It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

JudasIscariot: IIRC, setting additional flags during compilation *shouldn't* affect the filesize and checksums.
Legorol: The checksum should be different, whether you use MD4, MD5 or SHA-1. Even a single bit change in the file will alter these.
EDIT:

We just uploaded a new version of this patch that will work on ALL versions whether of the 1.0 or or 2.0 variety of our installers.
Post edited February 22, 2013 by JudasIscariot
You are messing around with this patches.

1. patch_legend_of_grimrock_2.0.1.18 didn't work with previous GOG version installation so I had to reinstall the game with 2.0.0 version and apply patch_legend_of_grimrock_2.0.1.18 patch.

2. Now you have decided to create patch_legend_of_grimrock_2.0.1.19 patch which should work will both 2.0.0 version and 1.0.3.16 etc. But since I have patched game with 2.0.1.18 I got "new patch" reminder on GOG client. I downloaded patch_legend_of_grimrock_2.0.1.19 and since this is higher number than previous patch and GOG tells me it's a new update I try to apply it. I try without success because I get this misleading (and unreadable in fact) message (look at attached screenshot).

Can't you just fix all this? Your numbering different than LoG original patching versions, incompatible patches, new updates which in fact are old but say something else. Mess, mess, mess...
Attachments:
Legorol: The checksum should be different, whether you use MD4, MD5 or SHA-1. Even a single bit change in the file will alter these.
JudasIscariot: EDIT:

We just uploaded a new version of this patch that will work on ALL versions whether of the 1.0 or or 2.0 variety of our installers.
Thank you.
grocal: You are messing around with this patches.

1. patch_legend_of_grimrock_2.0.1.18 didn't work with previous GOG version installation so I had to reinstall the game with 2.0.0 version and apply patch_legend_of_grimrock_2.0.1.18 patch.

2. Now you have decided to create patch_legend_of_grimrock_2.0.1.19 patch which should work will both 2.0.0 version and 1.0.3.16 etc. But since I have patched game with 2.0.1.18 I got "new patch" reminder on GOG client. I downloaded patch_legend_of_grimrock_2.0.1.19 and since this is higher number than previous patch and GOG tells me it's a new update I try to apply it. I try without success because I get this misleading (and unreadable in fact) message (look at attached screenshot).

Can't you just fix all this? Your numbering different than LoG original patching versions, incompatible patches, new updates which in fact are old but say something else. Mess, mess, mess...
Same here, I don't think there's anything I could even add.
So, what now? I'm supposed to uninstall the game, reinstall the base '2.0' version, then apply the newest 'Universal' patch because it's incompatible with the 2.0.1.18 'Universal' patch?
predcon: So, what now? I'm supposed to uninstall the game, reinstall the base '2.0' version, then apply the newest 'Universal' patch because it's incompatible with the 2.0.1.18 'Universal' patch?
Patch 2.0.1.19 and patch 2.0.1.18 are the same patches. Only difference is that patch 2.0.1.18 could only be applied on a base 2.x installation, while 2.0.1.19 can be installed on either a 2.x or a 1.x installation.
If you have 2.0.1.18 installed, you also have 2.0.1.19 installed.
grocal: You are messing around with this patches. <snip>
Well said. Gog should get this mess sorted out, it makes them look BAD! As we are talking about patches, I wish Gog would supply change-logs.
Post edited February 23, 2013 by DrTeeth
predcon: So, what now? I'm supposed to uninstall the game, reinstall the base '2.0' version, then apply the newest 'Universal' patch because it's incompatible with the 2.0.1.18 'Universal' patch?
JMich: Patch 2.0.1.19 and patch 2.0.1.18 are the same patches. Only difference is that patch 2.0.1.18 could only be applied on a base installation, while 2.0.1.19 can be installed on either a or a installation.
If you have 2.0.1.18 installed, you also have 2.0.1.19 installed.
See, no one gets what's going on with this 2.0.1.19 patch. GOG client tells me there's a new patch. There's no information what does that really do, no changelog, no . I'm sitting with LoG 1.3.7 which was combined from 2.0.0 install from GOG and 2.0.1.18 patch (which was also pain in the.. head, cause 2.0.1.18 did not work with earlier GOG LoG versions which forced me to reinstall game with 2.0. installer and then apply the patch). And all of a sudden I'm asked to download and apply 2.0.1.19. There's no info that this is just a 2.0.1.18 rework. There's no info it won't work on 2.0.1.18 patched version. Check my screenshot of 2.0.1.19 patch application window while I try to apply it on 2.0.1.18. First of all - it's unreadable (text exceeds window borders and there's no way to resize the window) and second of all - it's says something different (this patch it's not supported on my game version and asks me to download something - I don't even know what, because text is cut off).

Lack of info, meaningless version numbering which doesn't correspond with real game version number, patches that don't work with previous game installments, technical errors with GOG client (not checking up if patch is really needed or not) and technical errors with patch installer itself (overlapping texts and misleading information). These are main problems with GOG's Legend of Grimrock distribution.
So will I ignore the big shiny "new" sign or not people?
Post edited March 06, 2013 by McDon
I also have a problem with this new patch. I have uninstalled old version of LoG, installed new 2.0.0.17 version of LoG, and applied 2.0.1.18 patch without problems, but in the LoG menu in down left corner (see attach) is still written: "Legend of Grimrock version 1.3.7". So I want to ask: Is everything alright?
Attachments:
See post #9 of this thread...

http://www.gog.com/forum/legend_of_grimrock/grimrock_version_137_update_is_ready_for_download/post9
Post edited March 16, 2013 by sh4dow83
Thanks.
Everyone is talking about the 1.3.7 update but I can not find it for MacOS X! I need the Mac version of the update! Please!
ClarkKent: Everyone is talking about the 1.3.7 update but I can not find it for MacOS X! I need the Mac version of the update! Please!
That awful Version numbering again :(
It seems you have to download the whole installer (Version 1.1.0) to get to 1.3.7. But this is just a guess as i dont have a Mac and there are no changelogs...

We all should vote the version numbering( GAME Version x.x GOG x.x) feature on gog:
http://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/add_version_number_to_gog_releases_eg_earth_2140_release_12

According to Antti from Almost Human you have to redownload the installer as there are no standalone patches for the Mac vrsion.

Source:
http://www.grimrock.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&amp;t=4987&amp;start=10

Komag wrote:How to Mac users patch? Do the same patch exe files work on Mac too?

We don't have patchers available for Mac so you'll have to redownload the installer and run it.
Post edited March 21, 2013 by eispfogel