It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It has some serious bugfixes, and It's already came to steam some hoursa go but not GOG
Post edited May 02, 2015 by ketcchupfc
It seems that whenever a game is available on Steam, it becomes somehow "less available" on other distribution platforms. Steam integration must make things difficult for developers to distribute outside of Steam. You're complaining about hours ? Be prepared to wait for months...
The Game itself has an auto updater and is not done through gog or steam it would seem.
jimrh69: The Game itself has an auto updater and is not done through gog or steam it would seem.
The launcher doesn't work so looks like we're stuck on 1.0 till the devs decide to support GoG as well.
I was about to buy this game, but frankly I'm going fed up with that all-Steam policy, and it's not like it was new. I shall reply to this with an all-wait policy...
NovHak: I was about to buy this game, but frankly I'm going fed up with that all-Steam policy, and it's not like it was new. I shall reply to this with an all-wait policy...
You don't need Steam, you can also buy the game directly from the developer. I bought the game from GOG and I'm regretting it now, it seems like it was the worst possible choice with this game. Everyone else gets instant updates, and all versions are DRM-free.
Steam is a no-go for me anyway, and even their DRM-free games require the Steam client for game installation. I may get the game directly from the developer indeed, if I can't trust GOG to receive updates without catastrophic delays...
Yeah... GOG sure could use some improvement on their "patch throughput time" (or whatever you want to call it).

I'd have time to play right now, and there's an important bug fix that was released yesterday, that's available on Steam, on developer's web store and on torrent sites, but I can't have it, because I bought the crippleware version from GOG. Sure makes one feel like an idiot.
I don't think GOG ever really fully got into the mode of being a distribution platform for new games. I'm not sure if it's an organizational structure thing, some overhead assumptions requiring keeping it too low to keep up with new game patches, or what, but they aren't particularly good about that.

As for the devs, I think there's a chicken & egg problem with GOG vs Steam. Steam probably makes up the majority of their users, so it gets their attention before other platforms. For Kerbal, GOG probably comes in third place by a fairly wide margin (behind their own store), so it's not all that odd that it isn't the highest priority for them.

The thing that I find irritating is that for a game that the developers release DRM free anyway, why does GOG have to do more than a quick wrapper to run the developer's installer in non-interactive mode and then do a couple of tweaks after (branding crap like putting in GOG start menu group, adding a GOG readme, etc). That'd seem like much less work and would allow patches to get to us faster.
Okay, so...

If you go into the installation folder, you'll see alongside the KSP executable another program named Launcher.exe. Run this, and the first thing it will do is download the patcher. This gets placed in the KSP directory as Patcher.exe. The Patcher also seems to require (why?!?!) you have an account on the KSP Web Store -- this requires nothing more than a name and an email address; all the other fields are optional. Once in place, it would seem that updates can be applied from KSP/Squad directly.

However! As of this writing, KSP/Squad seems to be undergoing a huge server migration change-over thingie, and the patcher is unable to connect to Squad. Their discussion fora are also inaccessible, returning a "Bad Gateway" page. My guess is that, if we sit tight for a few days, the situation may improve, and we'll be able to snarf down patches like everyone else.
let's not forget that the patch was released on a public holiday, which was directly followed by a weekend. I think it is a safe bet, that the GOG offices weren't at their fullest capacity.
immi101: let's not forget that the patch was released on a public holiday, which was directly followed by a weekend. I think it is a safe bet, that the GOG offices weren't at their fullest capacity.
This is probably the case. I emailed GOG support about the issue, so hopefully sometime today they'll get back to me and/or update to the new patch.