It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The same thing for HoMM 1 would be amazing. I still have few discs with the game and it's Windows only.
Could someone please reupload those ddraw.dll and winmm.dll?
Dimaleth: Could someone please reupload those ddraw.dll and winmm.dll?
Here you go
http://www.filedropper.com/heroes2win10fixes
Post edited June 12, 2018 by moranms
Dimaleth: Could someone please reupload those ddraw.dll and winmm.dll?
moranms: Here you go
http://www.filedropper.com/heroes2win10fixes
Thanks! Still don't have any music and glitchy sounds. :( Ah screw it, I'll just play the DOS version.
Could someone please reupload those ddraw.dll and winmm.dll?
xllovera: Could someone please reupload those ddraw.dll and winmm.dll?
I don't have a link of the gog version of winmm.dll, but I found this: https://github.com/maximilien-noal/ogg-winmm/releases
Unfortunately it has some bugs, like playing the battle track on week change and the terrain song starts over every time.
So I made a mixed mode cd with the HEROES2/ANIM folder (keep this path) from the gog image and with the audio tracks from the original cd. I mount this with daemon and it works like a charm with original winmm.dll.
The tools I used for this: fre:ac (for ripping the audio from original cd to wav), nero burning rom (for creating mixed mode cd image), daemon tools lite (it can mount mixed mode cd's, be careful when installing, it has malware).

Instead of ddraw.dll I use GL Wrapper from Verok: http://verokster.blogspot.com/2018/10/heroes-of-might-and-magic-i-iv-gl.html

If anyone knows a better alternative for daemon, that would be swell :)
xllovera: Could someone please reupload those ddraw.dll and winmm.dll?
kastal: I don't have a link of the gog version of winmm.dll, but I found this: https://github.com/maximilien-noal/ogg-winmm/releases
Unfortunately it has some bugs, like playing the battle track on week change and the terrain song starts over every time.
So I made a mixed mode cd with the HEROES2/ANIM folder (keep this path) from the gog image and with the audio tracks from the original cd. I mount this with daemon and it works like a charm with original winmm.dll.
The tools I used for this: fre:ac (for ripping the audio from original cd to wav), nero burning rom (for creating mixed mode cd image), daemon tools lite (it can mount mixed mode cd's, be careful when installing, it has malware).

Instead of ddraw.dll I use GL Wrapper from Verok: http://verokster.blogspot.com/2018/10/heroes-of-might-and-magic-i-iv-gl.html

If anyone knows a better alternative for daemon, that would be swell :)
Hello,

Try this:

https://github.com/mohzy83/ogg-winmm/releases

The only problem is that the songs play again from the beginning every time you enter the castle and go out again. That's why I asked for the modified dll, which corrects this problem.

Regards,
kastal: If anyone knows a better alternative for daemon, that would be swell :)
Homm2 gold iso and gl wrapper.
xllovera: The only problem is that the songs play again from the beginning every time you enter the castle and go out again. That's why I asked for the modified dll, which corrects this problem.

Regards,
This was a problem ir 2.0 exe.
2.1 exe fixed this but introduced some tiny lag after you pick up stuff from ground or visit locations.
There even was a official patch from nwc and in gold version it was default game exe.
How is this dll problem.?
Post edited May 19, 2019 by dahbk
xllovera: The only problem is that the songs play again from the beginning every time you enter the castle and go out again. That's why I asked for the modified dll, which corrects this problem.

Regards,
dahbk: This was a problem ir 2.0 exe.
2.1 exe fixed this but introduced some tiny lag after you pick up stuff from ground or visit locations.
There even was a official patch from nwc and in gold version it was default game exe.
How is this dll problem.?
GOG Windows version was patched by this particular dll ( winmm.dll ) to be able to play sound NOT from disc, but from folder which called AUDIO and which contains all game tracks in *.ogg format.

Unfortunately version which is bundled with GOG Windows release is too old and incorrectly works with modern Windows 10 (and BTW with modern wine on Linux and Mac as well). It is possible to update this dll by downloading up-to-date version from github : but this version isnt optimised for heroes 2: each song starts playing from beginning when music is changed in-game.

@kastal provided one solution for this: re-create mixed CD iso, then install some program for emulating disc image, then mount this CD. To my mind it is too DIFFICULT. Advantages: sound probably will be in higher quality (not necessary though).

There is also another solution: much easier. Dll that provided @moranms is still working in modern OSes and also has additional tweaks to properly resume the CD audio where it last left off. I re-uploaded it and it can be found in the thread regarding Graphic GL Wrapper.
@xllovera I also will keep link https://drive.google.com/open?id=16XPz2QGz11ir-e-8bbmzh2uyJpUpWUtt.
To my mind the best solution - is to tweak github sources to be able to play *.flac files and fix this bug with not properly resumed bugs. Unfortunately @moranms didnt provide source code for his modification.
Post edited May 20, 2019 by AKuHAK
AKuHAK: GOG Windows version was patched by this particular dll ( winmm.dll ) to be able to play sound NOT from disc, but from folder which called AUDIO and which contains all game tracks in *.ogg format.
The thing is, since GL wrapper became a thing, there is no need for dos boxes, additional programs and patched dll's for windows users.
They should offer original game iso download as well with no fixes and patches of their own.
Post edited May 20, 2019 by dahbk
AKuHAK: GOG Windows version was patched by this particular dll ( winmm.dll ) to be able to play sound NOT from disc, but from folder which called AUDIO and which contains all game tracks in *.ogg format.
dahbk: The thing is, since GL wrapper became a thing, there is no need for dos boxes, additional programs and patched dll's for windows users.
They should offer original game iso download as well with no fixes and patches of their own.
No, you need additional game fix. GL Wrapper doesnt fix anything with ability to play sound from folder cause it is completely different mod and this is additional tweak which was developed by another developer. For normal gameplay you need both dll installed into gamefolder.
dahbk: The thing is, since GL wrapper became a thing, there is no need for dos boxes, additional programs and patched dll's for windows users.
AKuHAK: No, you need additional game fix. GL Wrapper doesnt fix anything with ability to play sound from folder cause it is completely different mod and this is additional tweak which was developed by another developer. For normal gameplay you need both dll installed into gamefolder.
You're probably thinking gog version.
I'm talking about iso image made from legit disk. That stuff works perfectly on its own. No need for any tweaks.
Wrapper helps with graphics for newer OS like win8 or 10.
Post edited May 21, 2019 by dahbk
AKuHAK: No, you need additional game fix. GL Wrapper doesnt fix anything with ability to play sound from folder cause it is completely different mod and this is additional tweak which was developed by another developer. For normal gameplay you need both dll installed into gamefolder.
dahbk: You're probably thinking gog version.
I'm talking about iso image made from legit disk. That stuff works perfectly on its own. No need for any tweaks.
Wrapper helps with graphics for newer OS like win8 or 10.
Oh yes, I was talking about GOG versions ( so we are on GOG forums anyway :D ). Of course if you owns original disc you can use only GL Wrapper. It is pretty difficult to find legit disc nowadays BTW. You can install my fix for not working HELP in this case (so F1 will work on windows 10).

GOG version has 3 fixes over original GOLD edition:
1) AUDIO folder support instead of iso Tracks.
2) Removed copy protection, so game will work without mounted disc.
3) Added support for PDF file instead of original help. So when you press F1 in-game Manual.pdf will open.
How do you resize the windows version or enter full screen? Running Graphic Setup doesn't do anything but use the CPU..
I went into fullscreen mode by pressing F4, but now everytime I load up the game, it's a full black screen with a cursor that locks my display - it doesn't do anything.
Post edited January 27, 2020 by zxvf
I've been playing Heroes 2 again lately but I was using the dos version for a while before I realized the windows version was also available. I tinkered with it to get the wrapper working so I could play it in windowed fullscreen but there are still some performance issues I'm trying to sort out.

The first problem I have is when I start it up, it usually comes up with a blank white screen and nothing really works. The intro logo's play with their sound, sometimes the main menu music will play sometimes it won't, but nothing actually works and I have to force close the game. I had to do it 6 times this morning, usually its only 1 or 2 times if at all.

The second problem I'm having is the hiccups are a lot worse on the windows version than the dos version, they both have them but sometimes the windows version will pause for several seconds before it finally starts running again.

Are there any fixes for this or is this just the way the game runs?