It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm 36 myself and I'm greatly enjoying Grimrock so far. I did try Eye of the Beholder in my younger years but not having a built-in map like Grimrock quickly led to getting lost in the dungeon and a lot of frustration. So in that department Grimrock is a breath of fresh air.
And if you'd like to try a great mining bot for Eve Online look no further than TinyMiner
Post edited August 29, 2014 by deldewd
46 here. I'm lucky in that I got to see the birth of the home computer and everything that followed. LoG is probably my favorite release of the last 10 or 15 years. The sequel is looking really good, too!

I played Eye of the Beholder 1 when I was a youngster.
drakton: Since this is an old school game I am curious about what is the age range of people playing LoG. My guess is the average would be around late 30s?
Well I'm about to raise that average: I'm 63 hehehe.
42 myself. Longtime gamer starting with an Atari VCS the year it came out. From there, I had a number of computer and console systems, including the C-64 and the Amiga 500. I've played a number of dungeon crawlers, so Legend of Grimrock was a no-brainer purchase for me. Especially as it has a map editor. I love games that have built-in modding tools (even if I suck at using them, heh).

Sad thing is, even though I was disappointed by some of the limitations in Bard's Tale Construction Set, I'd get it anyway if GOG got the rights to it. I would also happily get Unlimited Adventures as I never did get to pick that one up.

Flynn
FlynnArrowstarr: [snip] Legend of Grimrock was a no-brainer purchase for me. Especially as it has a map editor. I love games that have built-in modding tools (even if I suck at using them, heh).
Flynn
If you're not already involved in modding, Komag and I each have a series of video tutorials that should get you up and running with the LoG editor in no time.

Komag's are at http://grimwiki.net/wiki/Komag_Dungeon_Editor_Video_Tutorials
Mine build off of his, and also have a companion file that you can load in the editor to view/alter along with the videos: http://grimwiki.net/wiki/SpiderFighters_Video_Tutorials

I also suggest getting involved in the Grimrock modding forum. Cheers!
FlynnArrowstarr: [snip] Legend of Grimrock was a no-brainer purchase for me. Especially as it has a map editor. I love games that have built-in modding tools (even if I suck at using them, heh).
Flynn
SpiderFighter: If you're not already involved in modding, Komag and I each have a series of video tutorials that should get you up and running with the LoG editor in no time.

Komag's are at http://grimwiki.net/wiki/Komag_Dungeon_Editor_Video_Tutorials
Mine build off of his, and also have a companion file that you can load in the editor to view/alter along with the videos: http://grimwiki.net/wiki/SpiderFighters_Video_Tutorials

I also suggest getting involved in the Grimrock modding forum. Cheers!
Thanks, SpiderFighter. I did grab a couple of mods from the Grimrock site to check out, such as LoG Master Quest and Back Into the Dungeon, but I really haven't had much of a chance to look through them yet. I recently picked up a couple dozen games from GOG and a little know game (heh) on the PS3 called Grand Theft Auto V... =)

But I do plan on looking more extensively at the editor this weekend. I'll look through the videos at that time with the editor open and try some things out. I'll also sign up for the modding community at the LoG site in case I have any questions (and I'm sure I will).

Edit: Just registered for the Grimrock.net forums. I'm FlynnArrowstarr there as well.

Flynn
Post edited September 26, 2013 by FlynnArrowstarr
FlynnArrowstarr: But I do plan on looking more extensively at the editor this weekend. I'll look through the videos at that time with the editor open and try some things out. I'll also sign up for the modding community at the LoG site in case I have any questions (and I'm sure I will).

Edit: Just registered for the Grimrock.net forums. I'm FlynnArrowstarr there as well.

Flynn
I'm curious about GTA V, but the DRM on 4 kept me away, even though it was supposed to be the best up to that point.
Feel free to drop me a PM over on the LoG forum (same name) if you have any questions.

EDITL Just saw your edit. lol. Nice! It's a great group of people over there.
Post edited September 26, 2013 by SpiderFighter
FlynnArrowstarr: But I do plan on looking more extensively at the editor this weekend. I'll look through the videos at that time with the editor open and try some things out. I'll also sign up for the modding community at the LoG site in case I have any questions (and I'm sure I will).

Flynn
SpiderFighter: I'm curious about GTA V, but the DRM on 4 kept me away, even though it was supposed to be the best up to that point.
Feel free to drop me a PM over on the LoG forum (same name) if you have any questions.

EDITL Just saw your edit. lol. Nice! It's a great group of people over there.
A bit off topic, but I'm having fun with it. The story is pretty decent, switching between characters doesn't feel tacked on, and driving and shooting are fun. I do have some issues with the game (I really miss some of the radio stations from GTA: San Andreas) and some of the controls between GTA 4 and 5 are swapped that really didn't need swapping. But otherwise, a great game. Not really sure it deserves a full 5 stars, but a solid 4/5 is not doing the game a dis-service by any means. =)

Back on topic, I'm gearing up for the tutorials this weekend. I've already created a project for working through the tutorials and another for trying things out. Once I get a little more clear about the editor's capabilities, I can start figuring out what kind of dungeon crawl I want to begin with. I do have one question. Is there a way to increase the size of a level, or is the map limited to 32x32?

Flynn
FlynnArrowstarr: Back on topic, I'm gearing up for the tutorials this weekend. I've already created a project for working through the tutorials and another for trying things out. Once I get a little more clear about the editor's capabilities, I can start figuring out what kind of dungeon crawl I want to begin with. I do have one question. Is there a way to increase the size of a level, or is the map limited to 32x32?
You're limited to 32x32, unfortunately. There are tricks you can use to make that appear bigger, such as secret doors (actually walls) and invisible teleporters. You'd be surprised how big that really is, though. Once you add in puzzles, mobs, and switches, a level can take quite a long time to traverse.
Post edited September 27, 2013 by SpiderFighter
FlynnArrowstarr: Back on topic, I'm gearing up for the tutorials this weekend. I've already created a project for working through the tutorials and another for trying things out. Once I get a little more clear about the editor's capabilities, I can start figuring out what kind of dungeon crawl I want to begin with. I do have one question. Is there a way to increase the size of a level, or is the map limited to 32x32?
SpiderFighter: You're limited to 32x32, unfortunately. There are tricks you can use to make that appear bigger, such as secret doors (actually walls) and invisible teleporters. You'd be surprised how big that really is, though. Once you add in puzzles, mobs, and switches, a level can take quite a long time to traverse.
That's okay. Maybe we'll get that in Grimrock 2, heh.

I just started working on a dungeon this weekend. It's based on the Ancient Temple of Moo map from Might & Magic 3. I've built two levels so far (just the paths, sill need to pretty them up). My goal is to have between 6 - 10 levels total, depending on how many cool cave and dungeon maps I can find in the Might & Magic 3 Cluebook.

Basic premise is the party was sent to investigate the Temple of Moo. They are captured, stripped of their equipment, tortured before finally escaping. Now, they have to find new equipment and escape from the Temple of Moo. I'm having fun with it so far. :)

Flynn
SpiderFighter: You're limited to 32x32, unfortunately. There are tricks you can use to make that appear bigger, such as secret doors (actually walls) and invisible teleporters. You'd be surprised how big that really is, though. Once you add in puzzles, mobs, and switches, a level can take quite a long time to traverse.
FlynnArrowstarr: That's okay. Maybe we'll get that in Grimrock 2, heh.

I just started working on a dungeon this weekend. It's based on the Ancient Temple of Moo map from Might & Magic 3. I've built two levels so far (just the paths, sill need to pretty them up). My goal is to have between 6 - 10 levels total, depending on how many cool cave and dungeon maps I can find in the Might & Magic 3 Cluebook.

Basic premise is the party was sent to investigate the Temple of Moo. They are captured, stripped of their equipment, tortured before finally escaping. Now, they have to find new equipment and escape from the Temple of Moo. I'm having fun with it so far. :)

Flynn
YESSSS...cow level!!! lol
Now I'm excited to see what you come up with...M&M3 is easily my favorite of the series!

Currently, I'm working on the second of my One Room Round Robin projects, where 20+ designers/modders have one room each in a dungeon. The first one was such a great success (although, ironically, I wasn't able to submit a room due to RL interference, I was able to snag one of the original LoG devs), that this one has really grown beyond my ability and so we have a couple of incredibly talented guys who have built a new framework just for this mod - the main hub is unlike anything seen before (and actually gives the designer one 3-level room this round). If you feel inspired, we still have a couple of openings. Check out the thread and jump on in! http://www.grimrock.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5219

My own personal project is "The Hub" and is at http://www.grimrock.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3638 . It has tons of custom assets,secrets, a good balance of combat and puzzles, tons of pop cultural references, humor, and a story, and a couple of things that haven't been seen yet. If I can ever get the time to finish the thing!

I'm really glad to see you over there. :)
Post edited October 01, 2013 by SpiderFighter
SpiderFighter: YESSSS...cow level!!! lol
Now I'm excited to see what you come up with...M&M3 is easily my favorite of the series!

Currently, I'm working on the second of my One Room Round Robin projects, where 20+ designers/modders have one room each in a dungeon. The first one was such a great success (although, ironically, I wasn't able to submit a room due to RL interference, I was able to snag one of the original LoG devs), that this one has really grown beyond my ability and so we have a couple of incredibly talented guys who have built a new framework just for this mod - the main hub is unlike anything seen before (and actually gives the designer one 3-level room this round). If you feel inspired, we still have a couple of openings. Check out the thread and jump on in! http://www.grimrock.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5219

My own personal project is "The Hub" and is at http://www.grimrock.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3638 . It has tons of custom assets,secrets, a good balance of combat and puzzles, tons of pop cultural references, humor, and a story, and a couple of things that haven't been seen yet. If I can ever get the time to finish the thing!

I'm really glad to see you over there. :)
You know, I hadn't thought of the Diablo II Cow Level. Come to think of it, the dungeon The Maze From Hell in MM3 was essentially Minotaurs, Medusas and a Minotaur King. Might make for a good "secret" level. Maybe some monster modders on the Grimrock forum would be willing to help me out...

Flynn
I am 27. I have started with stonekeep, might and magic and the dark eye and can not wait for the release of legend of grimrock 2 ;-)
I'm 45, started off in my gaming career in 1981 after buying a 1K ZX81. In the past have bought/used almost every mainstream console/computer up till and including the Wii (no consoles since then as I almost exclusively use a PC now) . Have been using a PC since 1993, when I had a 486 DX 33 with 4 MB ram, a 270 MB hard drive with a 1 MB Cirrus Logic graphics card...(lol)

Tony.
I'm 20, had never really played a dungeon crawler in the style of Grimrock, Eye of the Beholder etc... but I fell in love when I started playing LoG :)