It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hey everyone, so I tried CTRL+ gabbi in the tactical screen, as well as iguana, and the cheat mode wont activate. I just downloaded v 1.12 from GOG today. I've checked around for savegame editors too and they do not work with this download for some reason.
Really I just want to get the money cheat so I can take a relaxing journey down memory lane with this game that I haven't played in a long time.
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
TimelessGamer84: Hey everyone, so I tried CTRL+ gabbi in the tactical screen, as well as iguana, and the cheat mode wont activate. I just downloaded v 1.12 from GOG today. I've checked around for savegame editors too and they do not work with this download for some reason.
Really I just want to get the money cheat so I can take a relaxing journey down memory lane with this game that I haven't played in a long time.
Hey Timeless,

It's strange because on my GoG version v 1.12 ,the cheat code works, I summarize the steps :

In the tactical screen hold ctrl and press the keys: gabbi, and normally a confirmation message should appear
"Cheat level two reached"

Go to the Laptop screen and press the "+" key, this key is located just to the left of the Backspace.

And normally you'll have enough money to hire a hell of a team. ;)

To edit your savegames there is an excellent editor: Jape, here is the link

http://www.duggelz.org/jape/index.html

Have fun. :)
Post edited November 27, 2018 by thedkm
TimelessGamer84: Hey everyone, so I tried CTRL+ gabbi in the tactical screen, as well as iguana, and the cheat mode wont activate. I just downloaded v 1.12 from GOG today. I've checked around for savegame editors too and they do not work with this download for some reason.
thedkm: Hey Timeless,

It's strange because on my GoG version v 1.12 ,the cheat code works, I summarize the steps :

In the tactical screen hold ctrl and press the keys: gabbi, and normally a confirmation message should appear

Go to the Laptop screen and press the "+" key, this key is located just to the left of the Backspace.

Yes, I did try all of that, and also tried the old code word IGUANA, and neither worked, no cheats available :(
thedkm: Hey Timeless,

TimelessGamer84: Yes, I did try all of that, and also tried the old code word IGUANA, and neither worked, no cheats available :(
It's really weird, tell me your Operating System and try the following things:

- We are talking about Jagged Alliance 2, right? and not about others like Wildfire or Unfinished Business.
- Try this time with "GQBBI" (the letter" q" replaces the letter "a").
- Installs the game from the offline installer, i.e. on the hard disk, and not with GoG Galaxy.
- Install the game somewhere else than in "program files", you never know.
- In the executable properties, do not check boxes such as win95/98, at the other end as the resolution.

Good luck.
Post edited November 29, 2018 by thedkm
TimelessGamer84: Yes, I did try all of that, and also tried the old code word IGUANA, and neither worked, no cheats available :(
thedkm: It's really weird, tell me your Operating System and try the following things:

- We are talking about Jagged Alliance 2, right? and not about others like Wildfire or Unfinished Business.
- Installs the game from the offline installer, i.e. on the hard disk, and not with GoG Galaxy.
- In the executable properties, do not check boxes such as win95/98, at the other end as the resolution.

Good luck.
- Yes, JA2 Version 1.12
- This did not work either
- I'm really just trying to get the GOG version to work
- This was installed elsewhere other than the C:/Program Files folder
- Nothing

I really appreciate everyone's input, it's not like I can't just play the game, but I would really like to have the money cheat to start off with an adequate force, as I remember doing in my younger days :D
thedkm: It's really weird, tell me your Operating System and try the following things:

Good luck.
TimelessGamer84: - Yes, JA2 Version 1.12
- This did not work either
- I'm really just trying to get the GOG version to work
- This was installed elsewhere other than the C:/Program Files folder
- Nothing

I really appreciate everyone's input, it's not like I can't just play the game, but I would really like to have the money cheat to start off with an adequate force, as I remember doing in my younger days :D
In this case the only solution is to use the program "Stracciatella" when you want to launch JA 2, the savegames are compatible and you can be sure that the cheat code will work.

https://ja2-stracciatella.github.io
Post edited December 07, 2018 by thedkm
follow everyones instructions but type GABBI
oops see that someone said that,do not know works with mine
version 1.12 form gog
Post edited March 22, 2022 by evilscrappy
If the cheat code is not working for you at the tactical screen, hire a mercenary and go into the field...after the helicopter leaves the area just hold 'ctrl' and type 'gabbi'. It will work.
Post edited June 27, 2022 by rocesdesire