted to start fresh :)

Have a nice day :)
Post edited March 18, 2015 by JudasIscariot
Great! I can't wait to try it out. I am curious to see if I notice a difference with the optimization changes. :)
Thanks for the patch and update! Is there Linux version yet?
physiq: Thanks for the patch and update! Is there Linux version yet?
Developers said that they don't have the manpower to port it to Linux at this point.
A huge improvement performance wise, reduced input lag really helps. Even with G-Sync, it felt pretty choppy pre-patch, plays like a dream now!
JMich: Developers said that they don't have the manpower to port it to Linux at this point.
I see. Thanks for the info. Maybe there will be a chance in the future.
hi.
Hhen i try to download patch from gog it always gets 2.1.0.5 ver. How can i get 2.2.2.4 from gog??
M4lky: hi.
Hhen i try to download patch from gog it always gets 2.1.0.5 ver. How can i get 2.2.2.4 from gog??
It is the version you are looking for. The numbers are different as this is the gog internal versioning number different form the game version number. (To reduce this common confusion vote here: Community wish)
Post edited May 05, 2015 by shaddim
JMich: Developers said that they don't have the manpower to port it to Linux at this point.
I wonder who did the Mac version. Since they have already ported a DirectX game to OpenGL, compiling a GNU/Linux version would be trivial at this point, if they had any willingness to do so.

In my experience, Windows developers tend to have an aversion to this side of things, so maybe they simply do not want to ship a GNU/Linux binary.
Audiocide: I wonder who did the Mac version. Since they have already ported a DirectX game to OpenGL, compiling a GNU/Linux version would be trivial at this point, if they had any willingness to do so.

In my experience, Windows developers tend to have an aversion to this side of things, so maybe they simply do not want to ship a GNU/Linux binary.
in fact, porting to linux is hard as linux does not form a proper platform (due to library and distro fragmentation), unlike Windows or MacOS.

some developer feedback on that.
http://www.hemispheregames.com/2010/05/18/porting-osmos-to-linux-a-post-mortem-part-23/
https://www.gamingonlinux.com/articles/about-linux-games-being-delayed-a-chat-with-several-game-developers-and-porters.9491

I recommend complaining to your distro, that they should fix that by starting to collaborate with other distros.

...library and distro fragmentation), unlike Windows or MacOS.
Precisely the reason why many of us prefer it over here.

I recommend complaining to your distro, that they should fix that by starting to collaborate with other distros.
Personally, I would gladly trade all my games, and even my desktop environment to never see that happen. I am averse to being told what to run on and how to configure my own machine.

Thank you for the links. I will read them. I suspect it's nothing I haven't heard before, but I know absolutely nothing about the Windows API or DirectX or Visual Solution 2013, etc. Maybe it's super easy to accomplish these things with that toolset, but I would not know.
Post edited October 12, 2017 by Audiocide
Having read these articles, while Ryan Gordon is legendary in that he is one of only eight non-Windows game programmers that exist -- and for being *the* main game porting guy, Hemisphere games are predictably voicing the same complaints that I personally find unreasonable.

Having mentioned what I have in my previous post about my absolute lack of knowledge of the Windows specific side of things, how meaningful would it be for me to skim through a couple of Windows specific books and argue that nothing is done the way it *should* be done over there?

These people have not accomplished what they have in a week, a month, or a year. They can not expect to gain an equivalent amount of insight and experience with a completely different ecosystem in a much shorter amount of time.

Obviously there are very few Linux programmers who have any interest in or knowledge of game engines, and it costs whatever amount of money to hire them -- and you really should hire them. Studios are not generally able to recoup this amount in Linux sales. Without a strong personal or technical interest, such as id Software in the 90s, or the odd small development house once in a while, and without a strong incentive from Steam or someone else, I am surprised so many games have already been ported.
I could successully run LOG2 on Linux (Zorin OS 16) with Lutiris