It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I just noticed they updated the Steam version of IHNMAIMS to ScummVM back in Feb. I don't see any similar update info here (although I haven't rechecked the download yet). Is this update on GOG yet? If not, should it be? Thoughts?
Boilpoint: Is this update on GOG yet? If not, should it be? Thoughts?
No. Yes. Night Dive.
Ah, thanks for the link. I searched through the threads here, but didn't see anything. I probably wouldn't have thought to look through a longer thread in general discussion.
Just noticed the same thing. I own the game here on GOG, not on Steam, so it was pure chance I saw it appear on the "recently updated" section.

It's quite a major update, by the look of it: getting rid of DOSbox and moving the game to ScummVM.

N.B, Buried at the end of the list of fixes, after a load of spoilers, it says that the update breaks your saves. Saves from the DOSbox version won't work with the updated ScummVM version. Therefore, people who are currently deep into the game - and Good-Old-Game purists - might wish to archive their current installers in case GOG does update the game!

Here's the full update description, from Steam, dated February 26th 2014:

SPOILERS
Hello Everyone,

An update is out now for IHNMAIMS which includes the following changes:

Engine Change for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X - DOSBox has been replaced with ScummVM 1.6.0. This also comes with the following bugfixes (spoilers ahead):

When loading a save game, the music played is still the music which was playing in the previous scene before the save game is loaded
When picking up or using objects in a scene, sometimes a "ghost" object is created in the top left corner of the screen
Chapter 1 (Gorrister): After reading the note in the starting room, the hotspot for the note moves to the upper-left corner, so you can read it again and again
Chapter 1 (Gorrister): Gorrister's heart is not supposed to have a "use" phrase attached to it (it's not used anywhere, it's only given), but when "used", an incorrect reply is given to the player ("It's too narrow for me to pass", said when Gorrister tries to pick up the heart without a rope)
Chapter 1 (Gorrister): Using the knife to cut out Edna's heart can lead to unexpected behavior the second time this is performed. The player is either able to talk again to the dead Edna, or get her heart again and be stuck
Chapter 1 (Gorrister): the left graffitti in the restroom can't be examined. Gorrister just walks back to the bar instead
Chapter 1 (Gorrister): When Edna drops her key in the freezer room, the user can hover over 2 items with the cursor ("The key" and "Edna's key")
Chapter 3 (Benny): After talking to the child via the monitor, Benny walks backwards
Chapter 3 (Benny): Putting the lottery bag into the hole and retrieving it back from there summons another Psychic Profile book in the inventory (instead of the bag icon)

This engine change unfortunately means that any saved games made previously will no longer work with this new update.

Enjoy!
Post edited March 13, 2014 by ghostgate2001
I believe most people just put the text into a blank quote section

like so
But yeah, that's the same way I saw it, since Steam is highlighting the update.
ghostgate2001: EDIT: tried to italicise the pasted description, to distinguish official dev comments from my own comments, but it didn't work for some reason. Oh well.
The forum software doesn't like line breaks in the italics. You need to italicize each line. Generic quote is easier.
Thanks for the advice, both of you - generic quote applied :)
Excuse me for asking, but isn't this easily solved by downloading ScummVM and just pointing to where IHNMAIMS resides and running it that way?
JudasIscariot: Excuse me for asking, but isn't this easily solved by downloading ScummVM and just pointing to where IHNMAIMS resides and running it that way?
You can get it to work that way, but it does involve renaming file extensions and unpacking an iso, as detailed here.
JudasIscariot: Excuse me for asking, but isn't this easily solved by downloading ScummVM and just pointing to where IHNMAIMS resides and running it that way?
pezhead53: You can get it to work that way, but it does involve renaming file extensions and unpacking an iso, as detailed here.
Ah, thank you for the clarification :)
So Steam even gets the better versions of good old games? :(
I KNOW! I do that anyway for Broken Sword 1 and 2, can play them on Android that way. All the emulated games on this site can be easily tweaked by anybody, Steam versions cannot. I am guessing that is why GOG isn't in a hurry to engine switch
Elbart: So Steam even gets the better versions of good old games? :(
We went through the entire game on DOSBox and everything worked so I am not sure which version is better. If there were any game breaking problems then the game would not have been released until we managed to fix them.

I hope that helps :)
No.