It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
I've read that many people struggle with the "application error 0xc0000022" problem at Icewind Dale 2 startup.

Here is a fix what worked for me:
1. Open Control Panel
2. Open Programs and Features
3. Choose "Turn Windows Features on or off"
4. Check Legacy Components and DirectPlay
Finally dug up this 3 year old post, and it fixed the problem I've been messing with for like an hour.

Thanks much!
low rated
SwordSaint7: Finally dug up this 3 year old post, and it fixed the problem I've been messing with for like an hour.

Thanks much!
For the future, *don't* necro 3 year old threads just to say "me too". Sheesh!
a_kapanen: I've read that many people struggle with the "application error 0xc0000022" problem at Icewind Dale 2 startup.

1. Open Control Panel
Same issue with LOMSE, this worked!
low rated
a_kapanen: I've read that many people struggle with the "application error 0xc0000022" problem at Icewind Dale 2 startup.

1. Open Control Panel
MagusGhost: Same issue with LOMSE, this worked!
"For the future, *don't* necro 3 year old threads just to say "me too". Sheesh!"

Damn, some people are just mindless.
This Hickory dude is bitter AF
low rated
Realentropy: This Hickory dude is bitter AF
Like I said in the post above...
Me too
I have this same issue with Win10. This solution doesn't appear to exist for win 10. any ideas?
tkvasager: I have this same issue with Win10. This solution doesn't appear to exist for win 10. any ideas?
Still works, they've just moved a few things around. Start > Settings > Apps > Programs and Features > Turn Windows Features On or Off > Legacy Components > Direct Play.
Post edited December 02, 2017 by Ryan333

1. Open Control Panel
Thanks! :-)

1. Open Control Panel
Much appreciated man!
SwordSaint7: Your search appears to have been most helpful.

Hickory: I'd agree with most necros, but you never know what one will do until the smoke clears.

Ryan333: Thanks for the additional directions.

Just moved to another computer, and went from XP to 10. Reinstalled IWD Complete and got the topic's error. This post is a major time saver. I'd recommend this information get a sticky for all the original IE games (not needed for the EE versions).