It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I have tried everything I can think of. all alt-tab does is show my task bar but clicking any other program does nothing. All other Alt-variants do nothing the Windows button does nothing. I find myself alt-tabbing quite often in games I play to briefly check on something then pop back into the game but this game wont allow that for some reason?

Another issue is my mouse icon flickers, which is very annoying. so any advice on how to fix these issues would be very helpful, and Ill apologize in advance if someone else has already posted this issue. My search results were fruitless all the same.
Wicked_Joker84: I have tried everything I can think of. all alt-tab does is show my task bar but clicking any other program does nothing. All other Alt-variants do nothing the Windows button does nothing. I find myself alt-tabbing quite often in games I play to briefly check on something then pop back into the game but this game wont allow that for some reason?

Another issue is my mouse icon flickers, which is very annoying. so any advice on how to fix these issues would be very helpful, and Ill apologize in advance if someone else has already posted this issue. My search results were fruitless all the same.
With Infinity Engine games, do not ALT+TAB out. Instead, use ALT+ENTER to put the game into windowed mode. It will behave like any other window on your desktop. When you are ready to go back to the game, select the window and press ALT+ENTER again. Simple.

As for you flickering mouse, first and foremost reboot your computer. If that doesn't help, try DDrawFix.
Post edited April 19, 2015 by Hickory
Alt enter was not working either, but I solved my problems by following https:/zeckul.wordpress.com/2012/01/10/icewind-dale-2-ultimate-installation-guide/

not sure what exactly fixed my alt-tab issue, but following that guide to a T seemed to work. and yea i think that cursor thing was something to do with DDraw.