It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi,
Does anyone know if you can change the resolution to 1280x1024 in Kingpin: Life of Crime?
The only resolutions I can select are 1280x960 and 1600x1200.
Thanks
This question / problem has been solved by Cabalimage
You can't "out of the box". Whether one can fiddle with a .cfg file I'm not sure, but a quick check did not exactly yield any obvious clues.
nitrotab: Hi,
Does anyone know if you can change the resolution to 1280x1024 in Kingpin: Life of Crime?
Thanks

I don't think that option's available.
I know this is completely beyond the point, but seriously: what for? The graphics in the game don't change much from a setting to the next.
nitrotab: Hi,
Thanks
RafaelLopez: I don't think that option's available.
I know this is completely beyond the point, but seriously: what for? The graphics in the game don't change much from a setting to the next.

So he can play it fullscreen.
RafaelLopez: I don't think that option's available.
Vagabond: So he can play it fullscreen.

Why I'm pretty sure it only plays fullscreen as most Windows games, no matter the resolution selected.
If he has a 5:4 monitor, 1280x1024 will give him the proper aspect ratio unlike the others.
Unfortunately Kingpin does not support non-4:3 resolutions.
Post edited February 06, 2009 by Cabal
Cabal: If he has a 5:4 monitor, 1280x1024 will give him the proper aspect ratio unlike the others.

Well 1600x1200 is 4:3 resolution, just too large for him. Weird for so old a game not to support lower resolutions and support widescreen res when hardly anyone had such monitors at time of the release (not that (m)any had 1600x1200 monitors either or graphic cards to run such resolutions).
it's kind of weird that it wouldn't support it, I'm able to use that resolution with Sin (same engine) but the quake 2 engine explicitly does not.
Cabal: If he has a 5:4 monitor, 1280x1024 will give him the proper aspect ratio unlike the others.
Petrell: Well 1600x1200 is 4:3 resolution, just too large for him. Weird for so old a game not to support lower resolutions and support widescreen res when hardly anyone had such monitors at time of the release (not that (m)any had 1600x1200 monitors either or graphic cards to run such resolutions).

1600x1200 wasn't as uncommon as you think back then (I had one, and so did most my friends). And I don't have Kingpin doesn't support any widescreen resolutions. It is odd that he isn't given any options lower than 1280x960, since I can run it as low as 640x480.
Could someone post the kingpin config up so I could have a look at it?
I would be amazed if these guys couldn't help you; http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
Try asking them - they'll probably be able to make a hotfix for you :)

I have a standard 17 inch monitor (Acer AL1715).
Post edited January 21, 2010 by nitrotab

nitrotab: I have a standard 17 inch monitor (Acer AL1715).
That is a 5:4 monitor, LCD monitors are usually 5:4, 16:9, or 16:10. The old CRT monitors, which were the standard when Kingpin came out, where 4:3.

Your only option in this matter is to run the game at 1280x960.
Post edited June 06, 2011 by Funke
nitrotab: I have a standard 17 inch monitor (Acer AL1715).
Cabal: That is a 5:4 monitor, LCD monitors are usually 5:4, 16:9, or 16:10. The old CRT monitors, which were the standard when Kingpin came out, where 4:3.
Your only option in this matter is to run the game at 1280x960.

I thought so, thanks for the info.