It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi, I installed Kona on Ubuntu 17.10 successfully but when I try to start the game, it goes to black screen then after a long time I see some splash image logos from the creators and then a spinning wait icon starts. So far so good but then the spinner freezes and there is no response anymore. No matter how long I wait.

Tried both in Wayland (default) and Xorg session.

Any one know how to get it to work on Ubunut 17.10?
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Hey,

I'm having the exact same issue. As far as I can tell it might be a Unity bug?
It's been suggested that running it in windowed mode might fix the issue -- though I'll be darned if I can get it to work. :(

EDIT: I would link to the discussions (on steam) but unable to do so. And as mentioned, cannot figure out how to change the settings for Kone to run it in windowed mode.

one link relating to GOG / KONA: reddit .com/r/linux_gaming/comments/75pphb/issues_with_gog_games_lately/

Though again, having a horrible n00b moment and not being able to figure out how to edit this.
Post edited December 14, 2017 by CKHeim
Hello!

Sorry you are having issues with the game! As CKHeim mentioned, this bug started happening when we updated Unity3D. We contacted their team and they are working hard to find a fix.

In the meantime, we found a temporary fix. CKHeim posted a thread from Reddit that includes the fix. Here is a direct link to my comment: https://www.reddit.com/r/linux_gaming/comments/75pphb/issues_with_gog_games_lately/do9wur9/

If you follow these steps, you should be able to play the game accordingly. If it doesn't work, simply change the lines back to their default values and contact us again :)

Cheers!
jffiset: Hello!

Sorry you are having issues with the game! As CKHeim mentioned, this bug started happening when we updated Unity3D. We contacted their team and they are working hard to find a fix.

In the meantime, we found a temporary fix. CKHeim posted a thread from Reddit that includes the fix. Here is a direct link to my comment: https://www.reddit.com/r/linux_gaming/comments/75pphb/issues_with_gog_games_lately/do9wur9/

If you follow these steps, you should be able to play the game accordingly. If it doesn't work, simply change the lines back to their default values and contact us again :)

Cheers!
Thanks, that trick did it for me.
I don't know what John Riccitiello has done again, but I have lots of problems with Unity recently, especially the full screen mode doesn't seem to work anymore anywhere, including Star Vikings Forever.