It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

cityhunter1: GOG takes refuge behind the rights and he says his games have a fair license for English
  ScummVm that is used for the platform says that it is not their responsibility when I ask for help to introduce a translation with legally purchased games

In short, it is always the fault to other and there is no responsible face to the problem

I abandon the subject
I am disgusted
Your logic isn't exactly equating out into anything resembling an orderly sequence.

Neither GOG or ScummVM can do a thing without the rights or the actual files. Neither of them can just magically pull the subtitles from a hat and then hammer them into place. If either tried the former, that could lead to legal troubles as neither of them don't have permission to use the subtitles someone else wrote from an outside source.
cityhunter1: GOG takes refuge behind the rights and he says his games have a fair license for English
ScummVm that is used for the platform says that it is not their responsibility when I ask for help to introduce a translation with legally purchased games

In short, it is always the fault to other and there is no responsible face to the problem

I abandon the subject
I am disgusted
Darvond: Your logic isn't exactly equating out into anything resembling an orderly sequence.

Neither GOG or ScummVM can do a thing without the rights or the actual files. Neither of them can just magically pull the subtitles from a hat and then hammer them into place. If either tried the former, that could lead to legal troubles as neither of them don't have permission to use the subtitles someone else wrote from an outside source.
In 1 or 2 years when there will be competition on games without drm and also on steam, things will change .... there is already Epic games who arrives, we will see, patience is required

the dematerialized games will arrive in streaming by 2020 and the new gen of consoles, it will well shake up the sector

Subtitles exist, just have the original game boxes
I look elsewhere for a personal solution as here, I do not see any help possible ... good evening to all
Post edited January 22, 2019 by cityhunter1
cityhunter1: it's been almost 2 years since I bought king quest 5,6,7,8

There are French subtitles in floppy disk, cd version (abandonware)

it's been too long that we wait, play 320x200 pixels version on DosBox 0.74 is not fun..c is why I bought the paid versions ... why do not we recover the French subtitles ... my patience is worn out by waiting for no answer ... I'm not a hacker ... there are even digitized voices, music roland MT32 in the game and it would be a good time to please fans for the new year 2019 ...

But Space Quest 4,5 and 6 (abandonware games) french subtitles and not french subtitles in the GOG game or not digiized voices, music...or sierra games, quest for glory1-5 and many old adventure games

The double-sided pics of the 3 original gaming boxes in French of king quest 5, 6 and 7
Because the Queen said, "Let 'em eat cake!' ....drumroll, cymbal crash...*groan*....;) (Sorry!)