It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Narf_the_Mouse: So far, I've only been able to get Software mode working on Windows 10.

Tried #4, the -glide shortcut; that worked. Not sure how to change the resolution from there, though.
I think you need to use a glide wrapper, like nGlide, for custom resolutions other than 640x480.
Narf_the_Mouse: So far, I've only been able to get Software mode working on Windows 10.

Tried #4, the -glide shortcut; that worked. Not sure how to change the resolution from there, though.
Pseudoman: I think you need to use a glide wrapper, like nGlide, for custom resolutions other than 640x480.
Yeah, I then tried everything in this thread and it's still locked to "640x480".
http://www.gog.com/forum/interstate_series/i_managed_to_get_it_working_at_high_resolutions/page1
Post edited September 24, 2015 by Narf_the_Mouse
Unfortunately this didn't fix the sound issues I'm having.
Especially the pistol sound plays for a millisecond, so it just makes a "flap" sound.
I really want to use this but the links in the op are all dead.
To the person who gave us the links.

If you are still out there, the links to your launcher are dead. Revive them, so that the rest of us can play Interstate '76 the way it was meant to be played!
I am also looking for this.
Don't know if this helps my problem.

The game is playable so far. I think the NPC cars don't go as fast as they should, because in the "dream race" is way too easy for me. I can lap all the cars 2 times.
But the main problem I have is that I cannot make the jump on level 5.
When I use nitro, my car just slows down to about 50 mph. And even without the nitro when my car reaches the jump it just slows down and I just drop down and crash.

If anybody has this launcher please upload it somewhere, so I can try it and hopefully make the jump.
DONT use that launchers - you will only run into trouble.

go to interstate76.com and there are all necessary patches and maps.
ALSO there is a forum where is source of working patches.
Managed to find a copy of the 2.0 launcher on 4shared:

https://mega.nz/#!g4EwFQDT!UeO-pKYlzRhMmz1Omy9pQytTCaja09K8UrH1y76m71c

I've run a couple of scans on it and it appears to be clean and I've installed it with no ill effects that I can see.

However on my 64bit install of Windows 10 the launcher cannot find any of the installed Interstate 76 files. Tried various compatibility modes but it can't seem to see any of it. If anyone knows how to resolve this please let me know.
Thanks for the link!!

I had the same problem with Win7 64 bit.
it could not find the I76.exe

The solution:
Don't install it in the interstate directory, but in the gog directory.
eg:
not here: C:\GOG Games\Interstate 76
but here: C:\GOG Games

I don't know if this patch solved anything for me. The nitro did not work for me, but I only tried to make it start.
I have to check all the different options and perhaps a fresh install of I76. I will post an update if I made some progress

I tested it with software mode. That just ruined my game. nitro still did not work and also the graphics in the movies is messed up. I did not have this before. This was fixed by just reinstalling the launcher.
For me it works best with the glide option. Nitro works and my and the npc's cars go faster. I can't change the resolution, but that is not a big problem. The game works for me now!

Restarted the whole game and at level 2 it was way too hard to beat Taurus!! Just as I remember when I played this years ago.
Post edited June 14, 2016 by necromorte
necromorte: Thanks for the link!!

The solution:
eg:

I don't know if this patch solved anything for me. The nitro did not work for me, but I only tried to make it start.
I have to check all the different options and perhaps a fresh install of I76. I will post an update if I made some progress

I tested it with software mode. That just ruined my game. nitro still did not work and also the graphics in the movies is messed up. I did not have this before. This was fixed by just reinstalling the launcher.
For me it works best with the glide option. Nitro works and my and the npc's cars go faster. I can't change the resolution, but that is not a big problem. The game works for me now!

Restarted the whole game and at level 2 it was way too hard to beat Taurus!! Just as I remember when I played this years ago.
Did you ever find a version of Glide that works with Windows 10? I just upgraded to 10 and although the game runs fine under software, Glide refuses to work with both Nglide, and Dgvoodoo.
necromorte: Thanks for the link!!

The solution:
eg:

chalkman: Did you ever find a version of Glide that works with Windows 10? I just upgraded to 10 and although the game runs fine under software, Glide refuses to work with both Nglide, and Dgvoodoo.
I'm new to Gog.com and only joined because of Interstate '76... Used to play this game as a kid back in like '97-'99 religiously and hack the hell out of it with hex editor. Anyways, I was lucky enough to find a disc copy in my city(online sale), put the disc in to install and it works perfectly fine on my Asus ROG Windows 10 PC. Ordered Nitro Pack online and that worked too with the original disc without issues. Well can't say no issues, the game does crash exiting back to your desktop for some reason. Brings back a lot of memories.

Never tried it online yet but apparently there is a small community that some how got it to work online and have some matches on Tuesdays... This again only from what I'm reading recently on interstate76.com forums.
Post edited March 16, 2017 by Neekapp
Now i have a new problem :( I can't play interstate 82 on windows 10 64 bit. and the Arsenal launcher for 76 crashes when trying to play high graphics.

Any help and suggestions please ASAP i really miss playing the game
Post edited April 15, 2017 by DON_VEGA
hip63: UPDATED! New I'76 Arsenal Launcher with bug fixes

I'76 Launcher v1.5 (without dgVoodoo support)
http://www.gamefront.com/files/16096693/I76_Launcher_v15_Setup.exe
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E5S2MAJV
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ltrvah62dfl11ut/I76_Launcher_v15_Setup.exe

The purpose of the Launcher is to help players get I'76 and Nitro running with the best performance.

Even though GOG.com did their best to get I'76 Arsenal working on modern operating systems and modern hardware, there are still several shortcoming to game play that GOG.com did not correct. This Launcher is designed to help fill those gaps with the least amount effort possible. (we are lazy, lol)

PLEASE NOTE: It is recommended to set the compatiblity mode for the I76.exe and the nitro.exe to Windows 98 Compaitblity Mode for best results.

You have three rendering modes available:

Software mode
DirectX Mode
Glide Mode

I'76 Launcher v2.0 (with dgVoodoo support)
http://www.gamefront.com/files/20847074/I76_Launcher_v20_Setup.exe
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3QRWRSID
http://www.mediafire.com/file/yqctgdyq68893jg/I76_Launcher_v20_Setup.exe

This package includes dgVoodoo 1.50 beta 2 Advanced Glide Emulation Support.

The purpose of the Launcher is to help players get I'76 and Nitro running with the best performance and best graphics wih minimal effort.

- - - HOW IT WORKS: - - -

When you start the I'76 Arsenal Launcher, first, it automatically closes the Windows Explorer shell. Why? To prevent graphic problems in the game menu and cutscences such as the "Rainbow Graphics" bug. But not to worry friends, when you exit the launcher, it automatically restarts Window Explorer Shell for you. :)

Also when the Launcher is started, it automatically starts CPUGrabber. CPUGrabber is a CPU Throttling program. Basically, modern CPUs are just to powerful for the old 1'76 engine and this in turn causing issue such as wobbly wheels, bouncing suspensions and issues with the flamerthrower and mortor weapons. The actual setting for CPUgrabber will vary from machine to machine, so you will have to play with it get the right setting for your hardware. The launcher will automatically set CPUGrabbers CPU affinity to a single processor core.

When starting the game via the launcher, it will automatically have it's CPU affinity to a single processor core (the same core as CPUgrabber).

Selecting the Advance Glide Settings button in the Launcher will open the dgVoodoo Control Panel to allow you to tweak the game's glide rendering for the best visuals. Please note these setting only work if you use the glide rendering option. Both Interstate 76 and the Nitro Pack each come with there own dgVoodoo options so they can be tweaked individually.

Enjoy!

PLEASE NOTE: For whatever reason some AntiVirus programs (notability AVG) may claim that the installers contains a virus. I assure you that this is a FALSE POSITIVE. Think about it, would I REALLY want to try to spread a virus though a website that has access to my name, address and phone number via my credit card purchases? I would have to be the all time KING of IDIOTS and while I am human (last time I checked) I am certainly not THAT stupid, lol ;)

- hip63 :p
I know its been almost 9 years since you made this post, do you still have the files by any chance? And would they work on windows 10?
I would be interested in the files too.
Makes no sense to have this thread as a sticky, when the workarounds aren't available anymore.

BTW: Does this fix the sound issues (for example the minigun sounding thin and cut off)?
Here's how I got my I76 working:

Download dgVoodoo at dege.freeweb.hu/dgVoodoo2/dgVoodoo2.html

Open the archive (dgVoodoo2_55_4_1.zip or similar)
Extract the files in 3Dfx/x86/ into your I76 directory (Yes, overwrite files)
Extract the contents of MS into your I76 directory
Extract dgVoodooCpl.exe and dgVoodoo.conf into your I76 directory

Open dgVoodoo.

Change settings, hit apply. You can setup window scaling etc on the General tab, which is important if your drivers/monitor aren't setup for that.

Either in GOG, or using a shortcut, add "-glide" to the launch arguments.

Note: VSync (Force), framerate (24-30Hz), and Memory size/TMU (2048kB) are the only critical settings, from what I can tell.
You can run different resolutions etc.

Good luck :)
Attachments:
i76_1.gif (30 Kb)