It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hello GOG friends,

My name is Hamza, and I'm part of the publishing team over at Raw Fury Games. Apologies for what looks like a lack of communication around these parts, but's that all changing for the better now. We love GOG and the community here, and I'm going to strive to be more accessible here in the future.

So first thing to let you know about is that we released a major update to Kingdom recently. It's added a bunch of features and changes, so it's worth checking out again if it's been awhile since you've last played. You can read all the updates below.

As for the future, well I can't get into too many specifics quite yet but we're adding so much to the game in the next update it's going to really feel like a whole new experience. The update is called New Lands, and there's been some teases here and there.

Anyway, I'll be more active here now and if you ever need anything reach out here or on Twitter.com/CTZ. NOW FOR A GIANT WALL OF TEXT:

Gameplay updates

-All characters can now run. They will run if they need to get to a job, or run away if they are threatened by enemies.
-The AI has had a complete overhaul, it should process much faster and with less glitches. This means game runs significantly smoother under most conditions, even late in the game when many enemies show up.
-New menu with more options: change sound / music volume separately. Allow change zoom level if available.
-Collision resolution has been improved to decrease lag with many coins.
-Saving (by quitting the game) is possible at night and in combat.
-Borders aren't moved while a wall is under construction. This means archers will stay in position while walls are upgraded.
-Knights will retreat to an intact wall if the outer wall takes too much damage.
-Knight attack procedure makes them more consistent.
-Overhaul for the boss monster.
-Many, many fixes for bugs from the forums.
-New (faster) horses.

Changes

-Enemy boulders damage maximum of 5 citizens
-Make archers always run when redistributing
-Portals stay closed longer before spawning
-Workers won't work on things too close to a spawner
-Deer are no longer scared of unarmed citizens
-Final Wave no longer increases in difficulty before day 100, and is no longer easier before day 30.
-Adjusted enemies to bit a bit more threatening for earlier (day 20 and earlier) Blood Moons.
-Reduced Fliers in several waves and delayed their introduction to a later Blood Moon Event
-Only during the first Blood Moon when players encounter the Breeder is it alone.
-Slight tweaks to Portal collapse waves.

Fixes

-Prevent load crash with incomplete teleporter
-Prevent paying twice for border banner knight charge
-Limit troll speed depending on wave, preventing them from arriving early
-Fix shops disappearing after save/load during construction
-Fix castle being under construction after load
-Fix knights not immediately showing up in right color after load
-Fix duplicate shield save/load exploit
-Fix archers going to the wrong side after losing tool/reviving
-Prevent "resume after winning" exploit
-Make hidden outer portals invulnerable
-Fix fog not disappearing
-Fix visuals getting stuck after saving+loading in forest
-Realigned menu graphics (day counter/coat of arms)
-Fix archers going to inactive tower on load
-Hook up some statistics
-Fix blinking objects (e.g. bow on purchase) turning black
-Clearing now grows grass properly
-Fix correctly saving coat of arms emblem
-Preserve blender (weather) state when saving/loading
-Fix 1.2 Loading Crash and "Double Horse"
-Tweak linear-> Decibel conversion for volume options
-Fix dead monsters reanimating and invulnerable on load
-Fix cliffs disappearing after save.
-Fix trolls blocked at level edge
-Fix arrow/controller navigation in options
-Fix multiple sound instances when citizens pay taxes
-Fix positioning of border banner so it doesn't overlap other payables
-Allow 4 archers per knight
-Fix knights not retreating from an almost broken wall
-Improve archer targeting with multiple targets
Attachments:
Post edited May 31, 2016 by HamzaAziz
Thanks, that's great news, looking forward to the new content!
HamzaAziz: We love GOG and the community here, and I'm going to strive to be more accessible here in the future.
So when can we expect to get the Skull Island update that everyone on other platforms is enjoying?!
Post edited December 23, 2017 by DClements
HamzaAziz: We love GOG and the community here, and I'm going to strive to be more accessible here in the future.
DClements: So when can we expect to get the Skull Island update that everyone on other platforms is enjoying?!
I'd like to know this too.

Seriously, the time it currently takes for games on GOG to be updated when compared to other platfroms is what forces me to use Steam, etc...
I am also looking forward to playing the Skull Island update. Any update would be appreciated!
So, how are updates for this series on GOG? How far apart are the updates? I'd love to buy the games but if the updates are considerably delayed from Steam, I'll wait.
Dorzalty: So, how are updates for this series on GOG? How far apart are the updates? I'd love to buy the games but if the updates are considerably delayed from Steam, I'll wait.
In the past the updates seemed to be very reasonable, but they've never implemented the seasonal updates that they had on Steam last year and also repeated this year.

It's frustrating, because I bought the game at launch and have thoroughly enjoyed playing both classic and the New Lands update. I'd love to recommend it to you, but if you want to buy it here, it might be worth waiting to see whether they add the Skull Island update first.

I'd like to know that the money I paid here is respected as much as it would've been elsewhere.
I am not happy with the seasons. My winter always comes by day 20 or so, so I need a perfect island to get everything done by then!

The seasons should be an option for those of us that want a management game, not an arcade game!

And it's now been over 2 weeks that steam have had the Skull Island DLC available! I can get Kingdom New Lands for steam on G2A for 3 Euros, and while I don't use G2A usually, this mess is making me think about it, not worrying, in this case, if the key is stolen or whatever!
Post edited January 10, 2018 by UK_John