It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm 28. I'm an old school player, played a lot of such games. Still my favourite one is Stonekeep.
Post edited February 02, 2014 by kamikaze26
Hello, I'm Nightblair I have 27 years and I like Legend of Grimrock. Do you like it too?

They've said that everyone here will like it...
:D
Post edited July 02, 2014 by advancedhero
I'm not really an old school/hardcore gamer. I played Monkey Island and Warcraft II when I was a kid, then Baldur's Gate and Diablo II as a teenager, but I'm really ok with new games.

Grimrock is the first dungeon crawler I ever tried, and I have to admit it was surprisingly good, way better than some professional reviews' judgment. I can't wait for the sequel.
Post edited August 24, 2014 by cmspeedwagon
Almost 23 in Sep. 22

Played Dungeon Master 2 via DOSBox a while ago and I was able to slip into Grimrock really quickly. Badass game!
KingKannibal: Almost 23 in Sep. 22

Played Dungeon Master 2 via DOSBox a while ago and I was able to slip into Grimrock really quickly. Badass game!
Just turned 25,

I bought the Legend of Grimrock back at release because I watched a TotalBiscuit video that was covering the game. Up until Grimrock I had never seen a game that played quite like it. I grew up mostly playing Bioware titles like Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights, Knights of the Old Republic, and other similar RPGs like Gas Powered Games' Dungeon Siege series. My conception of what constituted a dungeon crawler was limited to those games. One of the things that I never liked about any of those games was the party management on screen. Not the role playing management of who has what items, and who levels into what stats, etc... But rather the physical location of the characters on the screen in relation to the enemies. I was never very adept at that side of the micro-managing. This was particularly bad in games like Baldur's Gate that had you controlling and positioning six characters on screen at once and trying to make sure they all stay alive. Hence I loved the fact that you had four party members moving in unison on screen in a grid while at the same time keeping a real time system of combat (even if the early RPGs I played were "technically" turn-based :-P). Everything about the way Grimrock plays is very unique and fun for me. I can't wait to see how the open world of the second installation plays. :-)
44 years young, been gaming since 1975 when i saw Pong on an old Soundic gaming console and i was 5 years old. Been hooked on games ever since and fortunate enough to have worked on and had games released during the 8 bit period and seen so many things change in that time (not all for the better) but gaming never ceases to amaze me even to this day but loved the 8 bit period with the Vic 20, Spectrum 48, C16, C64, Dragon 32, Atari 2600, Atari 800 etc.

Gameplay and pure fun and excitement for me rule over resolution, HD or any graphical improvement that rules the modern gamer, yes i'm old school and love my retro and have my own development company that is totally focused on retro games and going strong for over 20 years, RPG's and arcade conversions are my favourites and so looking forward to LOG 2 as this looks great as i enjoyed the first game a great deal, cheers all.
27 here, been gaming since 1992 started with an Amiga 600 and later on got a 486DX4. The first game I've played in this genre was Stonekeep, I remember it was being offered with a magazine around 1999-2000 (I forgot). I still have that CD but prefer the gog version.

When I saw Grimrock it immediately reminded me of my childhood, in the evenings when I play this game I usually turn off all the lights, put on my headphones and immerse myself in the dungeon. Currently I'm playing Anvil of Dawn and I'll also be starting Might and Magic 6 after it. Grimrock is good and I love it but I want to explore the old games more, I was too young back then to appreciate and understand this genre.
drakton: Since this is an old school game I am curious about what is the age range of people playing LoG. My guess is the average would be around late 30s?
Well I'm about to raise that average: I'm 63 hehehe.
Following a quick glance through the replies I seem to be the oldest so far at 68+ however, I do prefer these modern graphics to those of the ZX81 :)

I believe I've played and still play all types of games, always on the PC,

I'm enjoying LOG2 immensely, I prefer it to LOG1 plus, unlike in LOG1 I've only had to use a help guide a couple of times.

I'd like to play the Wild Hunt when it is released but, my current rig is not up to it rather annoying, since I only upgraded it a few months ago but, the processor is below the game specs.
Dean_Demon: 44 years young, been gaming since 1975 when i saw Pong on an old Soundic gaming console and i was 5 years old. Been hooked on games ever since and fortunate enough to have worked on and had games released during the 8 bit period and seen so many things change in that time (not all for the better) but gaming never ceases to amaze me even to this day but loved the 8 bit period with the Vic 20, Spectrum 48, C16, C64, Dragon 32, Atari 2600, Atari 800 etc.
LOL, i almost thought you were writing my bio... :P

same here, Pong, arcades, and atari.. almost with TRS-80, commador, apple II, IBM PC, ect.. 386, 486, pentium.. yada yada.. What a gaming ride.

Perhaps that is why i just enjoy gaming so much now, and so many games. I have played more than enough actual bad games in my life to know what one is. Verse what people think are bad.. ala Mass effect 3, because they didn't like a philosophical ending.

So many great games from all times to play now, and i still go back and play wonders like zork, and baldurs gate, and Gog has just kept me obsessed with the games i loved from years past, and ones i never got a chance to play.

This game though, brings me back to the days of the over night sleep overs, and all night D&D dungeon crawls from the days before AD&D, by candle light. Ahh the good ol days.
24 years old here. I'd say the first old-school RPG I've played was Might and Magic VI: The Mandate of Heaven, which completely baffled me (and, comparatively, left the guy that showed it to me rather nonplussed). Might have been one of the first RPGs I played, actually, I don't remember that time very well, but I do remember that I wasn't used to playing games that offered this much freedom. It's still one of my favourites, up there with Fallout 2. Still a sucker for RPGs up to this day, but I never really managed to find something that lived up to those two games.
34, my first Dungeon Crawler was Wizardry - Tales of the Forsaken Land and I hated it, just couldn't figure it out. Now it's my favorite type of game
Luckmann: 26.

God I feel so old.
All due respect, but shut the fuck up... :) (jk)

I'm 50, nearing 51... My first system was magnavox odyssey 2, didn't get back into gaming until I was 25, and started PC gaming at 33!
I'm 40 years "young"