It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I have a clean install of JA2 Gold, and have attempted to install the 1.13 patch. i can only find two patches at the PBWORKS website: the version 4870 "official release" and the version 4870 "Update". According to a prior post there might be one more "Patch" file, but i can't find that on the PB works website.

When i install the game and the above two patches, i get some intro music, no video, and a crash. The game is installed into C:\gog games\ja2.

I tried going into the config file and change play_intro to 0, same result. I know folks have gotten this to work, and request assistance.

thanks in advance!
Look here - http://www.gog.com/forum/jagged_alliance_series/how_to_easily_and_simply_get_ja2_gold_working_on_windows_81_1
Unfortunately, the above does not work.

1. Wine3d does not correctly install in safe mode because it can't find d3d8 and d3d9 files in windows/system32
2. There is no libwin.dll file in any subdirectory on my machine.

Unless thiere's a magic fix out there, guess i'm out of luck. Too bad; i got the game to play the 1.13 mod.
apollak: Unfortunately, the above does not work.

1. Wine3d does not correctly install in safe mode because it can't find d3d8 and d3d9 files in windows/system32
2. There is no libwin.dll file in any subdirectory on my machine.

Unless thiere's a magic fix out there, guess i'm out of luck. Too bad; i got the game to play the 1.13 mod.
Install also this - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

Not sure about libwin.dll, will try to find some info.
apollak: Unless thiere's a magic fix out there, guess i'm out of luck. Too bad; i got the game to play the 1.13 mod.
Grab the files from here. This is JA2's 1.13 svn, and the current version is at 7341 atm.
There's a new stable build being tested, but it's still a couple of months away from what I recall.
Yahoo! JMich, the fix you pointed to worked! Yippee! Thanks so much.

Thanks to Triock as well for pointing me in the right direction.

Off to Arulco. . . .

Thanks again!