It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I think 1.13 is better and I would love to play that version on this Mac but not sure how to upgrade it on a Mac. 1.13 allows for 6 custom mercenaries.... Etc. In my opinion it is just better. Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks.
I can't remember, but I don't think the Bears Pit people have been working on a Mac or Linux version of the mod.
There is stracciatela, which seems to be a native port for Mac. As for the version supplied by GOG, can't you right click and show the package's contents? If yes, try unzipping the 1.13 build there, though be aware that there may be problems.
Alternatively, you should be able to use the windows build and Wine to make your own package, but you'll have to ask someone who uses a mac for instructions.
JMich: There is stracciatela, which seems to be a native port for Mac. As for the version supplied by GOG, can't you right click and show the package's contents? If yes, try unzipping the 1.13 build there, though be aware that there may be problems.
Alternatively, you should be able to use the windows build and Wine to make your own package, but you'll have to ask someone who uses a mac for instructions.
yupp, works on Mac:https://bitbucket.org/gennady/ja2-stracciatella/downloads (about mavericks builds: https://bitbucket.org/gennady/ja2-stracciatella/issue/54/sdl-1215-wont-compile-on-os-x-109)
But stracciatela isn't 1.13 compatible, right? Or has that changed since Kaerar's post?
JMich: But stracciatela isn't 1.13 compatible, right? Or has that changed since Kaerar's post?
You are right it is not. But it has at least some of the advantages of 1.13 included: OS ports (even more), bugfixes, higher resolution and recently data was externalized.
shaddim: You are right it is not. But it has at least some of the advantages of 1.13 included: OS ports (even more), bugfixes, higher resolution and recently data was externalized.
OS ports is the only advantage. 1.13 supports up to 2560x1600 resolution, most of the data has been externalized for ages, and as for bugfixes, they do get included in most revisions, along with bugs of course ;)
shaddim: You are right it is not. But it has at least some of the advantages of 1.13 included: OS ports (even more), bugfixes, higher resolution and recently data was externalized.
JMich: OS ports is the only advantage. 1.13 supports up to 2560x1600 resolution, most of the data has been externalized for ages, and as for bugfixes, they do get included in most revisions, along with bugs of course ;)
Yes, I didn't meant that stracciatella is superior to 1.13, vice versa I meant it has only some of the 1.13 features (due to a different focus) ;)
1.13 works with the GOG version of JA2.

Rough steps:

-Download GOG installer and mount .dmg file
-Drag Jagged Alliance 2 to applications folder
-download 1.13 executable
-right click Jagged Alliance 2 in applications folder, click "show package contents"
-click "drive_c" folder;
-(optional but a good idea) enter program files\GOG.com; right click Jagged Alliance 2; select duplicate - this way you have a backed up copy of JA2 in case something goes wrong, saves having to reinstall it
-drag 1.13 executable into \Program Files\GOG.com\Jagged Alliance 2;
-return to applications folder, right click JA2-> show package contents
- open Wineskin > Advanced > tools
- under utilities column, click Command Line Shell
- type cd ..\..
- type cd Program Files
- type cd GOG.com
- type cd Jagged Alliance 2
- type the name of the 1.13 executable exactly
- let it run
- close the command prompt when this is done, make whatever edits you want to the INI files in textedit; then launch JA2 as normal from the applications menu

I know it sounds complex but it's actually not that hard, just lots of little steps.
judda: 1.13 works with the GOG version of JA2.

Rough steps:

-right click Jagged Alliance 2 in applications folder, click "show package contents"
-click "drive_c" folder;
-(optional but a good idea) enter program files\GOG.com; right click Jagged Alliance 2; select duplicate - this way you have a backed up copy of JA2 in case something goes wrong, saves having to reinstall it
- type cd ..\..
- type cd Program Files
- type cd GOG.com
- let it run
- close the command prompt when this is done, make whatever edits you want to the INI files in textedit; then launch JA2 as normal from the applications menu

I know it sounds complex but it's actually not that hard, just lots of little steps.
Few questions about that!
1. Where I can find the 1.13 executable?
2. What is Wineskin and is it free?
I'm getting the "-10810" error message :(
yugular: 1. Where I can find the 1.13 executable?
2. What is Wineskin and is it free?
1. Google: jagged alliance 1.33 mod
2. Go to Jagged Alliance 2 app in Applications, right-click -> show package contents. Wineskin app is in the root directory. It's used to run the game, you don't need to download it.
So i followed the steps described by yugular above, now when launching JA2 via Straciatella (the only way
it works on my Macbook Pro) it displays the following error message:

run time error
number of tilesets in code does not match data file

anybody an idea what this could be?
Hey everybody,

I just bought JA2 and try to install the v1.13 but no luck.

I run exactly as described above and it gets executed but when I run the game the version is still the 1.0.

Any further tips? I'm no 100% sure that I use the correct executable...

Edit: It works perfectly as described above! Important that you download the "Fullrelease"-Patch first!
Post edited May 05, 2015 by Gaggel
judda: 1.13 works with the GOG version of JA2.

Rough steps:

-click "drive_c" folder;
- type cd ..\..
- type cd Program Files
- type cd GOG.com
- let it run

I know this is an old post but the question is "how to install on Mac" yet you describe installing on PC. There is no Drive C or 'Program Files' folder on Mac. Why installing a game needs to be so complicated? :'(