I'd love to hear if there are any problems, though.
I'm glad you said that. We (I and the rest of KB players) would love to hear some answers for "a few" questions. But have you already advanced to some higher level minion to be able to answer them? :D ;)
First is the most important one I think.
1) How has it happened / what has happened that GOG has had some weird version at start? It had bigger build number than any other official one available... why? who is guilty here?
2) When we found these bugs - why has GOG used 3rd party's cracked exe instead of asking publisher directly to fix them? As I said, during my search for other infos, I've found out on Russian official forum that any cracks can cause some in-game quests to be impossible to finish / in other words, there are known cases that cracks have generated bugs. I would expect GOG to ask still existing publisher to fix, not using a crack like a normal pirates do.
3) In GOG official patch some perfectly good files were changed to some other versions - by perfectly good I mean two *.kfs and one *.txt file which exist in other builds v1.7(build 35234) (on Steam and GamersGate) and they had the same size - now this patch made them different - so we still do not have original v1.7(build 35234) just some faked version again?
4) This cracked exe already made me cry because of this weird savegame incompatibility - as I can see, it is enough to delete only one character to make savegame work??? o.o Not even change the number of save?
5) KB is not really old game so there is still possibility for next patch - how I can be sure that these modified saves and whole game will be compatible with next version?