It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi all,

We've uploaded new installers for all 3 operating systems. Please download the installer relevant to your OS in order to get the latest and greatest version, which is 1.02.

Changelog:

Version 1.01g (OSX) (2015-03-12)
[OSX] Fixed an issue where the game would hang on a white screen on start-up for some players.

Version 1.01f (OSX/Windows/Linux) (2015-03-12)
[PC/OSX] Hopefully fixed an issue causing some players to get stuck on the loading screen or run into a white window that locks up the system
[PC] Reverted back to the vs2010 toolset as 2012 seems to be causing some issues accross the board, if this update stopped your game from working check out the 'Manually install VS2010 Redistributable' instructions from the Troubleshooting thread.
[Linux] Build is now up-to-date with the current Windows version, see below for changes

Version 1.01e (Windows) (2015-03-11)
[PC/OSX] Increased pick up radius for the keys to remedy an issue where they got stuck in the wall and were unobtainable.
[PC/OSX] Fixed shift-look behaviour
[PC/OSX] Added an indicator which characters can be used for each level in the level select screen
[PC/OSX] Fixed vsync toggle behaviour
[OSX] Fixed possible crash on unlocking achievements.
[OSX] Enabled debug logging to help troubleshoot some issues; start the game through the terminal to get the information if you're having any issues.

Version 1.01d (2015-03-11)
[Linux] Fixed an issue where keyboard/mouse input wasn't working for some players.

Version 1.01c (2015-03-10)
[PC] Added a toggle to turn on/off Gamepad detection
[PC] The game now stores custom gamepad mappings in 'My Documents/My Games/HotlineMiami2/controls.dat' which can be deleted to reset everything to default.

Version 1.01b (2015-03-10)
[PC] Possible fix for an issue where the game would crash upon unlocking an achievement.

Version 1.01a (2015-03-10)
[PC] Fixed an issue where the game would not start up if the Windows username contained cyrillic characers

Thanks and have a nice day :)
Peikko: Just install over the old data? Or is it recommended to delete the old data first?
You can just install over the old version of the game :)
Peikko: Thank you!

Oh boy. Now I can't even start the game (PC).
Pataphysician: Sort of the same here. I got it to run. But then when I tried to play a level, it crashed. Now the program won't even run.

Great patch!

Okay, sometimes I get this error:

Runtime Error!

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.
Pataphysician: It seems like the problem has something to do with Microsoft Visual C++.
Try restarting your PC.

I had that happen when I tried installing the new version over my old one.
JudasIscariot: Try restarting your PC.

I had that happen when I tried installing the new version over my old one.
Pataphysician: Thanks for the response, but that did not work for me.
You could try installing the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Runtime as the changelog mentions that the devs had to go back to the 2010 version of the Visual C++ runtime :)

Official Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Runtime link, 32-bit version
For those of you on Windows, give me a second and we'll get you right as far as getting back the older installer :)

OK, if you are experiencing problems with the latest version on Windows of Hotline Miami 2, I've re-instated the previous installer. Please look for a file called "Version 1.01" on your game shelves.
Post edited March 13, 2015 by JudasIscariot
JudasIscariot: For those of you on Windows, give me a second and we'll get you right as far as getting back the older installer :)
bmgermani: Thanks Judas :)
Check your account please as per my post above yours :)
m1mb: Is the 1.01 version here accurate?
I've downloaded it yet I still am not able to keep vsync off, and I don't see an option to toggle controller-detection off.
I have downloaded what is listed as 1.01 twice just to make sure I downloaded the correct thing.
Version 1.01 is for those who are experincing trouble with 1.02. If you can run version 1.02 then run it instead of 1.01.
Hi all,

We've recently received a fixed 1.02 version of Hotline Miami 2 for Windows. Please re-download the MAIN installer (setup_hotline_miami2_2.2.0.3.exe) from your accounts and run it. This one should work now but we'll keep version 1.01 up for those of you who are still experiencing issues with version 1.02 on Windows.

Unfortunately, we have not yet received an updated Mac version, sorry to disappoint :/
JudasIscariot: Hi all,

We've recently received a fixed 1.02 version of Hotline Miami 2 for Windows. Please re-download the MAIN installer (setup_hotline_miami2_2.2.0.3.exe) from your accounts and run it. This one should work now but we'll keep version 1.01 up for those of you who are still experiencing issues with version 1.02 on Windows.

Unfortunately, we have not yet received an updated Mac version, sorry to disappoint :/
Magmarock: What about Limux?
Linux is already at 1.02.