It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hey all,

so i saw there is no section for this standalone expansion so thought id share my fix for it here for all.

I have included photos showing what it looks like. note the the photo of the options menu ingame does not display the actual resolution you are using also you dont need to edit any registries to change the resolution.

What do you do?

Go here: http://dege.freeweb.hu/dgVoodoo2/dgVoodoo2/ and download the latest version of dgvoodoo2

in the zip youll want to extract the dgVoodoo.conf and dgVoodooCpl.exe files to the folder you installed the game in.
example: C:\GOG Games\Homeworld Emergence

then do the same for all the files in the x86 folder inside the MS folder then if you are on a 64-bit OS which most likely are do the same to the file in the x64 folder...itll ask to rewrite and just accept it.

and well this part is optional but I did it just to be safe, extract all files in the x64 folder inside the 3Dfx folder.

all those files must be extracted to where the game is installed

from there I recommend running the dgVoodooCpl.exe software and configure it to your liking, ill make sure to include photos of the settings I use withen it, but that is the software thatll help you configure your renderer to your desired resolution, no more registries

then I recommend right clicking any shortcut made to launch the game and click Properties for it and in the new window that opens for it in the Target field upon initial launch setup the command /sw after the quoted exe outside of the quotes

thisll let the game launch in its more naturel stable renderer allowing you to go into options then you may try to launch it in opengl...even the 3Dfx opengl but for me the game wouldnt render with that renderer.

hense I recommend as you may see in my picture the dgVoodoo DirectX Wrapper

njoy!

and if need be dont be afraid to ask for additional help
Attachments:
Stixsmaster: Hey all,

so i saw there is no section for this standalone expansion so thought id share my fix for it here for all.

I have included photos showing what it looks like. note the the photo of the options menu ingame does not display the actual resolution you are using also you dont need to edit any registries to change the resolution.

What do you do?

Go here: http://dege.freeweb.hu/dgVoodoo2/dgVoodoo2/ and download the latest version of dgvoodoo2

in the zip youll want to extract the dgVoodoo.conf and dgVoodooCpl.exe files to the folder you installed the game in.

then do the same for all the files in the x86 folder inside the MS folder then if you are on a 64-bit OS which most likely are do the same to the file in the x64 folder...itll ask to rewrite and just accept it.

and well this part is optional but I did it just to be safe, extract all files in the x64 folder inside the 3Dfx folder.

from there I recommend running the dgVoodooCpl.exe software and configure it to your liking, ill make sure to include photos of the settings I use withen it, but that is the software thatll help you configure your renderer to your desired resolution, no more registries

then I recommend right clicking any shortcut made to launch the game and click Properties for it and in the new window that opens for it in the Target field upon initial launch setup the command /sw after the quoted exe outside of the quotes

thisll let the game launch in its more naturel stable renderer allowing you to go into options then you may try to launch it in opengl...even the 3Dfx opengl but for me the game wouldnt render with that renderer.

njoy!

I wasn't able to get the dgvoodoo setup to work last night when I was working on going 1920x1080 in Cataclysm. My fix was to remove the glide and 3dfx files to stop the game from allowing them to be enabled. Then it defaulted to OpenGL and the game runs like butter. I'm wondering if there's a visual quality increase from your setup vs mine, but to be fair when I was running glide properly there appeared to be a lot of visual glitches. So maybe an up to date dgvoodoo setup might not be so visually glitchy? How is your experience so far? I've got about 22 hours in the game and maybe 7 of them are with my fix for 1080p.
Does this increase view on the sides, or does it stretch the image?
august: Does this increase view on the sides, or does it stretch the image?
Stretched image means that he doesn't modified keys in regedit for proper widescreen, but just stretched 1280x1024 res.
This is my guide for HW/HWC to fix it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/homeworld/comments/rkhl1y/homeworld_classic_widescreen_fix_better_texture/
Post edited January 04, 2022 by H3llBaron

What do you do?

njoy!

I followed all your instructions but the option to select (D3D) dgVoodoo Directx Wrapper in video options does not show up.

I have the newest dgVoodoo driver v2.78

Copied dgVoodoocpl.exe and dgVoodoo.conf where the game cataclysm.exe is located

Copied the Glide.dll, Glide2x.dll, and Glide3x.dll inside 3Dfx/x64 folder to where the cataclysm.exe is and also inside the Homeworld Emergence/3Dfx folder

Copied the D3D9.dll inside MS/x64 folder to where the cataclysm.exe is and also inside the Homeworld Emergence/3Dfx folder

I also set the same settings in your pictures for dgVoodooCpl.exe

Target field for shortcut looks like this: "F:\GOG Games\Homeworld Emergence\cataclysm.exe" /sw

My game looks nothing like your pictures, not sure what i'm doing wrong. Even tried to put my screen resolution in windows to 1920x1080
Post edited January 25, 2022 by Nex1786

What do you do?

njoy!

Nex1786: I followed all your instructions but the option to select (D3D) dgVoodoo Directx Wrapper in video options does not show up.

I have the newest dgVoodoo driver v2.78

Copied dgVoodoocpl.exe and dgVoodoo.conf where the game cataclysm.exe is located

Copied the Glide.dll, Glide2x.dll, and Glide3x.dll inside 3Dfx/x64 folder to where the cataclysm.exe is and also inside the Homeworld Emergence/3Dfx folder

Copied the D3D9.dll inside MS/x64 folder to where the cataclysm.exe is and also inside the Homeworld Emergence/3Dfx folder

I also set the same settings in your pictures for dgVoodooCpl.exe

Target field for shortcut looks like this: "F:\GOG Games\Homeworld Emergence\cataclysm.exe" /sw

My game looks nothing like your pictures, not sure what i'm doing wrong. Even tried to put my screen resolution in windows to 1920x1080
Hey, were you able to work this out?

I followed these and was able to get it working mostly.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgamingtechsupport/comments/rfh6ln/homeworld_classic_fixed_widescreen_full_hd_and/

https://www.reddit.com/r/homeworld/comments/6ix1b4/anyone_know_a_widescreen_fix_for_homeworld/