Changelog for patch 1.12.1 (added 14 May 2018):
- There's a new weapons patch out for Infested Planet, specifically improving the Planetary Campaign expansion.
- Since our players enjoyed the procedural campaign so much, I decided to add a few new toys for free. Each tech tree is randomised, so adding a few new options is a good way to shake the game up.
- Here are the new tools for your alien-fighting pleasure. They will show up in your campaigns, randomly replacing old tech. You can also check them out in the custom game mode (if you have the DLC).
- We've already had airstrikes in the game. Now this technology allows you to drop a poison cloud on the enemy hives, killing all the bugs in the area. The best thing is that the cloud hangs around, so you could cleverly deny the aliens portions of the map.
- Sometimes you just have to be tricky instead of brawny. This new building will spawn holographic marines to distract the enemy. While they're shooting at decoys, you can shoot them back with real bullets.
- Make sneak attacks with this new research building. It cloaks your entire team and allows them to fire on enemies for a while before uncloaking.
- In the Planetary Campaign expansion, sometimes your armies get beat up and run out of morale. Solution? Rescue your soldiers with this new tech station just before they die. If you pull it off right, you can still win even with the most demoralized army.
- This allows you to buff a single soldier to fire three times as fast. Stick this on a minigunner or a rocket trooper and they'll eat aliens alive.
- You can now customize the Planetary Campaign before you start it. I added two new advanced options:
- Play every single campaign map with fog of war
- Reduce the power of retreating (to eliminate exploits)
- There are also several bugfixes and tweaks.
- Enjoy the patch!
Post edited May 15, 2018 by DeMignon