It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

it's been almost 2 years since I bought king quest 5,6,7,8

There are French subtitles in floppy disk, cd version (abandonware)

it's been too long that we wait, play 320x200 pixels version on DosBox 0.74 is not fun..c is why I bought the paid versions ... why do not we recover the French subtitles ... my patience is worn out by waiting for no answer ... I'm not a hacker ... there are even digitized voices, music roland MT32 in the game and it would be a good time to please fans for the new year 2019 ...

But Space Quest 4,5 and 6 (abandonware games) french subtitles and not french subtitles in the GOG game or not digiized voices, music...or sierra games, quest for glory1-5 and many old adventure games

The double-sided pics of the 3 original gaming boxes in French of king quest 5, 6 and 7
Attachments:
Post edited January 06, 2019 by cityhunter1
Probably because Sierra either couldn't find the actual files, or never was able to secure the rights from the translators.

Unlike Al Lowe, Sierra wasn't exactly good at record keeping the sources.
Darvond: Probably because Sierra either couldn't find the actual files, or never was able to secure the rights from the translators.
The double-sided photos of the 3 original gaming boxes in French of
The double-sided photos of the 3 original gaming boxes in French of space quest 4, 5, 6
last pics space quest 6 back cover and pics

and pictures of original game boxes in french of quest of glory 3 and 4
Attachments:
Post edited January 02, 2019 by cityhunter1
Darvond: Probably because Sierra either couldn't find the actual files, or never was able to secure the rights from the translators.

last pic of quest of glory 4

my source is https://www.abandonware-france.org

French Service Society (1992)."Art of Words"

It's them who translated King quest 7 : The Princeless Bride (1994) and many titles translated in french :

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (1992)
Omar Sharif's Bridge (1992)
Day of the Tentacle (1993)
Lands of Lore : The Throne of Chaos (1993)
Rebel Assault (1993)
Sam & Max Hit the Road (1993)
Syndicate (1993)
Beneath a Steel Sky (1994)
Doom II (1994)
Outpost (1994)
The Legend of Kyrandia - Book 2 - The Hand of Fate (1994)
The Legend of Kyrandia - Book 3 - Malcolm's Revenge (1994)
The Settlers (1994)
Theme Park (1994)
TIE Fighter (1994)
Command & Conquer (1995)
Full Throttle (1995)
Iron Assault (1995)
The Daedalus Encounter (1995)
The Dig (1995)
Afterlife (1996)
Les Chevaliers de Baphomet (1996)
Toonstruck (1996)
Dungeon Keeper (1997)
Les Boucliers de Quetzalcoatl (1997)
The Feeble Files (1997)
Wing Commander : Prophecy (1997)
Anno 1602 : A la Conquête d'un nouveau monde (1998)

Founded by Stéphane Radoux and Patricia Richer, Art of Words specializes in the translation and / or localization of textbooks and software in French from English, German, Italian and Spanish (non-exhaustive list).

an official Sierra manual(2016) to insert French subtitles games or create subtitles
http://sci.sierrahelp.com/Tools/TraduSCI.html
Attachments:
Post edited January 02, 2019 by cityhunter1
UUuuummmm, was there a point to any of that?

Darvond still has a valid point. Or, it might just be that GOG didn't acquire the French translation versions. There's a number of reasons why the French translations might not be available through GOG. I'd recommend reaching out to them if you want French subtitles available. It's possible that the target audience that buys these games don't use French subtitles so there isn't a big enough demand for it that GOG feels it's worth the effort to implement. Again, there's dozens of reasons why they aren't available on there website
Post edited January 02, 2019 by envisaged0ne
cityhunter1: The double-sided photos of the 3 original gaming boxes in French of space quest 4, 5, 6

Yes, those were presumed translated by an external team and even possibly published by an external publisher.

Take a note of the address notes. Sierra Online was located in the USA, but even when publishing abroad, their nearest office was in Berkshire, UK.
cityhunter1: The double-sided photos of the 3 original gaming boxes in French of space quest 4, 5, 6

Darvond: Yes, those were presumed translated by an external team and even possibly published by an external publisher.

Take a note of the address notes. Sierra Online was located in the USA, but even when publishing abroad, their nearest office was in Berkshire, UK.
I sent a request to the gog service to know if they could send me French subtitles for king quest 5,6,7,8 and space quest 4,5,6 and the quest of glory 2,3,4,5
I am waiting for their answers
Post edited January 03, 2019 by cityhunter1
cityhunter1: I sent a request to the gog service to know if they could send me French subtitles for king quest 5,6,7,8 and space quest 4,5,6 and the quest of glory 2,3,4,5
That's fair of you. Please be patient with them.
cityhunter1: I sent a request to the gog service to know if they could send me French subtitles for king quest 5,6,7,8 and space quest 4,5,6 and the quest of glory 2,3,4,5
Darvond: That's fair of you. Please be patient with them.
I wrote to GOG games but they say it's a problem publisher of the game and they can not provide subtitles in the game

Yet French, German and Spanish subtitles exist in the original versions of the games of the 1990s

Someone could help me to insert the French subtitles in the series king quest 5,6,7,8 as well as in the space quest 4,5,6 and quest of glory 2,3,4,5 and larry suit larry 1-8..... .

I am a beginner and I do not know how to do because GOG games does not even offer a home and manual utility to insert subtitles .... I am disappointed with the support

Do not even talk about digitalized voices and music not present in all Sierra games ... frankly I want to keep hope that it changes
Post edited January 04, 2019 by cityhunter1
cityhunter1: I wrote to GOG games but they say it's a problem publisher of the game and they can not provide subtitles in the game

Yet French, German and Spanish subtitles exist in the original versions of the games of the 1990s

Someone could help me to insert the French subtitles in the series king quest 5,6,7,8 as well as in the space quest 4,5,6 and quest of glory 2,3,4,5 and larry suit larry 1-8..... .

I am a beginner and I do not know how to do because GOG games does not even offer a home and manual utility to insert subtitles .... I am disappointed with the support

Do not even talk about digitalized voices and music not present in all Sierra games ... frankly I want to keep hope that it changes
As I predicted then. The only point of entry I could think is if you have a valid translated version of the game, and do a file comparison to find specifically the French subtitles, if they're separated out from the main game executable. If not, then sorry. It'll be more complicated.
cityhunter1: I wrote to GOG games but they say it's a problem publisher of the game and they can not provide subtitles in the game

Darvond: As I predicted then. The only point of entry I could think is if you have a valid translated version of the game, and do a file comparison to find specifically the French subtitles, if they're separated out from the main game executable. If not, then sorry. It'll be more complicated.
Yeap, I indicated as much too. My guess is that trying to force the subtitles in will end up being more trouble than it's worth. Esp if you don't know what you're doing. If ya want it bad enough, then you're gonna have to accept a lot of work and become an expert in modifying the executable.
Darvond: As I predicted then. The only point of entry I could think is if you have a valid translated version of the game, and do a file comparison to find specifically the French subtitles, if they're separated out from the main game executable. If not, then sorry. It'll be more complicated.
envisaged0ne: Yeap, I indicated as much too. My guess is that trying to force the subtitles in will end up being more trouble than it's worth. Esp if you don't know what you're doing. If ya want it bad enough, then you're gonna have to accept a lot of work and become an expert in modifying the executable.
It's still crazy that GOG is not expected to be able to add French subtitles German and Spanish game intuitively in its software .. Before, this was done without difficulty under 0.74 box. ScummVM complicates things by having a lot less possibilities of customization .... I will write on the forum ScummVM since here the customer service is reduced to a minimum

why buy a game without subtitles of the original languages when it is found free on free navigator in English?
https://www.retrogames.cz/play_118-DOS.php

i dont understand

https://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Sierra_Game_Versions#SCI2
Post edited January 06, 2019 by cityhunter1
Well, we tried to tell ya & you went to scummvm. How'd that work out for you?

https://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14782
envisaged0ne: Well, we tried to tell ya & you went to scummvm. How'd that work out for you?

Hah. They got bounced by a dev and sent right back.
envisaged0ne: Well, we tried to tell ya & you went to scummvm. How'd that work out for you?

Darvond: Hah. They got bounced by a dev and sent right back.
GOG takes refuge behind the rights and he says his games have a fair license for English
ScummVm that is used for the platform says that it is not their responsibility when I ask for help to introduce a translation with legally purchased games

In short, it is always the fault to other and there is no responsible face to the problem

I abandon the subject
I am disgusted
Post edited January 10, 2019 by cityhunter1